Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
March 28, 2017, 03:40:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! More info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Poll
Question: Do you think it is worth filing a class action suit to cover timing chains for the life of the vehicle?
Yes - 69 (63.9%)
No - 39 (36.1%)
Total Voters: 108

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Class Action Suit for Timing Chains  (Read 41325 times, 62 Replies)
GeoHawk
Thread Killer
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

GeoHawk no function beer well without

« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2017, 11:00:48 AM »

First, they are not ALL failing.   
Second, I seriously doubt, young or old, you know someone that has went 150k miles without ever changing the oil.

Grin Never had a timing chain problem with mine, but I changed my oil regularly.

Yeah, 150K miles without an oil change?  Not happening.  One of my sisters had two Lexus ES's (Lexi?  wink ) that each ended up needing new motors, at almost the same time.  Why?  They never changed the oil!  She thought, "Well, its a Lexus/Toyota.  They are so dependable they don't need the oil changed."  Shocked

08 Acadia FWD SLT-2 Liquid Silver/Brick, 129K miles (Built 8/24/07 - Mine 9/7/07) SOLD
17 Silverado LT CC 4x4 5.3L (Built 3/3/17 - Mine 3/27/17)
14 Cruze 2LT/RS 6-spd (Built 2/26/14 - Mine 3/22/14)
16 Sierra All-Terrain CC 5.3L (Built 5/14/16 - Mine 8/30/16)
14 Escape SE 1.6L FWD (Mine 12/27/16)
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia NIRVANA

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2017, 11:31:32 AM »

Second, I seriously doubt, young or old, you know someone that has went 150k miles without ever changing the oil.

He might not, but I have. It was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. (And a story too long for this thread.)  Grin Grin

Fourth, who do you plan to sue regarding the 2006-2009 engines?   That company no longer exists and the new company was absolved of product liability issues.

This is a really good question since the engine is one of those 'global' designs. Will the suit include Holden, Suzuki, and others?

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
bohica57

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2017, 05:11:30 PM »

First, they are not ALL failing.   
Third, if you want people to respond to you then use a real email address instead of a disposable hotmail address.   Only the naive will take one of those seriously.
Fourth, who do you plan to sue regarding the 2006-2009 engines?   That company no longer exists and the new company was absolved of product liability issues.

Yes I do know people, young and old that have gone 150k miles without ever changing oil, just adding whenever they decided to check.  Chains have failed before and after warranties no matter what oil change routine was followed.  I use that hotmail address because i do not want emails coming through my business email address and dropping into a spam box or getting automatically deleted.  I have responded to all of the people that have emailed me and asked their permission to have an attorney contact them.  All have said yes, and by the way, there were even hotmail addresses in addition to several gmail addresses.

That is my full name, it's not a disposable email address, and I have had it for well over 10 years. 

The problem is still going on.  I bought my vehicle in 2010 from GM, I did not purchase the vehicle and then shop for an engine.  Whether or not the engine manufacturer is still in business or not is not a concern.  I already went down that road when I did my investigations and asked the same questions.  After speaking with a law firm and the attorney, GM is still culpable regardless of the product liabilities (absolved) of the engine manufacturer(s).  That will all come out as well.  I went round and round with GM when I first had the issue.  I own a Traverse, and like every vehicle I have ever owned, I take meticulous care of it, front to back, top to bottom.  It is not a normal situation for timing chains to stretch out due to dirty oil.  Before all the quick change oil stores open, most people had no clue when to change their oil and we were not replacing timing chains as is the situation with these vehicles. 

If you have no problem, consider yourself lucky.  The rest of us have the problems and there is no guarantee that it will not happen again.  I even asked the question when my own chains were replaced, and the service center manager only said, "it shouldn't".  From what I have read on all the forums with these engines, the problem is ongoing and keeps occurring.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories