Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
November 26, 2014, 06:59:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadia Sales Numbers:    Sept: 5,287      YTD Total: 62,013      All Time: 323,333  (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creaking/Clicking Noise when appling Brakes  (Read 2653 times, 9 Replies)
SLT09_ACADIA

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2009, 03:34:15 PM »

issue started today. When I apply my brakes I hear a clicking/creaking noise sounds from the front brakes when I press down all the way down on them...Is this normal are the brakes just breaking in or is there something wrong. I have 4000 kms now on the car. It stops fine but the noise was never there before
okeeday

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 03:40:11 PM »

Icy driving conditions? Could be the ABS braking system kicking in.

2008 Deep Blue Metallic SLT-1 AWD, tow package, power tailgate, park assist. Bought used 2009-FEB-10.
bonk1313
Hey members, Update your signatures with vehicle details. And post some pics of your ACADIA to share.
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Carbon Black 2008 GMC Acadia SLT 2 Ebony 2-2-3

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 04:15:49 PM »

issue started today. When I apply my brakes I hear a clicking/creaking noise sounds from the front brakes when I press down all the way down on them...Is this normal are the brakes just breaking in or is there something wrong. I have 4000 kms now on the car. It stops fine but the noise was never there before

Do you know any other local Acadia owners around you?
You seem to have many many concerns about your Acadia with its noise, appearance, handling and other stuff that you wonder if it is "normal." I suggest that you find someone that also owns an Acadia near you. Ask them to drive your Acadia, and ask to drive theirs. Do they hear the noise or problems with yours? Do you find the same things wrong with theirs?

Not a sermon, just a thought

19's,2xSky,Trailering,GM HR DVD,Husky Liners,Bully Imposter GI51 Grille,Cargo Rails
Built 9/07,5/8 FLASH,XD XTREME 4300K HID KIT,Putco LED Interior Lights,
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 04:22:52 PM »

There was a TSB related to brake fluid causing squeaks in the pedal itself but not sure if the fluid was already revised for 09s.  You certainly do have so many concerns with your Acadia.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 06:09:24 PM »

Are you a bit of a 'lead foot?'  No offense mean't by that but if you press hard on the brakes the ABS will begin to modulate and make for some different feels and noises.  If you hear it while applying the brakes in your garage and press hard on the pedal, you may be hearing the pads contacting the rotor.  I would consider that normal noise but a bit unusual for someone trying to find things wrong.
 Huh? Huh?

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
SLT09_ACADIA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »

Are you a bit of a 'lead foot?'  No offense mean't by that but if you press hard on the brakes the ABS will begin to modulate and make for some different feels and noises.  If you hear it while applying the brakes in your garage and press hard on the pedal, you may be hearing the pads contacting the rotor.  I would consider that normal noise but a bit unusual for someone trying to find things wrong.
 Huh? Huh?

no offense taken Speleos you have always provided great input. thumbs up It only happens when I come to a stop and it only started today so that is why I posted on the board. I can also hear it like you said if I press down hard enough but it's also there when just pressing and coming to a stop if it was the abs wouldn't it also pulsate?, I just thought wierd that this is the first time this noise has presented it self. And you can bet I am not trying to find anything wrong its the last thing I want. thumbs up

but its definately related to the front brakes , I'm thinking maybe the brake actuator
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 07:52:27 PM »

no offense taken Speleos you have always provided great input. thumbs up It only happens when I come to a stop and it only started today so that is why I posted on the board. I can also hear it like you said if I press down hard enough but it's also there when just pressing and coming to a stop if it was the abs wouldn't it also pulsate?, I just thought wierd that this is the first time this noise has presented it self. And you can bet I am not trying to find anything wrong its the last thing I want. thumbs up

but its definately related to the front brakes , I'm thinking maybe the brake actuator

Here's the perfect solution for any and all noises your Acadia may be making - turn the radio volume way up. Grin  Nope - I don't work for GM and never have. Cheers

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
SLT09_ACADIA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 08:14:30 PM »

Here's the perfect solution for any and all noises your Acadia may be making - turn the radio volume way up. Grin  Nope - I don't work for GM and never have. Cheers
I get the message  so sad
Irish

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »

Do you know any other local Acadia owners around you?
You seem to have many many concerns about your Acadia with its noise, appearance, handling and other stuff that you wonder if it is "normal." I suggest that you find someone that also owns an Acadia near you. Ask them to drive your Acadia, and ask to drive theirs. Do they hear the noise or problems with yours? Do you find the same things wrong with theirs?

Not a sermon, just a thought

Well said.

2008 SLT-2 AWD Blue-Gold/Titanium, sunroof, dvd, hud, tow

Member #3 - Blue/Gold Acadia Club
Member #20 - SLT-2 Club
BigTallVandy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 05:28:33 PM »

Well said.

I would've offered to this weekend, but my wife's been taking our Outlook lately.  Can't blame her, I like driving it too!   Cool

From the sounds of previous posts by SLT09_ACADIA, I figure they're out in the East end of Toronto area.  Surely there must be others in your neighbourhood.  I've seen a few around my neighbourhood parked in driveways.  Local transit stations too.  Although it would be a little *weird* to approach someone in the parking lot of a local transit station to ask if you could take their Acadia for a spin.  I'd be a little hesitant about the whole idea.

2009 Outlook XR (FWD) in Carbon Black Metallic, Preferred Equipment Group 1XR, Ebony Cloth 7 Passenger Seating, Two Panel Sunroof, V92 Trailer Package, Cold Weather Package (Remote Start & Heated Washer Fluid System), 2nd Row Console, Bose Premium Audio Package With 10 Speakers
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories