GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 2014 Acadia Denali. With it, I received the free three month XM trial. I set it all up with SiriusXm and they sent the activation signal to my car but nothing happened. I took it to a GMC dealership (not where I bought it) to see if I was doing something wrong since it’s a new car and computer system to me (just stopped in, I didn’t have an appointment). They said it should have three options on the radio scree; FM, AM and XM. The XM option is not there. They printed a vehicle build out sheet and it shows that it should’ve available, there’s a radio ID and it shows that XM is active. Also, several of the “buttons” under settings and other screens are grey and can’t be selected, which the GMC dealership said that is not normal. He recommended I see about a factory reset and if that doesn’t work take it back to the dealership I bought it at and have them test it or make an appointment with their service department to have the radio diagnosed. I’ve had it only 10 days. I didn’t notice the issues right away as I’ve been trying to familiarize myself with all the controls and options in my (not so) spare time. I’m wondering if this is common and if it’s happened to anyone else? What did you have to do to fix it?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
There is usually a separate XM radio module that feeds into the rest of the radio/entertainment unit.
Perhaps that module is defective or disabled?
The original dealer should be able to advise and repair as the sold you the Acadia. It would be a good idea to contact them about it ASAP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts