Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
December 21, 2014, 11:51:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadia Sales Numbers:    Sept: 5,287      YTD Total: 62,013      All Time: 323,333  (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assist Steps for Denali ?  (Read 5613 times, 7 Replies)
mekatoka

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2010, 11:30:16 AM »

I am going to be signing papers today and picking up a Denali with WDT color. I want to get assist steps as it would be easier for folks to get into the vehicle. But I do not see this option on the website, I asked the dealer and they too can't find this option.

Has anyone been able to get these installed? The dealer says that the Denali is brand new and the GM might have these out in a few weeks.

2011 Acadia Denali, White Diamond Tricoat, FWD
2009 Honda CBR 600RR
2008 Nissan 350Z Nismo - RIP
2003 Nissan Altima
mekatoka

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 01:32:18 PM »

The dealer got back to me, they are installing the Chrome assist steps
470 cost + 100 labor

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
2003 Nissan Altima
Ted K

Ironhide Lives On!!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 07:05:56 PM »

The dealer got back to me, they are installing the Chrome assist steps
470 cost + 100 labor

Many have inquired about this.  NO one has seen this yet as I'm aware.  Kindly post pics SOON!!!

2014 Acadia Denali - Carbon Black Metallic / Ebony - AWD - 20" Chrome Wheels - 8 seat config - Navigation - Rear Seat Entertainment - Weather Tech Floor Liners - Clear Cover license plate frame - Valentine 1 w/BlendMount & StealthCord - Stubby G Series Antenna
mekatoka

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 12:05:30 PM »

Picked my vehicle yesterday. Originally the dealership was going to install it but once they went underneath the car they saw that they would need to take out the side-sills to install it and they thankfully made the right decision and didn't take them out.

So, I guess the assist steps are not available for Denali. I would think GM would need to make a new one that fits Denali. I guess we have to wait and see

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
2003 Nissan Altima
cegledi

Proud Acadia Owner

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 09:14:48 PM »

I had the same question about adding side steps and the answer they gave me which completely makes sense is that the side sills make it difficult to use side steps and the lower ride height and step in height of the Acadia rarely requires use of them anyway. I have them on my MDX and all they do is get in the way, dirty up my pants, require extra cleaning. They do make it easier to clean the top of the vehicle and look sharp when driving though.

2011 White AWD Acadia Denali - Loaded!
2008 Nissan Altima 2.5SL; Majestic Blue
undy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 06:40:13 AM »

Anything new on any OEM running boards that really fit?? The other half is somewhat vertically challenged so she has a bit of difficulty getting in and out.  I'm a bit concerned about some long-term damage to the bottom fascia from inadvertent ingress/egress shoe contact. The aftermarket stuff sorta looks like "aftermarket stuff".  thumbdown

2011 Acadia Denali, AWD, white diamond tri-coat, nav & cargo pkg.
07 Atomic Orange Z06
66 LSC S/C 427 AC Cobra
2003 Z4, 3.0
07 2500HD work truck
mjmhere
Acadia Guru

Sleek !

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 02:50:45 AM »

Anything new on any OEM running boards that really fit?? The other half is somewhat vertically challenged so she has a bit of difficulty getting in and out.  I'm a bit concerned about some long-term damage to the bottom fascia from inadvertent ingress/egress shoe contact. The aftermarket stuff sorta looks like "aftermarket stuff".  thumbdown

I was going to put on Aries 4" oval bars and was working with the outfit that did "dealer installations" for three local GMC dealerships.  As with everybody else, the GM assist steps couldn't be mounted without cutting a slot in the side sill.  I was prepared to allow that even though the step would be higher than a correctly mounted bar.  An Aries rep came in the shop while my parts were laid out on the floor ready to install.  He claimed that they had a fix for the Denali but it would take two weeks to get them from California.  That would have meant that they would arrive at Thanksgiving.  I'm still waiting for non-existant parts to get here Bang Head

2011 Acadia Denali, Summit White with Ebony leather interior, Nav, chrome mods, Denali-specific running boards

" My memory fails me quite often.  Also, my memory fails me quite often Huh? Huh?"
cdpitt

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 11:40:20 AM »

My dealer still can't figure this out,and it was a we owe item on the contract. Not sure how this is going to work out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories