Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
July 23, 2014, 09:33:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadiaforum Window Decals are now available!  Order Here

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Heat on Remote Start  (Read 10436 times, 44 Replies)
FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

SEARCH BEFORE YOU ASK

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »

Well I'm glad its smart;  thumbs up although I don't have too many issues with cold weather here

2014 Impala LS
khansen30

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 03:47:14 PM »

Well I'm glad its smart;  thumbs up although I don't have too many issues with cold weather here
You probably need to have your settings adjusted.  I hear you guys have goose down coats on when it get's below 75.  thumbs up

Signature:
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab (Mine)       2011 Chevy Camaro (Wifes)
Black - Cashmere  Leather                       Yellow - Black Interior
Everything
Proud Former Owner of a 2007 Outlook and 2009 Acadia
GeoHawk
Thread Killer
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

GeoHawk no function beer well without

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 04:06:46 PM »

See I thought the fan was going even with cold air coming into the cabin; so the system waits to do anything until it reaches the required temp?

On my Acadia, using the remote start the fan will blow even before the vehicle is heated up, thus blowing cold air (I'm guessing it assumes there is no one in the vehicle).  Starting with the key however, the fan will start to blow only after heat is available.  Just to clarify, we leave the HVAC setting in AUTO.

2008 Acadia FWD SLT-2 Liquid Silver/Brick (Built 8/24/07 - Mine 9/7/07) - Waveplate Victim at 66,000 miles
2007 Silverado CC 4x4 LTZ 6.0L (Built 2/19/07 - Mine 2/28/07)
2009 G5 5-spd (Built 11/10/08 - Mine 7/10/12)
2014 Cruze 2LT 6-spd (Built 2/26/14 - Mine 3/22/14)
FORUM GM
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

SEARCH BEFORE YOU ASK

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 07:13:03 PM »

On my Acadia, using the remote start the fan will blow even before the vehicle is heated up, thus blowing cold air (I'm guessing it assumes there is no one in the vehicle).  Starting with the key however, the fan will start to blow only after heat is available.  Just to clarify, we leave the HVAC setting in AUTO.

Interesting; khansen states that the fan won't blow until warm air is available

2014 Impala LS
FORUM GM
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

SEARCH BEFORE YOU ASK

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 07:14:32 PM »

You probably need to have your settings adjusted.  I hear you guys have goose down coats on when it get's below 75.  thumbs up

Nice one, but no it has to be below 70 degrees.  oh btw; I haven't had the warm jacket out this year but we are supposed to get some rain here in the next day or two so who knows

2014 Impala LS
OStateFlyer
Tear gas, blow darts, land mines, the whole enchilada.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 10:04:24 PM »

I'm new to the Acadia, but I just dealt with this issue in a 3.5L '06 Impala over the weekend;  The LZ9 and LZE series of GM V6 motors can get air in the cooling system due to low coolant, which will cause there to be no heat at idle.  Everything else appears normal and normal heat is produced above idle. 

The fix is to remove the heater inflow line and pour fresh coolant into it or otherwise bleed and top off the system.  It fixes it immediately.  While I'm not sure if this issue affects the LYZ or LLT as installed in the Acadia...it may be worth a quick check.

2010 Summit White Acadia SL FWD
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 10:33:21 PM »

That's real good info, OStateFlyer!  I'd bet checking the coolant level could solve a bunch of slow heat/no heat issues folks have talked about. thumbs up

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
erin0525

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 08:19:13 AM »

My 08 Outlook didn't come with the remote factory but it does have the AP8 code so I took it in Tuesday of this week and had them reprogram the computer to make it work, well it does work but when my wife started it this morning when at work she got into it and had the exact same problem as some of you have. She started hers this morning and she said when she got in the heater wasn't working until she put the key in and turn the ingition on? So that tells me that the engine doesn't have to be warm for the blower to work because she had just started it from a couple hundred feet away and walked straight to it and got in and when she found the heater wasn't blowing she fiddled with the heater controls and it wouldn't work so as soon as she turned the key on it started blowing (cold air and all)Huh? Is this system so Smart that it will keep the fan off when in remote start and will not let it run until a desired temp and if so how does this affect the A/C? I am going to try the A/C after while when the engine is cooled down and mess with the button setting and will post my findings. Also I have seen certain kits that comes with a dummy key?? Do I have to have this dummy key and leave it in the ignition everytime we plan on remote starting the car or did the dealer just miss something in the programming?
Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Joe
erinh0525@yahoo.com
Ted K

Ironhide Lives On!!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2010, 12:46:32 PM »

I am noticing that last two weeks, when the temps weren't quite so low, I'd remote start and it would be the Mohave desert inside when I got in.  Now, lucky if it's Chicago in Nov.  Definitely that outside temps have an input.  A car sitting doesn't warm up as quickly as one being driven.  That's why it warms up more quickly once you get in.  I did find I'm having to remote start twice to get it toasty when it's been outside all day in the cold.  BRRRRRR. sunny

2014 Acadia Denali - Carbon Black Metallic / Ebony - AWD - 20" Chrome Wheels - 8 seat config - Navigation - Rear Seat Entertainment - Weather Tech Floor Liners - Clear Cover license plate frame - Valentine 1 w/BlendMount & StealthCord - Stubby G Series Antenna
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2010, 03:10:10 PM »

I am noticing that last two weeks, when the temps weren't quite so low, I'd remote start and it would be the Mohave desert inside when I got in.  Now, lucky if it's Chicago in Nov.  Definitely that outside temps have an input.  A car sitting doesn't warm up as quickly as one being driven.  That's why it warms up more quickly once you get in.  I did find I'm having to remote start twice to get it toasty when it's been outside all day in the cold.  BRRRRRR. sunny
A second remote start definitley needed when its real cold outside.  I think it only runs for five minutes or so for each start.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
Ted K

Ironhide Lives On!!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2010, 03:51:04 PM »

It runs for 15 minutes, then you can remotely start it one more time for 15 minutes before you have to physically get in and start it.

Manual says 10 min each time.  Seems accurate by my watch.

2014 Acadia Denali - Carbon Black Metallic / Ebony - AWD - 20" Chrome Wheels - 8 seat config - Navigation - Rear Seat Entertainment - Weather Tech Floor Liners - Clear Cover license plate frame - Valentine 1 w/BlendMount & StealthCord - Stubby G Series Antenna
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2010, 03:54:43 PM »

It runs for 15 minutes, then you can remotely start it one more time for 15 minutes before you have to physically get in and start it.
No way my 08 runs for 15.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
Insti08
Acadia Guru

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2010, 04:09:04 PM »

Mines ten minutes, then I can restart right before the first ten is over for another 10. I have the advanced remote and it counts down on the remote.

'08,SLT2,AWD,CBMet.,BRK Int.,inst.wood trim,HUD,19's,2-2-3,Adv.start rem.,2xSky,6cdchang.Bose,Trailer pack.,running boards+LEDs(blue),deflectors all around, all weather mats, Contor.Flaps,Garm.Nav.,P.A.L.,Glove bx light,LED Int. Lights CBACM #2,SLT-2 M#1
Ted K

Ironhide Lives On!!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2010, 05:12:51 PM »

Mines ten minutes, then I can restart right before the first ten is over for another 10. I have the advanced remote and it counts down on the remote.

I wish I had the advanced remote.  They did away with it.  No longer an option.  I asked the dealer if I got the remote off of ebay would it work.  He said no.  The electronics in the 2011 was changed to eliminate it.  Too bad.

khansen30

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2010, 07:09:49 AM »

07 was 10 min, 09 is 10 min.

Signature:
Everything
GeorgeC

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2010, 07:25:07 AM »

You all do realize don't you that a vehicle warms up much quicker when it is being driven then when it is just sitting and idling?

George

2013 Denali,  White,  Navigation
Sailfish
Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!
Acadia GOD!

Volunteer with Sheltie rescue organizations

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2010, 07:26:28 AM »

Mine is 10 minutes and as for the remote start it is an option on the Acadia SLT2 for 2011

FWD "Preferred Package Includes remote vehicle start, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, Bluetooth for phone and body-color body side moldings."

AWD "Remote vehicle start

Then for the 2011 Denali also located it

AWD "Remote vehicle start"

Located this information when I just did a "build" for the Acadia and the Denali on the GMC website so not sure why some are still saying they have been told this is not an option.

11 Enclave CXL2 WDT/Titanium FWD 20" Wheels build 11/10 purchase 2/11 - PF-63 & Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Sailfish
Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!
Acadia GOD!

Volunteer with Sheltie rescue organizations

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2010, 07:27:41 AM »

You all do realize don't you that a vehicle warms up much quicker when it is being driven then when it is just sitting and idling?

George

Yes but when it is below freezing I like having the Outlook at least warmer than 32 degrees and of course the seats all nice and toasty.

11 Enclave CXL2 WDT/Titanium FWD 20" Wheels build 11/10 purchase 2/11 - PF-63 & Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
khansen30

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2010, 09:13:29 AM »

George

Yes your right.  But when it is very cold, you should not start the car and just start driving.  You need to let the juices warm a little before taking off.  If you are going to start your car and sit in it for a couple of minutes, why not do it from the comfort of your home?  Plus the seats are a little warmer and not as stiff, of course this is if you have heated seats.  At the same time, the remote start in the summer helps cool down the vehicle instead of getting into a car that is 120 degrees inside.

Agree or disagree George?

Signature:
Everything
MA Acadia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2010, 08:58:56 AM »

Mine is 10 minutes and as for the remote start it is an option on the Acadia SLT2 for 2011

FWD "Preferred Package Includes remote vehicle start, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, Bluetooth for phone and body-color body side moldings."

AWD "Remote vehicle start

Then for the 2011 Denali also located it

AWD "Remote vehicle start"

Located this information when I just did a "build" for the Acadia and the Denali on the GMC website so not sure why some are still saying they have been told this is not an option.

They are talking about the advanced remote with the LCD display on the remote. You can still get the standard remote start that does not have the LCD display on the remote.

2010 Red Jewel Acadia SLT-2 FWD, Cashmere Interior, Sunroof, Cooled Seats.
2010 Corvette Grand Sport
2007 Miata
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories