GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Newbie on the list......

For those interested this is what our 2 month old '07 White Diamond & Titanium Acadia looks like with some GM accessories installed. Step rails took about an hour to install, 45 minutes for the first side then 15 minutes for the other. Splash guards about 20 minutes using a very short stubby phillips screwdriver to avoid removing the rear wheels. I just turned the front wheels lock to lock to install those. GM ventvisors leaked a little at first but sealed up a few days later in the sun. They attach to the outer rubber trim seals not the painted surfaces. You have to clean and prime the rubber carefully with the supplied items in the kit.

You can tell we like "white" and "chrome". The "newborn" Acadia and it's 48 year old "cousin" look pretty good together I'd say. Fascinating differences in technology for sure. The 1959 Corvette still has the classic 283 cubic inch v8 with optional dual 4 barrel carburetors & 4 speed manual. Standard steering and brakes. Other options include AM Wonderbar radio, interior courtesy light, parking brake alarm & 670x15 wide whitewall bias ply tires...... All this next to an engineering marvel which has more technology than the Gemini Spacecraft did around the time the Corvette was born!

Nice Job on the Acadia Genaral Motors, Thank You!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 07 White Diamond with Step Rails, Splash Guards, Vent Visors (& an old cousi

Hi, Thanks for the nice comment.......

Maybe you missed it in the text.......a 59. The 61-62's had the Stingray style rear end, being a transistion year before the 63-67's also know as "mid years" or C2 generation. The 53 to 62's are first generations or C1's. The C1's had 4 different body styles: 53-55, 56-57, 58-60, & 61-62.

Rich

·
Registered
956 Posts
Re: 07 White Diamond with Step Rails, Splash Guards, Vent Visors (& an old cousin)

Sloppy of me. I didn't even see the backend, just the front and I'm not up on my Corvette's all that much, but if I'd seen the back I would've know it wasn't a 62. I always wanted a 62 fuelie, but never could part with the money. Too late now, way to expensive. I've considered a new one for a while, but still I'm too cheap. Maybe one day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 07 White Diamond with Step Rails, Splash Guards, Vent Visors (& an old cousi

Hi Craig,

Coincidence. I'm restoring a 62 as we speak(under the cover in one of the photos). At first I thought that's what you were referring to, then realized the back of it isn't visible. Original 327 engine (non fuelie) 250 HP, white(of course!) 2 tops, red interior. All new-old-stock parts going in. Hope to be done in a year then sell. The Acadia purchase set us back a bit so it may take longer.:)

The old fuelies are very desirable but very expensive, and problematic in variable altitudes. You have to readjust sometimes on a day trip if you're driving through the mountains! Early technology with headaches then, and now. But I wish I had one too!

Rich

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: 07 White Diamond with Step Rails, Splash Guards, Vent Visors (& an old cousin)

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE PIC'S. I too have White Diamond and have been thinking about runner boards. I asked the parts Dept. at my dealership to let me know if they install any so I can see them, it's been three months NO call so this post is a big help.
lee

·
Registered
51 Posts

Sweet choice for an Acadia. I thought about getting the running boards installed when I buy it. You say it took an hour total but what about newbie mechanics like myself? Is it step by step instructions or do I need to pound a few :beer:s before I start :banghead:?

Thanks and gorgeous vette too.

·
Registered
956 Posts

I knew the fuelies were hard to keep in tune and now that I'm older and a little wiser I'm sure I would rather just have the 4 barrel. I've always liked the small block better than the 396 or the 427. I know the big block's weren't available until what the Sting Ray?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Lee & cegledi,

A few more photos of the running boards. Trickiest part is getting the front u-bolts to stay in the frame without dropping them in. I carefully looped them in the frame, and used masking tape to hold them in place so they stayed in position. The tape stays there, and will eventually deteriorate. There is some sound deadening foam in the frame at the rear u-bolt locations so they stayed put. You don't want to loose them in the frame as I think it'd be very nasty to try to get them back out. Be carefull! Instructions are step by step but it takes a while to locate the actual mounting holes that are there as the diagrams aren't really detailed enough. I'd say try it with a buddy at first and if you can't figure it out you can always have a shop or the dealer do it.

Regards,
Rich
cegledi said:
Sweet choice for an Acadia. I thought about getting the running boards installed when I buy it. You say it took an hour total but what about newbie mechanics like myself? Is it step by step instructions or do I need to pound a few :beer:s before I start :banghead:?

Thanks and gorgeous vette too.
lee said:
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE PIC'S. I too have White Diamond and have been thinking about runner boards. I asked the parts Dept. at my dealership to let me know if they install any so I can see them, it's been three months NO call so this post is a big help.
lee

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

big bear craig said:
I knew the fuelies were hard to keep in tune and now that I'm older and a little wiser I'm sure I would rather just have the 4 barrel. I've always liked the small block better than the 396 or the 427. I know the big block's weren't available until what the Sting Ray?
Craig, I'm more in tune with the C1's but, yes I think in the 65 Stingray, the 396, then in 67 the 427 maxed out with 3 deuces at 435 hp!

Rich

·
Registered
51 Posts

Thanks for the tips. I'm looking forward to trying it. I liked the idea of the dealer doing it so it is under warranty when I purchase it but it seems like a waste of a few hundred bones and it looks like a fun project (until my wife breaks her leg when it gives on me).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

cegledi said:
Thanks for the tips. I'm looking forward to trying it. I liked the idea of the dealer doing it so it is under warranty when I purchase it but it seems like a waste of a few hundred bones and it looks like a fun project (until my wife breaks her leg when it gives on me).
Hi, These things are really strong. I can't imagine any warranty issues, plus they're stainless steel for durability. The brackets are very heavy powder coated heavy gauge steel and they have special clamps which pinch the frame joints in addition to the u-bolts.
Rich

·
Registered
20 Posts

can anyone tell how much is it to pay for the step rail installed i forgot to ask when i was at the dealer. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts

I just put the rails in too. I did drop one of the u bolts in but was able to get it out in the hole the bottem bolt goes in to.

Did you get the molded mud flaps? I got the contour ones, but I',m not sure how they will look on the vehicle yet.

The running boards were really not bad at all. Just a little patience needed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts