GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call that 0% financing is on right now for 09 Acadia. Now is a good time to make my purchase finally.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Unbelievable, they're giving them away. I don't like to see this, this is why GM is in so much trouble. However, it's good for you and other buyers, not saying anything against a good deal from the customer's standpoint, but this is truley sad. Acadias, and other Lambdas should not have to be discounted, my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Wonder if MOST people will be approved.. With credit lending being tight, I would not be surprised if Majority of people don't get this rate, and end up getting a higher rate or no vehicle at all. Another way to get people on the lot and looking.
But if this is on top of the other incentives, loyalty, auto-show, GM Card top off(expires soon or already did), Would be pretty nice.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, my sales guy today told me you need to be close to 700, seems like a low score to qualify, thought it would be higher. I'll keep you posted when I get near to purchase, he did tell me this runs through March 2nd.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
antney said:
well, my sales guy today told me you need to be close to 700, seems like a low score to qualify, thought it would be higher. I'll keep you posted when I get near to purchase, he did tell me this runs through March 2nd.
That seems appropriate. I remember on my 0% loan in 2001 I was not at 700. I was only 21 with no credit history. SO given market/economy that seems better.
I think someone on here posted about their credit union requiring a 700 for a 4.9 or something like that.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Here is the post, and the link... Don't tell RR, he might get pretty mad.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5037.msg62732#msg62732
4LitreRR said:
So, I've been waiting a long time to purchase a new car for my wife. She's got a 95 Explorer, that has done well, but it's time to get something more reliable. We both have great credit, mine being over 730 and we have no debt. So, we found an Acadia with the options we wanted (the one in my sig). I'm a believer in that, if you're going to spend over 1,000, might as well get exactly what you want, or just don't spend money at all. Well, I dropped by the local credit union that i've been a member of for over 6 years and they only approved me for 2/3 of what I wanted. I had 7k to put down, but that didn't seem to matter. So, pretty much, because I am 22 and only 5 years of credit history, they don't want to loan me money.

I'm really frustrated- because I was hoping to get their 5.9% financing, instead of the dealerships (who knows how high). I'm now waiting on the dealership to tell me what they can do for me on a used 2008 Acadia with ~2,500 miles. It seems like everyone else I know in college and around town, rides around in these crazy priced cars and make less than half of what I make every year. What's the deal!?!?!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I agree with 09Enclave :banghead:

But if GM can change my financing to 0%, I definitely will agree with this 0% financing :thumb:

Joking aside, I think this is good for us owners and the auto industry. The more new cars roll out of dealership, the more good it will do to the rest of us.

·
Registered
423 Posts
0% is good. i agree with preytor. stick it to aig and dont pay them a cent!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
maybe I should trade mine in for an 09; I can beat the FICO score and have a newer vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Hmmmm, G8 GT is 0% too.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Wonder if MOST people will be approved.. With credit lending being tight, I would not be surprised if Majority of people don't get this rate, and end up getting a higher rate or no vehicle at all. Another way to get people on the lot and looking.
But if this is on top of the other incentives, loyalty, auto-show, GM Card top off(expires soon or already did), Would be pretty nice.
Yep the GM Card top off expired Feb 2. That's why I bought my Acadia last week. They were offering 6.49% over the phone and were willing to drop it to 5.9% when I actually went in to buy the Acadia. I guess they can only do one incentive at a time. Sure would have been nice to get 0% too. I looked at a lot of vehicles before deciding on the Acadia. None really seemed to want to work with me on a reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I think you made the right choice 8)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Typically when they run 0%, how much of the cars selling price can you finance through? Can you include the sales tax and finance 100% at 0%. Just curious, this might change how much i want to put down, if anything if i can qualify for the 0%.

thanks for any input.

·
Registered
158 Posts
jsimms said:
maybe I should trade mine in for an 09; I can beat the FICO score and have a newer vehicle
Thought crossed my mind too.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Swim Dad said:
Believe it or not the G8 is made in Australia :banghead:
Yeah, my 04 GTO was too. I just wish you didn't have to spend another $10K and step up to the GXP to get a manual transmission. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
antney said:
Typically when they run 0%, how much of the cars selling price can you finance through? Can you include the sales tax and finance 100% at 0%. Just curious, this might change how much i want to put down, if anything if i can qualify for the 0%.

thanks for any input.
I did the 0% for 36 mos. thru GMAC on my Silverado and financed 100%, including the sales tax. I don't know if that still is the case or not.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts