Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
March 30, 2017, 10:40:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! More info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Red Jewel Tintcoat show dirt fast like black?  (Read 6144 times, 10 Replies)
higherliving

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2010, 01:58:53 PM »

We are trying to decide on exterior and interior color options.

We didn't feel like another white or silver car as we have had those.
So we were leaning towards the black but it does get dirty quickly and shows it.
So we were starting to look at the red jewel tintcoat.

Anyone own an acadia in the red and can let me know if it shows the dirt as quickly as the black or is it better?

Our car would be parked outside so that's a consideration.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!

2011 Acadia SLT2 AWD, Red-Jewel Tintcoat, Light Titanium Perforated Leather, 2nd row captain's seats, Navigation, Rear DVD Entertainment System, Trailering Package.
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia NIRVANA

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »

That's an interesting question!  I would think that any dark color - red, blue or black - would show dirt about the same.  It's all dependent on the dust and rain around your part of the world, I would think.

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 03:02:59 PM »

We are trying to decide on exterior and interior color options.

We didn't feel like another white or silver car as we have had those.
So we were leaning towards the black but it does get dirty quickly and shows it.
So we were starting to look at the red jewel tintcoat.

Anyone own an acadia in the red and can let me know if it shows the dirt as quickly as the black or is it better?

Our car would be parked outside so that's a consideration.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Dark colors not only show dirt but also scratches which frequently have to be buffed out.  Almost never with white and silver.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
Cuvguy

Talk to your kids, they may be listening.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 03:13:15 PM »

I like my Red Jewel.  It doesn't show the dirt any worse than my wife's dark gray Passat.  I get alot of compliments on it, especially when it's been washed and looking like a new diamond.  thumbs up  Try checking out cars in parking lots to see which ones hide the dirt better.

2010 SLE, Red Jewel, Titanium, FWD.
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 04:20:14 PM »

I like my Red Jewel.  It doesn't show the dirt any worse than my wife's dark gray Passat.  I get alot of compliments on it, especially when it's been washed and looking like a new diamond.  thumbs up  Try checking out cars in parking lots to see which ones hide the dirt better.
The plus side of the darker colors - they sparkle when clean unlike lighter colors can.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
higherliving

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 04:59:10 PM »

Thanks for everyone's input. I think i will check out a parking lot and pay attention to which one's show dirt more. I do like the looks of the red jewel when its clean.

2011 Acadia SLT2 AWD, Red-Jewel Tintcoat, Light Titanium Perforated Leather, 2nd row captain's seats, Navigation, Rear DVD Entertainment System, Trailering Package.
teetertotter
Acadia Freak

Family, NRA Off Hand Rifle Target Shooting, Golf

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 08:22:47 PM »

My other black car shows dirt after going through a rain, but I don't go bonkers over it. You should see it in the winter time.  As someone said, it counts when you clean it off.  For showing plain dust, visible up close, but then use the California Duster.

14' New Purchase, FWD, Nav, Ziebart Rust Protected, 36K miles, Silver Club #7, SLT-1 Club #37 
Previous: 07 Acadia, 12 Terrain
Volunteer: YWCA County Women's Domestic Violence Shelter w Children, & The Boys and Girls Club.  [USAF Veteran]
55GMCX2

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 02:29:55 AM »

I live in Germany where it rains a lot and my Red Jewel Acadia looks good in rain or shine.  Right now it's covered in road grime, but it still looks good.  I was considering the black or medium brown, but I'm glad I went with the red.  I get compliments all the time on the color.  The Red Jewel Tintcoat paint is a real head-turner in the sunshine.

2010 GMC Acadia SLE AWD
2004 GMC Canyon Pickup
1972 GMC 1500 Pickup (no longer own)
1955 GMC 1/2 ton Pickup
1955 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup
wings13

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 11:00:31 AM »

I don't think the red jewel was bad at all in showing dirt, even in the winter snow around here it didn't show all the spots and water marks as much as dark colors do. I miss that color, the gold I have now is not nearly as attractive in my opinion.

LAURIE

2010 Gold Mist FWD SLT-1 with cashmere, sunroof, trailer package (bought)
2007 Red Jewel FWD SLT-1 with ebony, sunroof, trailer package, DVD (leased)
rt-man

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 08:41:34 PM »

It was the red jewel color that grabbed me...along with the cashmere leather interior  thumbs up

2002 Volvo S60 AWD
1972 Plymouth Satellite
maybe a 2008 GMC Acadia
EKinMN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 08:43:11 AM »

The very first one we drove was a Red Jewel.  Loved the color!  Here in MN, the problem is not the dirt so much as the road salt in the winter time.  Therefore, the lighter colors are better here.  Our Gold Mist is pretty good in winter and overall.  My wife likes her Gold mist with black leather interior.  She graduated from Purdue, and she got her Acadia in her school colors!

2017 Acadia Denali, Crimson Red, Jet Black interior, Weathertech cargo liner and mats.
2010 GMC Sierra SLT 4X4, in Summit White with All-Terrain package, ebony leather, 2.5" level lift, and all the fixin's
2005 Sea Ray 185 (the floating convertible
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories