Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
August 29, 2014, 10:11:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Traded my '08 SLT-1 for an '11 Denali  (Read 4611 times, 24 Replies)
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 11:37:32 AM »

Much cleaner look than some of the prior mods I saw.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
GMC Customer Service
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 11:44:26 AM »

Picked up the Acadia tonight with mixed results.

#1) The black trim rings look good, as expected. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

#2) Customer states the driver seat moves when braking.
Diagnosis: Verified concern and found Document #2757018 to install anti squeak shim. Installed shim kit per document.
Result: The seat moves more now. Just about every stop, and every start now I can feel it move.  I'm going to have to bring it back for this.

#3) Customer states there is a squeak in the steering wheel when turning.
Diagnosis:Diagnosed and verified concern. Found Document 2807958 to replaced power steering gear housing for noise. Replaced steering gear housing, hose and bolts and rechecked.
Result: This one seems fixed.  It is not making the noise when I turn the wheel anymore. I will double check tomorrow to make sure there aren't any leaks or anything.

#4) Customer states that trans is shifting hard, downshifts hard. Please check.
Diagnosis: Test drove vehicle - checked for updates - no updates now
Result: I didn't expect them to find anything here, but that is NOT how I described the problem. The problem is it holds gears too long and downshifts too early/much.

So I will have to take it back for the driver's seat problem. I had read posts here about this, and seen the shim fix, but mine is now worse. On the plus side, now that the trim rings have been replaced I can get to work on relocating the USB port into the center console.

Thank you for sharing.  I can understand how disheartening it must have been to feel your seat move more than when you took the Acadia into them.  Please, let me know how your next visit goes with them.  After getting that information, I will be able to know what steps we will need to take next to get you to enjoying your Denali again.

Michelle, GMC Customer Service
Mystic6

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 07:32:35 PM »

Thank you for sharing.  I can understand how disheartening it must have been to feel your seat move more than when you took the Acadia into them.  Please, let me know how your next visit goes with them.  After getting that information, I will be able to know what steps we will need to take next to get you to enjoying your Denali again.

Thanks Michelle.  I have an appointment for this Friday.  I will let you know if they are successful.

2011 Carbon Black Metallic FWD Denali Ebony Leather NAV Towing 7 Passenger  3/12 -

Formerly: 2008 Carbon Black Metallic FWD SLT-1  5/10 - 3/12
Mystic6

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2012, 06:11:46 PM »

Todays work ticket:

Customer states drivers seat moves on accel and when coming to a stop. Pivots on the right side.
Diagnosis: Found driver seat track faulty and moving. Replaced driver seat track assembly.
Result: So far, so good. On my short drive home I did not feel the movement at all.

Strange that they just did the shim kit last week and didn't find the seat track faulty. Or maybe the just reported as faulty so they could replace it with the new one?  Either way, time and miles will tell.

They do treat me well.  Today's n/c rental was a 2012 WDT Acadia w/1100 miles on it.

2011 Carbon Black Metallic FWD Denali Ebony Leather NAV Towing 7 Passenger  3/12 -

Formerly: 2008 Carbon Black Metallic FWD SLT-1  5/10 - 3/12
GMC Customer Service
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2012, 11:13:40 AM »

Todays work ticket:

Customer states drivers seat moves on accel and when coming to a stop. Pivots on the right side.
Diagnosis: Found driver seat track faulty and moving. Replaced driver seat track assembly.
Result: So far, so good. On my short drive home I did not feel the movement at all.

Strange that they just did the shim kit last week and didn't find the seat track faulty. Or maybe the just reported as faulty so they could replace it with the new one?  Either way, time and miles will tell.

They do treat me well.  Today's n/c rental was a 2012 WDT Acadia w/1100 miles on it.

I am glad that they were to get this resolved for you.  I too, hope this remains fixed. 

I hope you have a great holiday weekend.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories