GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just bought an 2007 Acadia, knowingly having some shifting issues. It's at 160000 miles. When I drive it it does not sound or feel harsh. It will get stuck going into first or second gear. I have to turn the car off and back on for it to shift. Sometimes I have to restart it twice. When having trouble shifting gears it does not sound harsh on the vehicle but sometimes slightly jolts but then again I just bought the vehicle and it may have been my sensitivity to the pedal especially when getting tons of anxiety looking at the RPM go up LOL.

When I had the fluid checked they said that they couldn't tell very well so I think I need to have it running longer before I check it again but when I got under the car there was a crazy amount of caked up oil all under the car. and when I check the oil it was also low although I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the shifting but that is also a thing. I don't know much about vehicles except through trial and error and I no the right and wrong sounds a vehicle should make. I need someone with patients that can guide me under there too see what may be wrong.

I don't understand a lot of the terms but if dumbed down and explained a description and it's function I can understand and visualize what that part needs to be doing. So literally a description. From the least expensive and easier access timeline of actions to take to figure out the problem. And possibly a series of things needed to check before I put in a ton of money that's not serious or the initial problem creating further damage. I have a set of codes given by the seller, I looked some up and here are my sloppy notes, disregard my personal noting
20210526_122816.jpg

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
It's easy to educate yourself here by reading what others have gone through with their vehicles. Use the forum search function. Put one of the codes in the search box as a 'keyword' and see which threads show in the results. The most pertinent threads will be first in the list. Enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts