Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
November 28, 2014, 05:53:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merged: CBS money Watch/Acadia Bashing  (Read 12961 times, 18 Replies)
Bigred74k20

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2011, 04:33:18 PM »

Not surprising but I still love my acadia.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/5-used-cars-to-avoid--and-5-better-alternatives-.html 

2008 GMC SIERRA 3500HD SLT CC DMAX
2008 GMC Acadia AWD SLT

2005 Chevrolet silverado 2500 CC Duramax LT3 (SOLD)
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 04:37:09 PM »

Funny they cite suspension and audio system.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

I'M AN ACCOUNT TAKER AND A THREAD BREAKER

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 04:38:51 PM »

And their alternative pick was a Toyota........what a bunch of losers

Sent from my iPhone 3G S using Tapatalk

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)-Build date 12/13/2013  Mine 3/15/2014
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
mjmhere
Acadia Guru

Sleek !

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 02:48:35 AM »

CBS otta stick to slandering politicians (if that's possible) or reporting on a war someplace.  Leave the true reports on cars to the Wall Street Journal  Grin Grin

2011 Acadia Denali, Summit White with Ebony leather interior, Nav, chrome mods, Denali-specific running boards

" My memory fails me quite often.  Also, my memory fails me quite often Huh? Huh?"
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 06:07:36 AM »

Isn't it fun to listen, or read, one jounalists opinion?  Where did Bozo the Clone get his info?

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
Sailfish
Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!
Acadia GOD!

Volunteer with Sheltie rescue organizations

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 06:47:58 AM »

Isn't it fun to listen, or read, one jounalists opinion?  Where did Bozo the Clone get his info?

Probably from a relative who is a Toyota dealer.   shrug

11 Enclave CXL2 WDT/Titanium FWD 20" Wheels build 11/10 purchase 2/11 - PF-63 & Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
bonk1313
Hey members, Update your signatures with vehicle details. And post some pics of your ACADIA to share.
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Carbon Black 2008 GMC Acadia SLT 2 Ebony 2-2-3

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 08:35:03 AM »

suspension and audo,,,, really thats the best they can do. we all know there have been some less then desirable flaws in the acadia, but to make mention of those items, and nothing about transmission, timing chain, water pumps atelast. wow. just shows they have no clue what so ever.

but i do like that and SLE is selling for 25k,  Grin

19's,2xSky,Trailering,GM HR DVD,Husky Liners,Bully Imposter GI51 Grille,Cargo Rails
Built 9/07,5/8 FLASH,XD XTREME 4300K HID KIT,Putco LED Interior Lights,
Copperhead13
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 08:38:32 AM »

% Vehicles to avoid, guess what's on the list?

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/5-used-cars-to-avoid--and-5-better-alternatives-.html

2009 GMC Acadia SLE, FWD.              
Quicksilver/Titanium, Convenience/     
Preferred/Visibility/Trailering.
SAC Member
FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

I'M AN ACCOUNT TAKER AND A THREAD BREAKER

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 08:52:50 AM »

Somebody beat you to it

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=9721.msg155627;topicseen#new

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)-Build date 12/13/2013  Mine 3/15/2014
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 09:04:23 AM »

suspension and audo,,,, really thats the best they can do. we all know there have been some less then desirable flaws in the acadia, but to make mention of those items, and nothing about transmission, timing chain, water pumps atelast. wow. just shows they have no clue what so ever.

but i do like that and SLE is selling for 25k,  Grin
All very funny.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
AcaTim

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »

I went through the faulty power steering pump and AC drain blockage resulting is leaking, but the dealer was great in fixing those issues....

I think the Acadia is a great car, in fact for my family it's perfect.  I have a 2008 SLT2 and it's loaded with everything (I added bluefusion aftermarket), with 3 very usable rows, decent gas milage it's awesome!
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 09:34:38 AM »

The BS in CBS seems appropriate.

ccaats

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 10:26:02 AM »

And, here's their reasoning for poor Acadia reliability: "Readers there reported problems with the suspension and audio system".  HUH?  They OBVIOUSLY did their homework about what are the common issues with an Acadia.....what a freaking joke.  AND, no surprise that THREE of their "recommended" models are Toyotas!  What a bunch of CRAP!

His Lambda: '08 Acadia SLT-2 FWD, Deep Blue/Titanium, Sunroof, Towing, Step Rails, Splash Guards, H11 Xtreme HID 5000K, 5202 LED Fogs, 194 LED Lic. Plate, LED Interior, 100K+ miles

Her Lambda: '08 Enclave CXL AWD, Red Jewel, Cashmere Lthr, Driver Conf, Lux Pkg, Towing, NAV/DVD, 19" Chromes, Sunro
ccaats

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 10:30:18 AM »

What's the frequency, Kenneth? 

His Lambda: '08 Acadia SLT-2 FWD, Deep Blue/Titanium, Sunroof, Towing, Step Rails, Splash Guards, H11 Xtreme HID 5000K, 5202 LED Fogs, 194 LED Lic. Plate, LED Interior, 100K+ miles

Her Lambda: '08 Enclave CXL AWD, Red Jewel, Cashmere Lthr, Driver Conf, Lux Pkg, Towing, NAV/DVD, 19" Chromes, Sunro
bonk1313
Hey members, Update your signatures with vehicle details. And post some pics of your ACADIA to share.
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Carbon Black 2008 GMC Acadia SLT 2 Ebony 2-2-3

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 10:58:19 AM »

topics merged

19's,2xSky,Trailering,GM HR DVD,Husky Liners,Bully Imposter GI51 Grille,Cargo Rails
Built 9/07,5/8 FLASH,XD XTREME 4300K HID KIT,Putco LED Interior Lights,
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 11:03:14 AM »

And, here's their reasoning for poor Acadia reliability: "Readers there reported problems with the suspension and audio system".  HUH?  They OBVIOUSLY did their homework about what are the common issues with an Acadia.....what a freaking joke.  AND, no surprise that THREE of their "recommended" models are Toyotas!  What a bunch of CRAP!
Must be taken from Consumers Reports.  Laughable.

Matno

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 06:27:03 PM »

I've heard plenty of people complain about problems adding aftermarket units to Lambdas. And I guess a few "audiophiles" have complained that Bose is "low-end" (whatever...  :Smiley ) But problems? The only real problems I've heard of related to water damage from leaking sunroofs, not the audio system itself!

And suspension? How many posts have you seen on this forum complaining about suspension? Usually, the reviews are amazed at the suspension and handling of these vehicles in spite of their huge size. "Car-like" is not an uncommon description (and I'm pretty sure they mean that in a positive way - even though I personally wouldn't mind "truck-like" if it went along with being slightly taller...)

09Enclave
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 07:52:52 PM »

And their alternative pick was a Toyota........what a bunch of losers

Sent from my iPhone 3G S using Tapatalk
EVERY domestic vehicle they picked, they then said buy a Toyota instead....hmmmm, who got paid for this piece of crap article?  Only the VW did they say buy Hyundai instead.  Why not Toyota for that one?

EDIT:  OK, they DO say to buy Ford Fusion instead of the VW Passat, so there's ONE example of buying domestic over foreign.

2009 Enclave CX FWD, silver green with ebony cloth, driver's confidence pkg, tow pkg, 8-passenger seating.
neoflec

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 12:12:57 PM »

My wife currently drives a 2008 4Runner but we are currently looking to pick up a 2011 Acadia Denali as a replacement.  I have to be honest and say that they truck has been a pleasure to own and drive and we have had zero issues with it but their complaints of the Acadia are kind of petty especially when even the top of the line 4Runner comes with the crappiest sounding audio system on the market and to this day I or the dealer still can't get the head unit to recognize anything that gets plugged into the USB port even after swapping out the head unit for a new one so that to me was a silly comparison and the stereo should not be your sole basis on buying a car.  The suspension in the Limited 4Runners is a little soft and floaty but it does drive nice but there is room for improvement, again another weird angle for them to take.  We are looking to get rid of the Runner as we have outgrown it so comparing these two models is apples and oranges in my opinion also.  Traveling with my wife, daughter and two dogs with luggage is a super tight squeeze in the Runner whereas the Acadia will be much more accommodating and now that we are planning on number two we decided we might as well get something bigger now, Ala Acadia.  My wife likes the Acadia especially for the rear captains chairs as she feels it will be easier to tend to the kids when on the road rather than squeezing through with a rear bench seat.  I honestly liked the interior of the Traverse better(It felt a little roomier) but she didn't and we were both on the fence about the exterior looks of the Traverse especially it's giant rear-end with its teenie tiny tailights but in the end Happy wife Happy Life so the Acadia it will be.  I am a little apprehensive about buying a GM especially coming from the reliability of the Toyota but they just didn't have anything size wise that can compete with the Acadia unless of course I step up to the Sequoia but that would also run me $65K+ loaded similarly to the Acadia.(No Thanks)  Before anyone flames me I have owned my share of GM products, mostly Cadillac and GMC and the build quality just doesn't compare to the foreign market, especially when it comes to the interior.  The 4Runner even with 50k on the clock still has zero rattles. We did look at the new Explorer but after doing research the reviews have been less than stellar especially with the new Ford Sync system where everything is tied into the in dash unit which is known for crashing often leaving you without climate control etc until it reboots.  Plus being even less of a Ford man it was easy for me to talk myself out of that route even with a local dealer pretty much letting us steal a fully loaded Limited. 
If your just a married couple with no kids a 4Runner may be very practical but I think once you start adding multiple children to the mix you just can't compare the two vehicles as the 4Runner even the new ones get small quick.  Plus if your searching the used market you are going to pay a bit more for the 4Runner as they hold their value much better than the Acadia but at the end of the day they are geared for completely different people with completely different needs.  I do like the fact that the 4Runner is a body on frame vehicle though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories