GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Acadia Denali AWD - Ultimate Pkg - Ebony Twilight Metallic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a “No GPS” icon on my infotainment since I had a software update last week with my first oil change on the 2021 Acadia Denali. I also lost live traffic. Any ideas? I can’t seem to find anything in the threads.

Telephony Communication Device Portable communications device Gadget Mobile device

·
Super Moderator
22,826 Posts
I have a “No GPS” icon on my infotainment since I had a software update last week with my first oil change on the 2021 Acadia Denali. I also lost live traffic. Any ideas? I can’t seem to find anything in the threads.
The update may have changed some of the vehicle's settings (cell phone updates are notorious for changing phone settings). Go through the infotainment menus and see if you can find out more about it. Start with the NAV-specific settings. Also, press on the "no GPS" icon and see if there's any message or setting there you can change.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The update may have changed some of the vehicle's settings (cell phone updates are notorious for changing phone settings). Go through the infotainment menus and see if you can find out more about it. Start with the NAV-specific settings. Also, press on the "no GPS" icon and see if there's any message or setting there you can change.
I’ve done all of the above with no success. I’ve even taken the SIM card out to try and reset, and spent 20mins on the phone with OnStar. It may just be a trip back to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
22,826 Posts
I’ve done all of the above with no success. I’ve even taken the SIM card out to try and reset, and spent 20mins on the phone with OnStar. It may just be a trip back to the dealer.
It will be interesting to know if it's a software issue, or a function of how GPS operates. Just searched the problem on the 'net and found this entry in a Corvette forum - it's worth reading: What's with the "no GPS" symbol on Nav? GPS will not operate without (at least) 3 satellite triangulation. I learned that in a Magellan class I had attended back when GPS was first released for civilian use.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The same thing happened to me when the dealership updated mine. What you need to do is to turn on your location services.

Go to: Settings - Privacy - then turn on " Location Services "
That should solve the "NO GPS" icon problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The same thing happened to me when the dealership updated mine. What you need to do is to turn on your location services.

Go to: Settings - Privacy - then turn on " Location Services "
That should solve the "NO GPS" icon problem.
Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. OnStar directed me back to the dealership. After another 2 hours there, I was told it's a problem with OnStar, and the dealership is being told my OnStar Premium plan expired. When I called OnStar, they confirmed it was not expired. After another reset with them, I now have live traffic back, but my 'NO GPS' icon is still staring at me on the screen. The saga continues.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts