Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
July 24, 2014, 10:37:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadia Sales Numbers:    Sept: 5,287      YTD Total: 62,013      All Time: 323,333  (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to replace your Low Beam Headlamp Lights?  (Read 40955 times, 5 Replies)
TopGun-Dan

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2010, 01:27:13 AM »

How do I remove the headlight bezel on a GMC Acadia if you just want to replace the low beam bulb?

I found this website that explains in detail from a certified GMC Dealer technician, but its a vigorous path.  What I like about the instructions is that it has detailed graphic PDF views on every step needed.  I have attached also a MS Word Document if you want to print the full details with images.

You can also cut and past the link for the original website:  "http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1ns2k-how-do-i-remove-the-headlight-bezel-on-a-2008-gmc-acadia#ixzz0lQN8cbmv

(Please do not include the "Quotes" when you cut and paste to your web browser)

Good luck and Enjoy...

FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

SEARCH BEFORE YOU ASK

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 02:23:09 PM »

Nice instructions with good pics; looks like you end up taking off the entire front of the Acadia to do this..............IMO I think wheel removal and wheel well liner removal and quicker

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
TopGun-Dan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 03:04:27 PM »

I yet to replace to Xenon HID, just looking for info on the easiest way to accomplish that task.

There was another posting on this forum that explained an easier way... See link:   http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5458.msg69633#msg69633

I will also look into this method as well then make an informed decision. 

Thanks,
FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

SEARCH BEFORE YOU ASK

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 03:06:59 PM »

I yet to replace to Xenon HID, just looking for info on the easiest way to accomplish that task.

There was another posting on this forum that explained an easier way... See link:   http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5458.msg69633#msg69633

I will also look into this method as well then make an informed decision. 

Thanks,

ccaats just did this mod as explained from the above link; he seems to think wheel/fender well removal to be the easiest.  If you go a different route; let us know  thumbs up

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
bella2009111

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 09:41:08 PM »

I haven't done that by myself. but now maybe i can have a try to let my boyfriend has a great effect upon me!!!
sandman

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 01:47:20 AM »

How do I remove the headlight bezel on a GMC Acadia if you just want to replace the low beam bulb?

I found this website that explains in detail from a certified GMC Dealer technician, but its a vigorous path.  What I like about the instructions is that it has detailed graphic PDF views on every step needed.  I have attached also a MS Word Document if you want to print the full details with images.

You can also cut and past the link for the original website:  "http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1ns2k-how-do-i-remove-the-headlight-bezel-on-a-2008-gmc-acadia#ixzz0lQN8cbmv"  

It looks like that's for removing the whole freking headlight assembly.  The bulb removal is a lot simpler by following the links mentioned above.

AWD SLT-2: Sunroof, Runningboards, rear seat DVD, crossrails, flowmaster and magnaflow mufflers. Bought in January 07.
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories