Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
July 24, 2014, 11:38:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: air conditioning problems  (Read 14596 times, 15 Replies)
FRANKSTER1

2007 SLT2 Grey/Blue, DVD, NAV, LEATHER, SUNROOF

Ignore
« on: October 05, 2009, 06:17:37 PM »

I have had my 2007 acadia slt2 in to the dealer twice because the ac is blowing warm air.  First time they recharged it and could find no leaks.  A week later took it back for the same problem and they changed the seals on the Thermal Expansion Valve.  Recharged it again.  That was a week ago and now warm air again.  Anyone have any ideas.  Taking it back again tomorrow.  Car has 29000 miles on it and before September everything was fine.
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 09:34:29 PM »

What temperature do you run on the climate control? Huh?

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
FRANKSTER1

2007 SLT2 Grey/Blue, DVD, NAV, LEATHER, SUNROOF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 08:51:56 AM »

Been running betwee 67 and 72.  Funny thing, because I do not use it much, the rear air conditioner is not putting out any cold air and probably hasn't been.  Wonder if this contributes to the main ac unit.
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 09:21:19 AM »

Been running betwee 67 and 72.  Funny thing, because I do not use it much, the rear air conditioner is not putting out any cold air and probably hasn't been.  Wonder if this contributes to the main ac unit.

What is actual outside temp and what is DIC reading for outside temp?

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 09:31:11 AM »

I guess I deviate from the norm (a bit, LOL) because I just have set it to 72 and left it there.  Everything has worked as it should since I bought the Acadia.  Check to make sure nothing is blocking the inside temp sensor (dirt, dust, cell phone, etc.), set it at one temp and see what happens once you get back from the service dept.  Also check the rear control and set it to rely on the front by pressing AUX on the dash control.  Sometimes my dog resets the fan speed and temp in the back and I get some strange surprises when cold or warm air blows down my back.  I wish she'd quit doing that!!

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 11:31:41 AM »

I guess I deviate from the norm (a bit, LOL) because I just have set it to 72 and left it there.  Everything has worked as it should since I bought the Acadia.  Check to make sure nothing is blocking the inside temp sensor (dirt, dust, cell phone, etc.), set it at one temp and see what happens once you get back from the service dept.  Also check the rear control and set it to rely on the front by pressing AUX on the dash control.  Sometimes my dog resets the fan speed and temp in the back and I get some strange surprises when cold or warm air blows down my back.  I wish she'd quit doing that!!

Perhaps the dog just making it comfortable for him/herself in the back.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
BobS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 08:50:40 AM »

We had the same problem with our 2008 Acadia. On the first visit our dealer said they performed a reflash of the A/C control unit. It didn't help. When it finally always blew warm air in a/c mode then they discovered it was the actuator in the driver side vent. It was sticking. That fixed the problem. Though I will say we have not been the happiest with this Acadia's climate control versus our 2003 Envoy. Undecided
cmaldo133

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 09:11:37 PM »

I've been having similar problems with my A/C sporadically blowing hot air just on the driver's side while the A/C throughout the rest of the vehicle is fine. I have a 2008 SLT-2 and I usually keep the setting at 71 degrees. I'm taking it to the dealer on Monday to be addressed.  Thanks for the posts because now I know to have them look at the actuator on the driver side vent.
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 09:24:04 PM »

I hear lots of issues with the blendors going bad even on vehicles without auto climate control.

shellet

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 11:54:33 AM »

We have been having the same problem. However now it's 40 degrees so it will have to wait until spring.

2007 SLT-2 AWD Summit White/Ebony Leather, Sunroof x 2, dvd, navi, remote start, power lift gate, towing, 19" wheels.
ladybugfreak

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 02:32:43 PM »

Frankster-having the same problem with mine.  In the dealer twice, first time they replaced condensor they said was leaking.  Took it to be rechecked and they state they can find nothing wrong with it?  Taking it back again next week?
rdgagnon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 10:02:26 PM »

I am having a similar problem with the air conditioner blowing warm air from the passenger side vents only.   Does anyone else have this same problem or know if the actuator fix applies in this situation?

2008 White Diamond AWD Acadia
GMC Customer Service
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 03:50:41 PM »

Rdgagnon,
I am going to direct message with you to see about gathering some more information about your situation.
Thank you,
Michelle Phillips-GMC Customer Service
bills09acadia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 01:21:55 PM »

I had the same problem on my 2009 Acadia SLE. I went as far as buying the coolant but reasoned that it really shouldn't be low this early in its life. Add to this that the problem only occurred in the front A/C which would be blowing warm air vs. the frigid cold stuff coming out of the rear. Now this really didn't seem to be a coolant leak kinda thing...I mean, they don't have two entirely different system for the front and rear, do they? So during this last episode I did some tinkering and found that the temp dial was stuck between two indents at the coldest end of its travel. I turned it out of that state and, bam, cold air. Something seems to be sending wrong signals to the air blender. At least I'm hoping this ends the issue.

2009 GMC Acadia SLE, FWD, towing. Summit Wht with black cloth and bench 2nd row seat. Basic as it comes and like it that way.
FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

SEARCH BEFORE YOU ASK

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 01:27:50 PM »

So during this last episode I did some tinkering and found that the temp dial was stuck between two indents at the coldest end of its travel. I turned it out of that state and, bam, cold air. Something seems to be sending wrong signals to the air blender. At least I'm hoping this ends the issue.

I bet that was the answer; I was digging around throught the TSB section and found this verbage concerning rear HVAC turning itself on unexpectedly:

"Since this concern is most likely to occur when the Rear HVAC control knobs are placed "in-between detents", advise the
customer to make sure the rear control knobs are fully in the detents. This should minimize/eliminate the potential of
this occurring."

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
EDonley

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 10:47:07 AM »

We just purchased a 2011 GMC Acadia Denali used from our local BMW Dealership.  Day two of owning our vehicle we decided to go on a road trip.  When trying to use the air conditioner we noticed that the air conditioner works everywhere throughout the vehicle EXCEPT on the front passenger side.  The front passenger side vents blow heat only.  We tried many settings and nothing would turn off the heat.  We finally had to shut those vents and turn off passenger side controls Sad.

Does anyone know what this might be?  The dealership is NO help.  We will not buy from them again, but now stuck and before summer gets here we want to make sure its fixed and ready to go.

Thanks!

Elizabeth
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories