GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got mine in August and STILL love it everyday and have gotten so many compliments!!!!

I haven't gotten it washed in a few weeks b/c of the weather and it always looks great!!!!

Best of luck!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is awesome!! I am waiting on my wifes new Acadia. Should be out of the dreaded ASC 1100 tomorrow :blob: You picked a great color.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Love this color! Nice pics! Four months later and I'm still staring out the window at mine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We got the Blue-Gold Crystal Metalic too and love the color. I like the way it changes in different sunlight levels and angle of view. It can look anywhere from silver to medium blue and of course, in bright sunlight you can see the gold specs shining. I've taken a couple pictures of ours, but I haven't taken my "official photo" yet because I haven't had it in any good locations yet. These were taken in the bank parking lot -- not a real photogenic place

·
Registered
730 Posts
nice color..nice pics :thumb:

·
Registered
46 Posts
linehandvoltage said:
I love our BGCM SLT1 as well. It hides the dirt pretty well, which is a plus. ;D
;D That's the main reason we looked at the lighter colors. My jet black car always looks dirty, even after I clean it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just read that Blue Gold is being discontinued on the 09's.... :mad:

·
Registered
46 Posts
JonTon said:
Just read that Blue Gold is being discontinued on the 09's.... :mad:
I wonder why -- it's a great color. I originally got it 'cause it doesn't show the dirt as much, but it has really grown on me. I was in a restaurant for lunch, looking out the window admiring our new Acadia when I noted in that light, through that window, it looked a light olive green - a color I hadn't seen it impersonate yet :) Man, I like this color. I guess that will just make ours that much more rare :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
GM as much as I can remember don't make their "chamealon" colors for very many years. Our first Yukon Denali was a carbon black which was only made for 2 years,our second is blue-green crystal, whic was only made for 2 years as well. I bet the new silver-green is only around for a couple of years as well.

·
Registered
284 Posts
skibum69 said:
GM as much as I can remember don't make their "chamealon" colors for very many years. Our first Yukon Denali was a carbon black which was only made for 2 years,our second is blue-green crystal, whic was only made for 2 years as well. I bet the new silver-green is only around for a couple of years as well.
Very likely. Having heard from a person who works in color & materials for a large car company, most of it is actually based on the fashion industry and just market trends--they see what colors and shades should be hot for a time, and plan out pallets a few years in advance. Things like blues, greens, etc. especially in different shades can get too common if left to linger for too long, so they like to keep them changed--even if that means someone can't get a color they liked in the past.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am so excited, our dealer managed to find us a BGCM in a 08. We had asked him to find us a Liquid silver, but I saw one in person today and just had to have it!!! So we will be getting it sometime in the next week. :blob:
I think after we get it My hubby would like to add a chrome grill of some sort.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up my Blue Gold 2008 SLT-1! It had the RV019 dealer-installed rims on it but I had them swap em out for the P64's (personal preference). This particular unit didn't have the NAV unit but I WANTED it and payed the dealer to install it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow!! Nice picture - looks like a glossy brochure picture! Well done! :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts