Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
September 19, 2014, 03:51:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! More info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I found the battery!  (Read 98726 times, 107 Replies)
sandman

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2007, 04:56:56 PM »

I finally had the time to tear into my car and look for the battery.  Not that I am planning on replacing it soon, but ya kinda like to save a trip to the dealer if you can do it yourself.
  You will need a 7/64 stardrive.  Slide the front passenger seat all the way foreward. Remove the mat, and this is what you see

The plastic covering to the left can be snapped off, but I was afraid to try.  I was able to slide the cover off.  I think it will be a minor pain to drop the battery in, but certainly possible.  But that plastic cover to the left will definately have to come off.  Notice all the cables, fuses, etc.

This is a close up of battery size, Amps,etc.

AWD SLT-2: Sunroof, Runningboards, rear seat DVD, crossrails, flowmaster and magnaflow mufflers. Bought in January 07.
admin
Administrator
Acadia Freak

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 09:30:04 PM »

I heard this was the location on that video walk-through and located the panel, but hadn't taken the time to open it yet. Thanks for the visual!

2007 Acadia SLT1 (Carbon Metallic/Titanium, DVD, Convenience, Captains Chairs, Cargo Pkg, XM, outlet) photo album
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (Summit White/Beige, RS pkg, Sunroof, 20" Polished Wheels, 426HP of Pure Evil!)
NY_Joe
1st Acadia Forum Mod
Global Moderator

Acadia owner since 3/1/07

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 10:29:56 PM »

Is there a terminal in the engine bay in case you need a jump start?

2007 Red Jewel Acadia SLT-2 DVD, NAV, HID,HUD,Dual Roof, Cargo Control, Trailer pkg, 19's, Bench seat,Roof Rails,Winter Mats,Mud Guards,Cargo Mat, GM/THULE Cargo Box (added 7/14)
2006 VW Passat 4 Motion-Candy White/Black -Prem 1-AWD
njgeneral

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 10:48:39 PM »

Is there a terminal in the engine bay in case you need a jump start?

Yes, this was the same in my late Touareg.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2007 GMC Acadia SLT2 AWD, HID, HUD, DVD, NAVI, DualRoofs,19s, Tailgate Audio, Tow Hitch
2007 VW Passat 2.0 Wagon Sport, NAVI, Adaptive HID, Dynaudio, 18s
[COLOR="Gray"]traded 2004 VW Touareg V8[/COLOR]
2004 VW Passat
mitchl

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 10:55:16 PM »

Yes, there is a remote positive terminal in the engine compartment located near the fuse box (per the owners manual).  I did not see a negative terminal, so if true, you just attach negative to the frame.

2012 Nissan Altima - Purch May 2012
2012 Nissan Frontier - Purch May 2012
2007 GMC Acadia FWD SLT2, Deep Blue, Titanium Leather, 2Row Bench, DVD, HUD. -- Ord Feb 07, Delivered Apr 07, Traded May 12
2008 White Mustang- V6 Pony Package, Tan Leather, 5 Speed.  Purch Jun 08, Traded May 12
gmc

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 11:01:38 PM »

730 CCA....That is a pretty big battery...  I hate to think that I will have to take my acadia to the dealership in order for them to change the battery!
Adam Boca
Super Duper Mod Award!

Carbon Metallic:Brick Interior:SLT1

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 11:29:58 PM »

Thanks for posting this...I have added it to the Tech FAQ thread.

Adam

:Wifes:2007 Acadia:Carbon Met:Brick Interior:SLT1:
:My:2000:Chevrolet:Corvette:Dark Bowling Green Met:Oak Interior:6-speed:
:Wifes:1969:Chevrolet:Corvette:Monza Red:Red Interior:4-speed:
kjf
Early Acadia Adopter
Global Moderator

Bill's still the Cat

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 12:56:52 AM »

Yes, there is a remote positive terminal in the engine compartment located near the fuse box (per the owners manual).  I did not see a negative terminal, so if true, you just attach negative to the frame.

There is a negative terminal under the hood, as well.

I had a hilarous experience the first time I went to test drive an Acadia. The dealership had an Acadia on the sales floor. I asked to see the dash lights and the hatch operate. The salesman found the battery was dead. He brought over a portable power unit, opened the hood and said, "Where's the battery?"  Shocked I had to explain it to him.

Kelly
Jasper

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 03:09:49 PM »

Good grief.  I guess it's a good use of space but who would have thought it would be located there.  I probably would have spent half a saturday ripping the front end apart.  Thanks for the pics.  I'll remember them in about 4 years when I need to do a replacement.
kjf
Early Acadia Adopter
Global Moderator

Bill's still the Cat

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 03:14:20 PM »

According to GM, they moved the battery from the engine compartment to reduce heat load. Something about heat being an enemy of battery life.

Kelly
sandman

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 06:45:25 PM »

It also (very slightly) changes the weight balance.  Its just hard to believe they couldn't find room in the engine compartment.  I'm gonna have to pop the hood and look around in there some more.

AWD SLT-2: Sunroof, Runningboards, rear seat DVD, crossrails, flowmaster and magnaflow mufflers. Bought in January 07.
kjf
Early Acadia Adopter
Global Moderator

Bill's still the Cat

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 06:48:13 PM »

Its just hard to believe they couldn't find room in the engine compartment.  I'm gonna have to pop the hood and look around in there some more.

Maybe they were planning ahead to the day they want to squeeze a V8 into that engine compartment.  wink

Kelly
sandman

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 06:52:15 PM »

Wonder if there's room for a turbo? Grin

BAMF

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 07:23:39 AM »

I have read in multiple articles that one or more GM reps have pointed out that there is room for a V8. Speculation seems to be that the Denali will be the first (only?) to have this option. I like the fact that the battery is not in the engine bay. I prefer the look of a clean, uncluttered engine bay, and having it under the seat makes an easier job for adding aftermarket stereo equipment  Grin
sandman

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 12:04:01 PM »

Good point about making it easier to add stero equipment.  Only thing that worries me is that I had a big ol amp (and sub woofer) under the  rear seat of my aerostar, but now there's no "underseat" to stash things.

BAMF

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 04:04:50 PM »

The cargo area under the rear floor looks like a good place to stash an amp or two... haha, I don't even have one yet and I'm already planning out upgrades  Grin
sandman

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 04:58:04 PM »

You are right!  The only trouble is that's where I have my jumper cables.  Cry

kjf
Early Acadia Adopter
Global Moderator

Bill's still the Cat

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 06:45:33 PM »

The plastic covering to the left can be snapped off, but I was afraid to try.  I was able to slide the cover off.  I think it will be a minor pain to drop the battery in, but certainly possible.  But that plastic cover to the left will definately have to come off.  Notice all the cables, fuses, etc.

I was just looking at these photos again. That looks like an awfully tight fit. I wonder how much work it will take to get the plastic off and the battery out? Is that plastic part of the tracks for the seat?

Kelly
coopermine

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 07:56:54 PM »

looking at those smart slide rails... has anyone found stuff stuck in to the grease yet? I can imagine dimes, hair or potato chips piece in there  Grin
sandman

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 09:58:49 PM »

I was able to get one part of the plastic cover to snap off, I just didnt feel like forcing it.  But the whole thing should snap off.  Even then, there is not much finger room to hold on to the battery.  I think there might have been something that you  could hook a strap to.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories