Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
August 22, 2014, 11:41:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! More info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My 09 is having starting problems  (Read 14462 times, 27 Replies)
ttczstaples

Ignore
« on: February 05, 2010, 06:37:34 PM »

Hello All,

I have an 09 jewel red that was bought back in Sept. 09. on 4 different occassions the car would not start on the first try.
There is no security lights flashing on the dash and everything turns on electrical, except the car won't start. It just happened today for my wife and after 10 mins. of trying it started. She drove it to the dealer and they ran a diagnostic and couldn't find anything wrong with the car. The dealer's mechanic is taking it home tonight to try and see if the car will not start for him (and I hope it does not start for him). They said, that with out knowing what's wrong with the car, they wouldn't know what to fix. Please advise if anyone has any new info with this issue.

TTCZ

2009 Acadia SLT-1 Jewel Red with ebony leather, dual skyscape sunroof, 7 passenger, tow package, step sides, cross roof rails
2006 BMW 525i
2003 Infiniti G35
rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 06:41:04 PM »

I wonder if the Ignition switch is getting faulty...

Trailblazers and Envoys-- when something funny happened-- that wasnt 'normal'...
it was usually the ignition switch...

stuff like unable to shut off---
unable to start
and bunch of other electrical gremlins.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    23,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-   80,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

I'M AN ACCOUNT TAKER AND A THREAD BREAKER

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 07:56:48 PM »

Hello All,

I have an 09 jewel red that was bought back in Sept. 09. on 4 different occassions the car would not start on the first try.
There is now security flashing on the dash and everything turns on electrical, except the car won't start. It just happened today for my wife and after 10 mins. of trying it started. She drove it to the dealer and they ran a diagnostic and couldn't find anything wrong with the car. The dealer's mechanic is taking it home tonight to try and see if the car will not start for him (and I hope it does not start for him). They said, that with out knowing what's wrong with the car, they wouldn't know what to fix. Please advise if anyone has any new info with this issue.

TTCZ

Did the security message flash on the previous no starts?  The 10 mins makes me think something is wrong with security.  How are you locking/arming the vehicle; meaning are you using the fob, inside door lock switch? 

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)-Build date 12/13/2013  Mine 3/15/2014
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
ttczstaples

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 08:20:16 PM »

No the security light didn't flash the other times as well. (sorry about the typo). We usually lock/unlock the doors with the key fob on entering and exiting the car. we use the door lock inside the car only when we are already inside it. I have also reprogrammed the keys to the instruction in the owner's manual.

2009 Acadia SLT-1 Jewel Red with ebony leather, dual skyscape sunroof, 7 passenger, tow package, step sides, cross roof rails
2006 BMW 525i
2003 Infiniti G35
FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

I'M AN ACCOUNT TAKER AND A THREAD BREAKER

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 08:32:35 PM »

tt,

Could you post your model year and trim level for your Acadia and do you have the DIC (Driver's Information Center)?  I see you stated that you use the inside door switch to lock the doors; if you have a DIC you can set the door lock settings there.

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)-Build date 12/13/2013  Mine 3/15/2014
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 08:40:38 PM »

I hope it fails for the tech, too.  They work harder to solve an intermittent problem if it happens to them!  Even if they only get it to fail once, they will know it's not an apparition.   confused  The way you describe it this sounds almost like an intermittent failure of the starter relay.  Keep us posted on the outcome.

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
ttczstaples

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 08:58:04 PM »

I have a 2009 SLT-1 Fwd and it does have a DIC and the door locks are currently set to lock after the last door closed. But sometimes I have to be quicker especially with my 6 year old.

I too hope the problem will occur for the mechanic. This is the 3rd time back at the dealer. We love the Acadia and would like it to just run smoothly.

Will post the outcome of this issue.  Thanks

2006 BMW 525i
2003 Infiniti G35
ttczstaples

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 04:26:13 PM »

Well the out come of the mechanic's test drive is nothing bad happen. It ran perfect. He took it 22 miles in one day and stopped at different locations and let it rest for various amount of time and it started up every time.  They suggested that I carry both sets of keys and if it happens again to try the 2nd key. If the 2nd key starts it up right away then they would order me a new key for the first one and reprogram it. Besides that they have no idea what it could be.
The service dept. did say that if it happens' again and i am within the city to give them a call and they will drive out to my location to see why the car won't start. Hopefully this is true and they do see first hand the issue.
I will update this posting if it happens again and we have a better resolution. Besides that safe driving everyone.

2006 BMW 525i
2003 Infiniti G35
rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 04:47:08 PM »

how about video camera?

record when the gremlin pops up

ttczstaples

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 05:30:03 PM »

I will try to have my video camera handy just in case it does happen again. My wife took pictures of the dash board last time and that helps a little the service person said. Thanks

2006 BMW 525i
2003 Infiniti G35
bigdog08SLT-2

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 08:34:26 AM »

Hey ttcz,

I know this post is a little old but I'm having a similar problem on an '08 and thought I'd respond. I've had no start/hard start happen to me twice over the last 6 month period. Always happens after it has been started and run at idle for a very short time the night before( less than a minute on then turned off without driving afterward then left overnight). The next morning it wont start. After trying several times and then holding gas pedal to the floor black exhaust rolls out and it runs rough for 10 or 20 seconds and then all was fine until months later when the exact on/off and leave overnight sequence was repeated. I'm starting to think the fuel injectors are being told to stay on too long or maybe just leaking a little too much fuel after turn off in this particular starting sequence. I'm guessing the car is just flooded the next morning because its been soaking in to much unburned fuel over night. Repeated cranking for 15 to 30 seconds at a time with the accelerator floored always solves the problem. Quick on/off is never a problem if driven directly after like a quick turn off and back on then drive after filling up at a gas station. Just a problem if turned on and then off then left over night. Like yours the service engine soon light ever gets set and no other indications of a problem. The car must think everything is fine if the fuel injector drip happens after turn off and gets burned off rather quickly at start up before any of the O2 sensors come up to temperature or other sensors that might catch a running rich condition get a chance to flag anything wrong. We'll see Taking car in for service tomorrow.

Shari
(2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2, FWD, White Diamond Tricoat / Titanium Leather, Heated Seats, 7Pass Seating w/o mid-row console, Dual Sunroofs, Heated Washer, 19" Wheels, Remote Start, XM, Rear Parking Assist, Pwr liftgate, NAV, DVD Entertainment, Tow Pkg, May 8th Trans Update, Mobil 1,
domtesta

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 07:59:21 PM »

The same exact thing happened to my '08.  Moved car back into garage for a minute, wouldn't start the next morning.  Onstar didn't show any codes and offered a tow but I  had to go somewhere just then.

I tried again later in the day after charging the battery, it started after a lot of cranking.  (I wasn't looking for smoke.)  I brought it to the dealer a few days later for some previously scheduled maintance.  They couldn 't find anything (there wasn't a problem then, of course).  I would have thought a code would be stored.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

2008 SLT-2 AWD Red Jewel/Titianium, 7 passenger seating, Navigation, sunroof, HUD, HID, DVD, rear audio controls, engine block heater, trailering, 18" wheels
Smooth
Very blessed, and Very Thankful!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 09:52:48 PM »

My 09 SLT has done this twice - although it turned-over normally - yet w/o starting.  What surprised me each time was that 99.99% of my starts consist of a single (brief) turn & release of the key.  The engine continues to turn over & start after the key has been relased.  On the two occasions where the engine did not start, the starter also stopped as soon as I released the key from the brief turn.  Once I held the key during the starting (as I always do with my 22 yr old S-10 Blazer) it started & ran normally.

Smooth
<><

'09 SLT-2, Nav, HID, Bench, Tow Pkg, Tech Pkg., Wht. Diamond Tri., Lt. Titanium, 18" Whls. (chromed) built 9/15/08, deliv. 9/25/08, obtained 10/20/08.  1987 S-10 Blazer 2X4.  IXOYE
09Enclave
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 10:02:52 PM »

My 09 SLT has done this twice - although it turned-over normally - yet w/o starting.  What surprised me each time was that 99.99% of my starts consist of a single (brief) turn & release of the keyThe engine continues to turn over & start after the key has been relased.  On the two occasions where the engine did not start, the starter also stopped as soon as I released the key from the brief turn.  Once I held the key during the starting (as I always do with my 22 yr old S-10 Blazer) it started & ran normally.

Smooth
<><
Nice feature, but I have yet to break my habbit of holding the  key while cranking the engine, like I've done for years on every other vehicle, but my wife uses the turn then release feature all the time.  So, ours works...but I've never experienced this issue, even if I've had the car in the driveway, then pulled it in the garage later which is a brief running cycle.   I'm thinking your problem, smooth, is ignition, computer, key code related.

2009 Enclave CX FWD, silver green with ebony cloth, driver's confidence pkg, tow pkg, 8-passenger seating.
aljohu

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 02:50:29 PM »

I am having th same issue with 2010 Acadia SLE AWD. Turn the key it rolls longer than usual and when it fires up it so so rough as if it is flooded with fuel. Sometimes it just rolls and does not fire up. On a couple of occasions it has fired up normally and everything is on, but if you press the accelerator nothing happens, the RPM's stay at idle speed and the engine doesnt rev. Turn it off and on again and it is fine. I have addressed this issue at the dealer on several occasions and theey cant seem to find out what is wrong. No engine/warning lights on at all. I have even called onstar to do a diagnostic report when it has been happening and they say " all systems normal" This is so frustrating for us. My next step is to leave it at the dealer and let them use it in hopes the smae thing will happen. Anyone else with similar issues.

2010 GMC Acadia SLE2 AWD Med. Brown Metallic,7 Passenger with rear console, Bose DVD Surrond system. 5 piece Cloud Rider Stainless grill insert, Bug Sheild, window Visors.
GMC Customer Service
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 03:49:53 PM »

I am having th same issue with 2010 Acadia SLE AWD. Turn the key it rolls longer than usual and when it fires up it so so rough as if it is flooded with fuel. Sometimes it just rolls and does not fire up. On a couple of occasions it has fired up normally and everything is on, but if you press the accelerator nothing happens, the RPM's stay at idle speed and the engine doesnt rev. Turn it off and on again and it is fine. I have addressed this issue at the dealer on several occasions and theey cant seem to find out what is wrong. No engine/warning lights on at all. I have even called onstar to do a diagnostic report when it has been happening and they say " all systems normal" This is so frustrating for us. My next step is to leave it at the dealer and let them use it in hopes the smae thing will happen. Anyone else with similar issues.
I can understand your concern and frustration with this.  When was the last time you had your Acadia into the dealership for this?

Michelle, GMC Customer Service
rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »

You can probably take a peek at this... see if you see whats in the pics...

Inoperative Fuel Gauge and Hard Start/No Start Condition

Some 2008-2012 Enclave, 2009-2012 Traverse, 2007-2012 Acadia and 2007-2010 Outlook models may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:

Engine is hard to start
Engine will not start
Engine starts, then stalls
Fuel gauge is inoperative or fluctuates
Service Engine Soon/Check Engine light is illuminated

These conditions, which may be intermittent and have various DTCs set, may be due to the fuel tank harness to body harness retainer slipping on the tubing, putting pressure on the harness and causing connector X305 to become partially separated or not fully seated. (Fig. 13)

Fig 13

Inspect connector X305 to make sure that it is fully seated. If the connector is not fully seated, inspect the terminals at connector X305 for corrosion. If the terminals show signs of corrosion, replace the corroded terminals.

Remove the wire harness retaining clip from the steel lines (Fig. 14, Position 1) and reposition it in front of the steel line support to prevent it from sliding. (Fig. 14. Position 2)

aljohu

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 01:40:14 AM »

This X305 connector is under the vehicle and is that the brake lines that it is connected to?? Can you give me a more precise location. Thanks Al

2010 GMC Acadia SLE2 AWD Med. Brown Metallic,7 Passenger with rear console, Bose DVD Surrond system. 5 piece Cloud Rider Stainless grill insert, Bug Sheild, window Visors.
aljohu

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 01:57:58 AM »

Hi Michelle, I have had the Acadia to the dealer several times for this issue, with the last visit being just last week. They cannot find out what it is and since the engine light has never come on it is hard to find the problem. Now they are telling me it maybe a fuel problem and to change brands of fuel.  I have already tried this with no change. If this continues with no solution I will be going elsewhere and gettting rid of the vehicle. Almost 2 years with no solution is a bit much. The vehicle fits our family so well but if I cant rely on it I will get one I can. I hope we can fix it cause we really do like it.

Once again here's the issue for anyone who may offer some assistance:

1. The vehicle rolls excessively before starting
2. Occasionally it fires up but is really rough for the first few seconds and occasionally stalls as if flooded with fuel and there is a smell of fuel after start up.
3. Occasionally starts normal but engine does not respond/rev when pressing on accelorator. You can stomp on it and the RPM's stay on idle no engine response.
4. Engine Light has never been on in this vehicle

Any help is greatly appreciated

rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 08:31:37 PM »

This X305 connector is under the vehicle and is that the brake lines that it is connected to?? Can you give me a more precise location. Thanks Al

i just looked at my 2010 Traverse. this connector is practically under the drivers seat area.

Get on your back or knees around the drivers door and look up... its by the black metal bar that runs along the bottom

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories