GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this is a great forum lots of topics and feedback but again I am stuck with my decision to go for it and buy an Acadia 08 or wait till 09, I was so excited about the Acadia I love the looks, technology that comes with the car with so many toys to play with, but again toys = problems, I took a look at Recalls, TSBs & Problems section in this forum and I got confused with all these problems the Acadia has I am starting to change my mind for the 2008 order to 2009 since maybe in 2 years these problems will be solved hopfully, then I looked at other cars' forums like Murano , even BMW X5 and there are problems here and there, then again I think well ALL cars have problems why I dont just go for it and fix as I go like everybody does !!!!

I would like to know what everybody thinks about cars and problems, shall I be concerned or this is normal...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just like you said "all cars have problems" that is why they have warranties. With that said I have had only one problem and I can't really blame the car. The wind shield wipers melted to the glass. Other than that no worries. But its up to you on when you need a new car, if you want one now the 08s are nice but if you can wait then 09 could be a good year to buy an Acadia.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Unless you trade cars every year, I would go with the '08. I read somewhere on this board that the Acadia would get a redesign in 2010. If that is the case, IMO, I would not want to buy a new 2009 that was going to be outdated within one model year.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Normally, if you buy the new model year at the end of the year, most problems have been fixed. I lean towards not getting all the extra gadgetry as just another thing to go wrong and get all upset about, IMO.
Wife gets 19mpg city and on out of town excursions when I drive, 23mpg doing manual calculations.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The wind shield wipers melted to the glass.
Huh? I live in Phoenix and have never had that happen!!! That is weird!!

We have been concerned about a lot of things in this research journey - the transmission (sounds like it gets better with each reflash) water leaks - (sounds like it may have something to do with drainage related to the sunroofs (which I am not getting), ans stuck temp gauges and the like (sounds like they get fixed with a simple recall.)

Every car has its problems, you are right. I just pray that we do not end up with one of the tiny tiny few that are in the shop for 50% of the time and we are more like the vast majority who love their Acadias and have not had a single major problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts