GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I need to make sure this is the alternator.

Are there any other possible easy things to check first? Fuses?

First sign of issues was the whining humming that is RPM dependent. It was bleeding into the speakers as well. Battery is a diehard 1 yr old. 2012 w/ 140k miles.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I would check the condition of the Negative battery cable, connections to it and the current sensor that is part of it. Known to go bad.
But any corrosion or damage to the negative battery cable can cause issues.

a Good visual inspection, wiggle the connections to the battery and clean the connectors and terminals of any film or corrosion. Otherwise, yes, could be the alternator or the rectifier built into it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I need to make sure this is the alternator.

Are there any other possible easy things to check first? Fuses?

First sign of issues was the whining humming that is RPM dependent. It was bleeding into the speakers as well. Battery is a diehard 1 yr old. 2012 w/ 140k miles.

View attachment 9193
Did you buy the Diehard battery at Sears Auto? If so, you should just take the Acadia there and have them check the system. They should, under the battery warranty, check the battery, starter, and alternator and see what is going on. I would not rule out a defective battery but at the same time, all cables, connections and sensors need to be checked as well as the other components of the starting and charging system to determine what is wrong.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Over a week, no longer an issue. I used remanufactured Duralast from autozone(lifetime warranty)

uploading Some pictures/ would have loved to do a write up, still might, but not enough time to do a video.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Over a week, no longer an issue. I used remanufactured Duralast from autozone(lifetime warranty)

uploading Some pictures/ would have loved to do a write up, still might, but not enough time to do a video.
Good to hear! Thank you for the update and follow up. Will help others down the road if they have a similar issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts