Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
September 21, 2014, 02:03:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! More info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acadia SL vs SLE or SLT  (Read 18101 times, 17 Replies)
droptopron

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:35:39 PM »

I noticed in the advertisining for the cheapie lease that the model is referred to as just an SL.  Is this a de-contented version of the SLE to bring the price down ? 
dsayed

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 02:40:12 PM »

Yes. SLE adds:
•  Bluetooth for Phone1•  Remote vehicle start•  Power rear liftgate•  Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist•  Leather-wrapped steering wheel
with audio controls•  Halogen fog lamps•  Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror•  Available audio system with rear
seat DVD entertainment•  Body color bodyside molding•  Rearview camera•  8-way driver power seat•  2-way front passenger power seat

See http://www.gmc.com/acadia/acadia/specsStandard.jsp

2010 Acadia SLT-1 Quicksilver Metallic/Ebony
FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

I'M AN ACCOUNT TAKER AND A THREAD BREAKER

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 04:56:55 PM »

The SL has an engine, four wheels and a steering wheel  Grin

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)-Build date 12/13/2013  Mine 3/15/2014
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
Jay T
ShadowRider

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »

am/fm radio and 8track player?

2010 AWD Acadia = Carbon black out / Ebony leather in, dual sunroofs and all the toys...
CarbonBlackMetallic#12
2008 VW Jetta 2.5L = Intake, wheels, tints, 7inch indash touch screen.
1995 American Classic Bagged, Lowered & Chromed Out!

Moderator @  shadowriders.net  forum
mjmhere
Acadia Guru

Sleek !

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 05:19:08 PM »

date=1294092512]
am/fm radio and 8track player?
[/quote]

Seriously, the SL also comes standard with OnStar which will provide a years free Directions & Connections package.  The SL has mirrors, but you probably have to buy a spare tire,...seriously Grin

2011 Acadia Denali, Summit White with Ebony leather interior, Nav, chrome mods, Denali-specific running boards

" My memory fails me quite often.  Also, my memory fails me quite often Huh? Huh?"
FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

I'M AN ACCOUNT TAKER AND A THREAD BREAKER

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 05:31:27 PM »

Just for clarification; the SLE was the base model until 10 when the SL was introduced. 

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)-Build date 12/13/2013  Mine 3/15/2014
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
droptopron

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 12:23:15 PM »

IMO GM shouldn't sell these cars w/out the back up sensors.  They are too big & the vision out of the back isn't good enough.  For the cost it adds to the vehjicle they should make it standard on all models.
khansen30

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 12:55:01 PM »

IMO GM shouldn't sell these cars w/out the back up sensors.  They are too big & the vision out of the back isn't good enough.  For the cost it adds to the vehjicle they should make it standard on all models.

I agree and love mine, but with the advances of technology we have become lazy drivers.  What did we do before them and back up cameras?  We paid attention to our surroundings, before and after we got in our trucks.  The sensors don't get everything.

That's my soap box.  Sorry to hijack.

Signature:
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab (Mine)       2011 Chevy Camaro (Wifes)
Black - Cashmere  Leather                       Yellow - Black Interior
Everything
Proud Former Owner of a 2007 Outlook and 2009 Acadia
mishter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 01:12:01 PM »

I agree and love mine, but with the advances of technology we have become lazy drivers.  What did we do before them and back up cameras?  We paid attention to our surroundings, before and after we got in our trucks.  The sensors don't get everything.

That's my soap box.  Sorry to hijack.

My new Acadia SLE is the first vehicle that I've had with the backup sensors.  It's funny how quickly you get used to them and wishing that your other vehicles had them! Grin

2011 SLE, AWD, Quicksilver Metallic
Mr. Mackey

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 01:39:55 PM »

I got the back up sensors and camera.  I use them, but don't depend solely on them.  Still looking back over the right shoulder.  Old habits hard to break.  As for visibility, going from a Chrysler Pacifica to an Acadia was the difference between night and day.  I'm still floored by the reduced blind spots and increase visibility through the rear window.  My biggest gripe is the headliner mounted drop down screen for the rear entertainment.  That blocks the majority of the rear window when looking through the rear view mirror.  If I had to do it over again, I would've opted for the head rest monitors.  BTW, on-star is free for only 6 months on the 2011's.  Satellite radio for 3 months.  I love the satellite radio, but will the the subscription lapse.  They usually slash the price considerably to get you back.  On star - I still have 3 months left.  Not sure what that costs per year.  Used it a couple times to download directions.  But have been stockpiling all my destinations into the nav so am pretty sure I can live without. 

Also, anyone considering a fully loaded SLTII should take a serious look at the Denali.  I was moments from inking a deal on the SLTII.  Disappointed that they dropped the 20" chrome wheels from 2010.  Dealer told me the Denali would run $5000 more.  Him'd and haw'd about it.  SLTII that I wanted sold in the mean time.  Couldn't find another equipped to my liking.  Went back several months later to order an SLTII the way I wanted it.  Priced out a Denali at the same time and to my surprise, the Denali was only $1500 more.  Got my 20's.  Additional sound insulation.  Some wood accents.  A little more bling.  Well worth it to me....nkay.     

2011 Denali, Quicksilver, everything on it.
mjmhere
Acadia Guru

Sleek !

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 04:17:06 PM »

Went back several months later to order an SLTII the way I wanted it.  Priced out a Denali at the same time and to my surprise, the Denali was only $1500 more.  Got my 20's.  Additional sound insulation.  Some wood accents.  A little more bling.  Well worth it to me....nkay.     

Welcome to the Denali club.  Please fill out the signature section of your profile so that we all might enjoy your color choice,...or not Grin

2011 Acadia Denali, Summit White with Ebony leather interior, Nav, chrome mods, Denali-specific running boards

" My memory fails me quite often.  Also, my memory fails me quite often Huh? Huh?"
maybeacadia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 05:32:54 PM »

Just for clarification; the SLE was the base model until 10 when the SL was introduced. 

Just FYI, in Canada they don't offer an SL.  It's an SLE-1 instead.  So we have SLE-1, SLE-2, SLT-1, SLT-2, Denali.  Don't know why they would make a change like that between Canada and the US!

2011 SLE-2 FWD Summit White, Ebony Cloth, 7 Passenger Seating, Bose Stereo, Tri-zone Automatic Climate Control, Heated Seats, Trailering Equipment
Jay T
ShadowRider

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 05:36:25 PM »

Just FYI, in Canada they don't offer an SL.  It's an SLE-1 instead.  So we have SLE-1, SLE-2, SLT-1, SLT-2, Denali.  Don't know why they would make a change like that between Canada and the US!

Are they all AWD or do you canadians have a front wheel option?

2010 AWD Acadia = Carbon black out / Ebony leather in, dual sunroofs and all the toys...
CarbonBlackMetallic#12

maybeacadia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 06:59:39 PM »

Are they all AWD or do you canadians have a front wheel option?

We can get FWD or AWD for all models.  Don't know much about the Denali though.  I opted for the FWD.  There are probably 5 days out of every winter where it would be a huge asset in the city, but you can still get by with the FWD.  I do notice a lot of wheel spin on wet roads when accelerating from a light.  Haven't had a chance to drive it in snow yet.

2011 SLE-2 FWD Summit White, Ebony Cloth, 7 Passenger Seating, Bose Stereo, Tri-zone Automatic Climate Control, Heated Seats, Trailering Equipment
mjmhere
Acadia Guru

Sleek !

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 04:27:42 AM »

Priced out a Denali at the same time and to my surprise, the Denali was only $1500 more.  Got my 20's.  Additional sound insulation.  Some wood accents.  A little more bling.  Well worth it to me....nkay.     

What color is your interior?  By the way, I'm guessing that you're a Packer fan so I would like to wish you all the luck and skill necessary to whip Mike Vick's #$% Grin 
Long live the cheeseheads thumbs up

Jay T
ShadowRider

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 07:47:51 AM »

We can get FWD or AWD for all models.  Don't know much about the Denali though.  I opted for the FWD.  There are probably 5 days out of every winter where it would be a huge asset in the city, but you can still get by with the FWD.  I do notice a lot of wheel spin on wet roads when accelerating from a light.  Haven't had a chance to drive it in snow yet.

Plus they are so heavy that youu should have good traction...

I have AWD, I'm usta 4x4 vehicles, so this is a bit different.
Seems like I'm always uncertain as if it will get into awd fast enough if I start to slide or spin.

But Have to say, I drove in the big snow a couple weeks ago, and it was great!

CarbonBlackMetallic#12

Mr. Mackey

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 08:04:45 PM »

What color is your interior?  By the way, I'm guessing that you're a Packer fan so I would like to wish you all the luck and skill necessary to whip Mike Vick's #$% Grin 
Long live the cheeseheads thumbs up

Nice compliment coming from the conference favorite.  Hopefully McCarthy learned something from the Vikings defensive performance over Philly.  You gotta hand it to Vick, he is talented.  Ya know, those guys in the joint all they do is chin ups and push ups.  At least they do in the Charles Bronson movies.

Hopefully the Pack has another shot at the Falcons...Nkay.

Mr. Mackey

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 08:06:36 PM »

Oh yeah.  Quicksilver on the exterior, Titanium on the interior.  Really nice contrast.

Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories