GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 saab was hit a few months ago and ever since Ive got the car back its been a problem so I thought I would start looking at a few new cars, one of which the acadia. I have a few questions, One how does it compare to the suburban ltz and what kind of real gas mileage does it get? I added pics of my saab that got hit by a trailblazer at about 30mph.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Can't say how it compares to the LTZ but mileage has been around 20 mpg combined driving. I'm sure that you will love the Acadia if you get one!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
TMMAR said:
Can't say how it compares to the LTZ but mileage has been around 20 mpg combined driving. I'm sure that you will love the Acadia if you get one!!!
Not sure if you can compare the two as equals, the Suburban is an SUV, the LTZ interior is very refined like the Acadia but it is still a very large vehicle. The Acadia is large and heavy (not as much as the LTZ) but is much more car like (thus the CUV title). Coming from a smaller, agile SAAB I would think you would prefer the Acadia, more sporty handling and smooth compared to the Suburban. IMO You could also save $5000 + depending on how you outfit the Acadia, a fully loaded LTZ is $50K or more (sticker). My mileage has been about 16 MPG, I live in a rural, hilly area though, I have an older Suburban is that only get 10 - 12.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome to the board! Well there are a lot of similarities and differences. They both have the power lift gate, leather, XM, Onstar, leather, chrome handles, 3rd row, etc.

The Surburban has a V8 and not as good gas mileage. There's also the Flexfuel option on the Surburban. It also seems to cost a lot more. Check this out:

http://www.chevrolet.com/suburban/

Here are the specs on the Acadia:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=254.0

As someone said above, the Acadia should drive more comfortably like a car. I have a 2003 Saab 9-3 myself (Vector). I'm really sorry for what happened to yours! Oh and I forgot...the Acadia looks better than the Surburban. Hehe, kidding, it's a personal preference.

:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
the Suburban LTZ is huuuuge, and the price tag is huuuge. That's basically how it compares. The Suburban LTZ has a much higher sticker price but dealers are willing to give alot better deals on those than the Acadia. You can get 10k under MSRP on a Suburban while you would be hard pressed to get 3k under MSRP on the Acadia. But even after all that the Suburban LTZ will cost you atleast 5k more than an equally equipped Acadia. For me, the Acadia is much better choice, the versatility of the Acadia is awesome. I love how all the seats fold flat, while in the Suburban or Tahoe you have to remove the rear seat completely from the vehicle, huge inconvenience. Not to mention the MPG of the Acadia is far better than the Suburban, I get 20MPG average city+highway, and on long drives on the highway I have averaged over 25. Do you have a boat or something or tow often? You might want the v8 of the Suburban for towing, I am not really sure. I don't tow anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts