GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of sudden while driving the instrument cluster went dead (dials wouldnt work)and all the Warning lights came on, on the cluster. Car drives fine. I brought it to the dealer and after a full day of diagnostics and having it happen to them (it doesnt happen all the time) they still dont know. Anyone have any experience like this?

·
Registered
339 Posts
My first suspicion would be water. Did you have any rain or take it through a car wash shortly before all of this happened? There have been a couple of documented leaks (sunroof drain tubes, etc) where people have reported all kinds of weird electrical behavior afterwards. I'd check all over the interior of the car to see if you can find any dampness in the interior. If so, I think this might explain it and get them to fix the leaks and the problem likely goes away once everything dries out.

I'm sure there might be other potential causes, but thought I might throw that out there.

Best of luck getting it fixed up. Let us know if you find a resolution to it.

p.s. I think you've got a typo. It is an Acadia not an Arcadia. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, It rained heavy here in new york! forgot to mention that. Any other documents behavior like the one im experiencing?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Re: 07 Acadia Instrument Panel wont work, Warning lights lit

There are not many exact symptoms like you describe, but there are enough electrical problems caused by leaks that you should get it to the dealer quickly. (I believe they are mostly from the drain tubes on the sunroof not being installed correctly, but there are some others too.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 07 Acadia Instrument Panel wont work, Warning lights lit

GAR said:
There are not many exact symptoms like you describe, but there are enough electrical problems caused by leaks that you should get it to the dealer quickly. (I believe they are mostly from the drain tubes on the sunroof not being installed correctly, but there are some others too.)

Thank you very much for you replies. It has been at the dealer all day and they even experienced what is happening but they have no clue as to what it might be and said "we need to keep it overnight for further diagnosis" its very frustrating fighting with them now for a rental

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I would call them and tell them that you were doing research and found on-line that water leaks have caused electrical problems. It's rare enough that not all dealers may have seen the problem. You just might help them solve it faster.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Water getting into an electrical system would cause all kinds of random sporadic symptoms. I seriously would talk to them about water being the potential source. Have them double check the sunroof drain tubes are connected correctly and are long enough.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes, that is exactly what happened to mine, water got to the fusebox from leaks. "Samantha" my possessed Acadia is ready for pickup according to dealer. They recovered the "missing" XM radio, apparently when mine had complete electrical failure some kind of a spike took it out. GMC service writer said they had to do some sort of reprogramming in the computer to get it back (who knows, perhaps GM has a some sort of excorcism ritual now)?
Also claimed to have fixed the lumbar, again, and say there are no more leaks after another dealer took the sunroof apart and connected the hoses the UAW did not apparently feel obligated to connect.
Hopefully they are right this time. :beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts