GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just picked up my 2007 Red Jewel Coat Acadia before Christmas. It is an SLT-2 with all options. I love this thing.

I dont normally do any modifications to factory but i coulnd't resist this one. I purchased this grille on EBay and had it installed in less than an hour. Very simple and what a difference it makes to the truck.

Thanks,

Mario

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks good :thumb: I plan on installing a grill like that in the spring, that and window tint.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see we have the exact same truck. Very nice. If Interested I got it from a vendor on EBay called ADS located in New Jersey. A very inexpensive way to dress up this truck.

Take Care :beer:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey! Another Canadian member, and from Ontario too! Welcome to the forums :welcome:

Nice car, BTW.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Very nice! And congratulations on the purchase!

BTW, did you buy it in Canada or down in the States?

·
Registered
123 Posts
How about giving us more details about the install process.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I don't care for that grille look personally. But the truck is a great color! ;) Beautiful choice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice grille, I like it. I think it really suits the Acadia.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Myself, would take the money and buy a Wii that everyone can use. But that's me. :blahblah:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry Folks,

I was not online for the past few days.

Rufio, great choice. I cant imagine going back to the original factory black plastic grill, after looking at this shiny grill.

Aclavelook, I live in Ontario 45 minutes from the detroit border and certainly took advantage of the strong CDN dollar. The truck came from a GM dealer in Indiana and I negotiated delivery to the detroit border. I actually bought the ACADIA sight unseen and it worked out like a charm. Imported it on a Tuesday and had Canadian plates on it by Thursday of the same week.

bg1811, The install was very simple. The grill comes exact made to fit and rounded to match factory grill. Basically, it is an overlay that just slides over the factory grill and has 5 studs welded to the back of it. They send plastic washer and stainless steel lock nuts that allow you to bolt it onto your existing factory grill. It comes with a one page instruction sheet that shows which screws to remove. There is a plastic shroud that you must remove which is held down by plastic push pins, just pop them up and it comes off. you can use the same ones to reinstall the shroud. Then there are about 4 screws to remove to loosen the grill assembly. Then take the stainless grill and push it in place over the factory plastic grill very carefully so as not to scratch any of the chrome or GMC lettering. It is very cool because this thing it perfectlly cut out and just needs to be snapped into place. Once you get it snapped in, you'll know becasue it fits in perfect when you get it, then you need a second person to pull the factory grill forward to give you enough room to slide your hand behind it and install the 5 stainless nuts. then you reassemble the few screws you removed and the plastic shroud and you are all set.

When you are done you will have to clean up any remaining glue as the grill comes shipped with a scratch protective plasctic coating from the facotry. Once you have cleaned it take some pictures of your new "bling bling" grill and go for a ride. You will see heads turn, I guarantee.

Thanks...

·
Registered
56 Posts
The grill looks really nice. I've seen that grill and ebay and was wondering about it - I guess I'll be buying one soon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.