2020 Acadia Unveiled - GMC Acadia Forum: AcadiaForum.net
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
speleos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 17,169
Garage
2020 Acadia Unveiled

Read the latest about changes to the Acadia. Some consumer regrets with older models have been addressed, like LED lights, stop/start deactivation, HUD, and a more off-road capable version.

https://www.gmc.com/future-vehicles/...7NVg24pZ1O_Xb4

2007 Acadia SLT-2, 'HiYo' Silver outside, Ebony/Titanium inside, no NAV, no HUD, no errors
speleos is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 10:08 AM
Hero Member
 
DLKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: north central Indiana
Posts: 591
glad to see the HUD is back, don't know about the 9 speed although I do like it in the 2019 High Country trucks.

presently own 2019 Denali, AWD, Loaded, White Diamond
previously owned 2017 Denali, AWD, loaded
previously owned 2015 Denali, AWD, Crimson red thincoat, Cocoa Dune, loaded
previously owned 2013 Denali, AWD, WDT, Cocoa Dune, loaded
previously owned 2011 Denali, WDT, AWD
previously owned 2009 SLT2 Red Jewell loaded
DLKB is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 02:47 PM
Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 168
Thank GOD! F-I-N-A-L-L-Y adding a STOP/START deactivation switch.

Next questions are:

1.) How did they implement it? Is it going to be a *latched* setting (set if OFF and it STAYS OFF until you turn it back ON), or will they force you to press it every-time-you-start-the-engine!!

I sure hope it's NOT the latter ...

2.) How long before every vehicle gets this switch?


Hmmm ... I like the look of the AT4, too, but that's gonna be AWD

2017/2018/or 2019 Acadia SLE-2: Summit White / 3.6 L V6 / FWD / 8" screen / 18" Wheels / (Projected Purchase)

Last edited by Colt Hero; 02-18-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Colt Hero is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 03:12 PM
Acadia Freak
 
divotdug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Hero View Post
Thank GOD! F-I-N-A-L-L-Y adding a STOP/START deactivation switch.

Next questions are:

1.) How did they implement it? Is it going to be a *latched* setting (set if OFF and it STAYS OFF until you turn it back ON), or will they force you to press it every-time-you-start-the-engine!!

I sure hope it's NOT the latter ...

2.) How long before every vehicle gets this switch?


Hmmm ... I like the look of the AT4, too, but that's gonna be AWD
Non-issue if you get the 3.6. My '18 does not have stop/start.
divotdug is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 05:12 PM
Sr. Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by divotdug View Post
Non-issue if you get the 3.6. My '18 does not have stop/start.
This appears to be the mid-cycle refresh so there will be a lot of minor changes besides the new grill and hood.. I read an article my dealer sent me to mean all engine options will have stop-start. Going to the 9 spd transmission makes this possible as I read last year in a newsletter that said the six spd transmission was not capable of using stop-start so that is why the gen-2 Acadia did not have it. At least having the deactivation switch will satisfy many customers.

Did you notice the interior pictures showed no shift lever? Looks like push buttons or a dial will be used. And I'm sure there will be more changes to the entertainment and communication system.


Still too small for me so I'll wait for the refresh of the Traverse before I get rid of my 14 Acadia which just turned 34,000 miles,

Bayner66, writing from The Lone Star State
2014 SLT2 in Summit White, FWD w/towing

Last edited by bayner66; 02-18-2019 at 05:19 PM.
bayner66 is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
speleos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 17,169
Garage
@bayner66, stop/start is something available on the current 4-cylinder version - has been since 2017. That version also has the 6-speed transmission.

2007 Acadia SLT-2, 'HiYo' Silver outside, Ebony/Titanium inside, no NAV, no HUD, no errors

Last edited by speleos; 02-18-2019 at 05:19 PM.
speleos is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 05:24 PM
Sr. Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by speleos View Post
@bayner66, stop/start is something available on the current 4-cylinder version - has been since 2017. That version also has the 6-speed transmission.

Didn't know that since I never read about 4 cyl models. Still, I think the V-6 will also have the start/stop.
Just shows you can't trust the information provided by those auto experts writing in the various auto publications.

Bayner66, writing from The Lone Star State
2014 SLT2 in Summit White, FWD w/towing
bayner66 is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 08:19 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLKB View Post
don't know about the 9 speed although I do like it in the 2019 High Country trucks.
Wonder why you didn't get the 9 speed over there when the Australian Acadia has always had the 9 speed?
Fester1952 is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 08:50 PM
Acadia Freak
 
divotdug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayner66 View Post
This appears to be the mid-cycle refresh so there will be a lot of minor changes besides the new grill and hood.. I read an article my dealer sent me to mean all engine options will have stop-start. Going to the 9 spd transmission makes this possible as I read last year in a newsletter that said the six spd transmission was not capable of using stop-start so that is why the gen-2 Acadia did not have it. At least having the deactivation switch will satisfy many customers.

Did you notice the interior pictures showed no shift lever? Looks like push buttons or a dial will be used. And I'm sure there will be more changes to the entertainment and communication system.


Still too small for me so I'll wait for the refresh of the Traverse before I get rid of my 14 Acadia which just turned 34,000 miles,
Looks like they are going to use the system on the current Terrain that GM calls Electronic Precision Shift.

divotdug is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 01:52 PM
Acadia GOD!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,357
front end looks better on the 2020.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L - 83,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L- 148,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-181,500
rbarrios is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GMC Acadia Forum: AcadiaForum.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome