Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
January 18, 2017, 02:59:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The (Red) Eagle has Landed  (Read 3998 times, 9 Replies)
xcskier

Ignore
« on: April 22, 2007, 12:56:55 PM »

Picked up our red jewel SLT-2 yesterday.  It took 5 weeks to the day from our order date. 

Equipment was exactly as we ordered, so no problems there. 

Vehicle had 7 miles on it when we arrived, but we put another 8 on during the test drive, so odo showed 15 when we left the dealership. 

No problems in the first 12 hours of ownership.   Smiley  Got the homelink setup this morning, so now I can enter the garage without getting out of the car.  Heading out to say "Hi" to OnStar next. 

Everyone loves the vehicle!

Former owner (traded May 2012) of:  2007 Red Jewel SLT-2 AWD; HID; HUD; 18's; trailer package; 2nd row bench; titanium leather; roof rails and crossbars
dchillrat

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 03:53:35 PM »

Nice to see so many people picked up their Acadia's this week. I'm still waiting for "Phyllis" to arrive.
Maybe this week. but I said that last week too......

2007 Acadia SLT-2 AWD, Carbon Metallic/Titanium Leather, HID, HUD, NAV, DVD, Towing Pkg, Sunroofs, Bench, Cargo Audio. Purchased 4/28/07.

2006 BMW 530xi Sports Wagon
etgus

Deep Blue Metallic SLT-1 with most options FWD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 08:34:13 PM »

Congratulations on the arrival!!  Just got word ours is in. Will pick up Mon or Tues., only because "someone" forgot to put on the convenience package and the tow package!  Others are telling me it probably wasn't GM"s fault...probably something to do with the dealer!  All I know is, they are making it right, as we speak! 

Enjoy! Its nice to hear another success story!  Cheers
Cravenfan

I've been to Acadia National Park!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 08:42:49 PM »

My blue deuce (not sure yet what I'm going to call it) is still a few weeks away, but glad to hear you are jacked up about it!   blob

99 Yukon got tired, 2007 SLT1 - Deep Blue Metallic ordered on 4/10/07, received on 6/23/07.  99 T&C also got tired, got a 2008 Nighthawk black CRV EX-L for my wife.
xcskier

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 09:14:18 PM »

Well, I haven't made any "eureka!" discoveries in the last day compared to what everyone on the forum knows. 

I did figure out pretty much all of the DIC functions, and have all those features dialed in to what we want as of today.  I'm sure we'll make adjustments as we learn what we like and what we don't.

I did confirm that the rear stereo controls are fully independent of the front.  I do not have the DVD nav; just the 6 CD change base stereo.  Front and rear can listen to completely different sources.  The rears I have are just the two wired headphone jacks, so they have to choose the same source.  There are a L and R volume control, but source will be the same for both. 

If both front rear are listening to CD source, then only the front has control over disc and track number.  If the front is listening to anything other than CD (including IPOD), then the rear can control disc and track number. 

All these were questions for me, so it's nice to finally be able to do my own experiments. 

Confirming what everyone pretty much knows, the ipod in this setup needs to be controlled via ipod box and not thru the stereo. 

Best sound quality for us (in descending order):
CD
FM
ipod
xm
am

The ipod has to be cranked up to max volume on the ipod to have a reasonable volume setting on the car stereo.  I'll probably try Kelly's recommendation on the Belkin charger/amplifier to improve this situation. 

I haven't quite figured out the headlight switch, with all its settings.  The dealer suggested leaving it on "auto" all the time and not worrying about it. 

If I do this, will it shut off after some delay after the car is turned off?  Or, do you need to manually turn them off?  So far I have done this (manual turn off) to be safe and not run down the battery.  It seems odd for a high end 2007 car that you would need to do this. 

Enjoy the car, everyone.  We are very pleased after 1 day of ownership.  Good luck to those still waiting 10+ weeks!  It is indeed worth it. 

Former owner (traded May 2012) of:  2007 Red Jewel SLT-2 AWD; HID; HUD; 18's; trailer package; 2nd row bench; titanium leather; roof rails and crossbars
jonv112

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 09:24:11 PM »

If I do this, will it shut off after some delay after the car is turned off?  Or, do you need to manually turn them off?  So far I have done this (manual turn off) to be safe and not run down the battery.  It seems odd for a high end 2007 car that you would need to do this. 

Leave it in Auto. The headlamps will go on and off automatically according to the outside light. If it's dark outside, after the car is shut off, the headlamps and parking lamps will stay on for a set period of time (configurable in the DIC) as courtesy lamps. The lights will also come on if the car is unlocked and it's dark outside as approach lamps as well.

HTH!  thumbs up

2005 Sport Red Montana SV6 1SC ext, Touring Package, Trailering Package, Auto-leveling rear shocks, Air inflator kit, Dual Power Sliding Doors, DVD Entertainment system, Rear Spoiler, 17" Chrome Wheels, Traction Control, Stabilitrak,
mckcab
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:27:37 AM »

I have a question on lights.  Do we have the option of having lights come on INSIDE the car?  I don't have any lights come on at all, even when I open the door.  I don't like not being able to see inside before I get in.  Yes, I checked DIC, everything is on.  I turned the dial that does dash lights and they come on then.

Any suggestions?

2005 Midnight Blue G35 Coupe (VROOM!)
2007 Red Jewel SLT-2 Acadia FWD with everything

Walk softly and carry a big stick!
wearefla

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 08:46:18 AM »

Hey mckcab, the courtesy light switch is just above the dimmer knob next to the main light switch. Mine had the same symptoms, owner's manual did not point out this was a switch, it doesn't look like one. It is mentioned in the "Getting to know your Acadia" brochure in the glove compartment, and I've seen this mentioned in a thread on here someplace... So much info on this forum! Kudos to and a great job done by the moderators/administrators.

Check out our new forum at:
http://www.weareocala.com
'07 Acadia SLT-1 FWD-Blue Gold Metallic-Titanium Leather-Sunroof(s)-7 passenger-XM-Power liftgate
'02 Rendevous-Loaded
'00 Sierra SLE-Great for towing boat
Traded-'04 Envoy-Loaded
mckcab
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 09:35:54 AM »

Thanks, wearefla.  I checked the owners manual and couldn't find it.  I didn't remember reading anything about it here, but like you said there is ALOT of info.  I'll fix it tonight!! Cheers to you

2005 Midnight Blue G35 Coupe (VROOM!)
2007 Red Jewel SLT-2 Acadia FWD with everything

Walk softly and carry a big stick!
admin
Administrator
Acadia Freak

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 08:05:09 PM »

It's in the Tech Section FAQ because it stumped me too!

2007 Acadia SLT1 (Carbon Metallic/Titanium, DVD, Convenience, Captains Chairs, Cargo Pkg, XM, outlet) photo album
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (Summit White/Beige, RS pkg, Sunroof, 20" Polished Wheels, 426HP of Pure Evil!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories