GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to install the factory backup camera on an '08? If so, please post your observations here. I would love to know the part numbers used and what it took to do the complete installation.

I know there are a ton of threads out there that have some of the installation information but it is not clear whether anyone has an '08 and has installed the camera so I started this thread for a purely '08 discussion.

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have already searched the site and I wanted to create a thread for '08 backup camera installations. If anyone has any experience with this installation I would appreciate hearing your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this has been discussed before but I haven't seen a clear answer yet.....

Has anyone been able to have the dealer successfully reprogram the nav radio to recognize an aftermarket rear camera?

I showed the dealer the the CoastalETech procedure - which they generally ignored. They plugged the car into their computer, went through the update steps, clicked on something about rear camera, and said "that should do it". Twice.

i now have the camera installed along with the coastaletech 320. everything works great EXCEPT for the camera. (the camera does work...the installer had it working on the AUX input temporarily).

Please help. Or even tell me this is not possible and i need some other component.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts