Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
January 22, 2017, 03:15:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumors: Next Gen Acadia Cut  (Read 6753 times, 16 Replies)
spectra1

Ignore
« on: August 29, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »

Take what you will from this. its old news but  Huh?

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/gmi-exclusive-some-gmc-product-programs-bite-dust-66182/
09Enclave
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 09:42:39 PM »

Welcome  That leaves the Traverse, Enclave, and maybe a Cadillac Lambda.  Eventhough you all like the Acadia (and so do I, eventhough I went with the Buick), this makes sense, they will have entry level, mid level, and ultra luxury level...love the idea.  I am sad, though, that we may not get to see what an updated look to the Acadia would be.   so sad

2009 Enclave CX FWD, silver green with ebony cloth, driver's confidence pkg, tow pkg, 8-passenger seating.
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 09:26:16 AM »

Looks like old news though and a lot has changed since Jun-08.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
Blue_2009_SLT2
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Fool me once...

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 01:29:35 PM »

Agree- last post in that thread is almost a year old, although it is a good read- wonder if the guy ever bought the Acadia?

Life lesson: The two best days owning an Acadia are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. Our $42K Acadia lasted less than 6 years and began to fall apart: radio, hatch, water pump, power steering, TPMS, and now the transmission all within a year.
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 04:26:25 PM »

Agree- last post in that thread is almost a year old, although it is a good read- wonder if the guy ever bought the Acadia?

He did if he was wise. thumbs up

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
lamboalex
New Acadia Owner

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 09:05:37 PM »

ALRIGHT! i own a collectors item!!

2007 SLE with 18inch, DVD Bose, Tri-zone climate control and remote start.
purchased 7/2009.
khansen30

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 10:41:25 AM »

The numbers show that the Acadia is still a strong seller.  And by the numbers it should be the Enclave that is cut if GM is going only by sales numbers.  That would give the Traverse as the entry level, Acadia as the strong middle, and the Cadilac as the high end.  Strictly my opinion only.

Signature:
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab (Mine)       2011 Chevy Camaro (Wifes)
Black - Cashmere  Leather                       Yellow - Black Interior
Everything
Proud Former Owner of a 2007 Outlook and 2009 Acadia
Blue_2009_SLT2
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Fool me once...

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 12:02:58 PM »

Good analysis. I'd like to think GM could save money (Huh? do they need to now?) by not introducing the Cadillac version- let the existing Enclave fill this spot. The tooling costs, etc. as well as promoting a new badge/brand have got to be pretty costly, and they stand to alienate existing Enclave owners by doing that. Seems like they would learn from over-saturation of a platform.

Life lesson: The two best days owning an Acadia are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. Our $42K Acadia lasted less than 6 years and began to fall apart: radio, hatch, water pump, power steering, TPMS, and now the transmission all within a year.
09Enclave
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 12:58:02 PM »

There's only one of them that needs to go away, that's the Outlook.  The Acadia is about as identical as you can get, the others have unique style.  The point is that each Lambda has, for the most part, different buyers, with some overlap (me included).  True, I looked at both the Acadia and the Enclave, but most will only go for one of the 3 (or 4) versions.  Generalizing here: The Traverse appeals to mini-van buyers that want cheap transportation for 7 or 8 people, and entry level SUV buyers who don't want Tahoes anymore.  Outlook appeals to import buyers who are trying to do the right thing by buying American, or for those who really still believe Saturn is different than the rest of GM.  Enclave appeals more to car buyers (that's me), and uplevel luxury buyers who've mainly bought imports, cars or crossovers, but now see a GM design they like.   And, Acadia buyers are more traditional SUV buyers, those who want more than entry level, who want rugged looks, and a brand that has stood for that all along.  Again, not everyone will fit into these categories, but still can buy any of them and acheive mostly the same thing.  Another thing, I think the Lambdas would fail if they had the same exact options and packaging.  Similar, yes, but they all have different ways to get the options, and it's not as easy as just picking one of them, it takes time researching which one fits the buyer perfectly.  We wanted cloth, but also wanted some of the other options like power liftgate, auto climate, power seats, DIC, leather wrapped steering wheel, and with the Acadia we needed to go up to leather seats, and SLT for all that, which the price actually was higher.   (on the 2010's, it appears that some of that can be had now on the SLE)  Here's the thing, if Enclave went away, and Acadia stayed, I'd get the Acadia....not that much different.  I don't think I'd get the Traverse, for various reasons, but if they came out with a Cadillac, that would be beyond my price point, so I wouldn't get it.  In fact, the new Enclaves for 2010 have a higher price tag, and it's starting to go beyond what we would want.

2009 Enclave CX FWD, silver green with ebony cloth, driver's confidence pkg, tow pkg, 8-passenger seating.
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 01:27:26 PM »

There's only one of them that needs to go away, that's the Outlook.  The Acadia is about as identical as you can get, the others have unique style.  The point is that each Lambda has, for the most part, different buyers, with some overlap (me included).  True, I looked at both the Acadia and the Enclave, but most will only go for one of the 3 (or 4) versions.  Generalizing here: The Traverse appeals to mini-van buyers that want cheap transportation for 7 or 8 people, and entry level SUV buyers who don't want Tahoes anymore.  Outlook appeals to import buyers who are trying to do the right thing by buying American, or for those who really still believe Saturn is different than the rest of GM.  Enclave appeals more to car buyers (that's me), and uplevel luxury buyers who've mainly bought imports, cars or crossovers, but now see a GM design they like.   And, Acadia buyers are more traditional SUV buyers, those who want more than entry level, who want rugged looks, and a brand that has stood for that all along.  Again, not everyone will fit into these categories, but still can buy any of them and acheive mostly the same thing.  Another thing, I think the Lambdas would fail if they had the same exact options and packaging.  Similar, yes, but they all have different ways to get the options, and it's not as easy as just picking one of them, it takes time researching which one fits the buyer perfectly.  We wanted cloth, but also wanted some of the other options like power liftgate, auto climate, power seats, DIC, leather wrapped steering wheel, and with the Acadia we needed to go up to leather seats, and SLT for all that, which the price actually was higher.   (on the 2010's, it appears that some of that can be had now on the SLE)  Here's the thing, if Enclave went away, and Acadia stayed, I'd get the Acadia....not that much different.  I don't think I'd get the Traverse, for various reasons, but if they came out with a Cadillac, that would be beyond my price point, so I wouldn't get it.  In fact, the new Enclaves for 2010 have a higher price tag, and it's starting to go beyond what we would want.

Sensible assessment.  I'd bet the Acadia survives.

09Enclave
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 01:55:12 PM »

Sensible assessment.  I'd bet the Acadia survives.
True, this is all rumor.  If it does, will everyone here be happy if the next one looks like the new Terrain?  I'm guessing there will be design cues that would tie the next Acadia to it's yonger sibling.

mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »

True, this is all rumor.  If it does, will everyone here be happy if the next one looks like the new Terrain?  I'm guessing there will be design cues that would tie the next Acadia to it's yonger sibling.

Have to have a closer look at that.  Have seen the pictures but none on the road yet.

admin
Administrator
Acadia Freak

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 11:02:52 AM »

Not only is the Acadia surviving, it's getting an upscale Denali package as well. Acadia's here to stay, folks Smiley

2007 Acadia SLT1 (Carbon Metallic/Titanium, DVD, Convenience, Captains Chairs, Cargo Pkg, XM, outlet) photo album
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (Summit White/Beige, RS pkg, Sunroof, 20" Polished Wheels, 426HP of Pure Evil!)
JBRedZ28

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 11:29:25 AM »

Any ideas on what the Denali package will include?

2009 SLT2 FWD White Diamond w/ Ebony, DVD/NAV, Sunroof, Rear DVD, 19 inch Wheels, Cooled Seats, HID, Tech Package, Trailering Package, Dealer Installed 20in Chrome Wheels and Dueler Tires, Sidesteps, Crossrails, & 2-way Remote, 6 year GM warranty   Delivered 12/10/2008
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 11:46:26 AM »

Any ideas on what the Denali package will include?

A bigger MSRP for starters.

admin
Administrator
Acadia Freak

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 06:02:45 PM »

I've been asking around, trying to dig up more info on this, but so far, everyone is keeping tight lipped. I'll be sure to pass on any info I can get.

2007 Acadia SLT1 (Carbon Metallic/Titanium, DVD, Convenience, Captains Chairs, Cargo Pkg, XM, outlet) photo album
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (Summit White/Beige, RS pkg, Sunroof, 20" Polished Wheels, 426HP of Pure Evil!)
phileaglesfan

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 12:04:24 AM »

I heard the Escalade was supposed to move to the Acadia's platform around 2014 which makes since since the SRX is now a lux Equinox.  That means they'll be able to charge $70-90k for something based on the Acadia's platform.

2010 GMC Acadia AWD SLT-2, NAV, Rear DVD, dual sunroof, technology package, heated/cooled seats, advanced remote start, 20 in dual spoke chrome wheels and splash guards
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories