Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
August 22, 2014, 07:34:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadia Sales Numbers:    Sept: 5,287      YTD Total: 62,013      All Time: 323,333  (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's Vent! Here's the post to do just that!  (Read 67357 times, 670 Replies)
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2009, 03:50:02 PM »

Say anything you want here but be nice to each other.  Anyone or anything else is fair game!

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
teetertotter
Acadia Freak

Boys/Girls Club - Vol, Veterans4Housing - Vol

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 04:21:49 PM »

I really fell sorry for GM suppliers who probably have not been paid in months and have to file chapter 11.     One does not want to be a supplier for GM as their terms are 90-120 days.  One of our daughters,  who works for a stamping company, was making hinges for a couple years for GM.  Her company notified the buyer that they were being put "Credit Hold."  When check is received, we will release shipment.  She would have to call the buyer every 60 days if a check was not received.  They were with GM 2 years, 2006-07.  GM only represented 10% of their business.
GM went back to E.R. Wagner for their hinges that were of poor quality to begin with.  It is about making money for GM, not their suppliers.      Just some information. 

Traded 07 Acadia for 2012 Terrain, V6, AWD. June of 12.
Blue_2009_SLT2
Lobbying for liberty
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Fleet HQ & our combined fleet...

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 04:35:42 PM »

One happy, one mad:

Smiley
speleos- I see you have a blue '09 Matrix- congrats on owning the second cutest vehicle in one of the best shades of blue made!

Angry
I'll refer my right honorable friends to the post I made some days ago about being in a 34% tax bracket thanks to the oppressive IRS rules, when even the president @ $2.7 mil is only 32%, and the total lack of any response from the three elected officials I have emailed/faxed/called.

My name is Blue_2009_SLT2
Moderator of the Forum of the Acadia
Retired member of the Law Enforcement Legions
Loyal servant to the forum admin
Husband to a murdered Constitution, father to a murdered income
And I will have my vengeance... in this election and the next.
teetertotter
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 05:07:55 PM »

One happy, one mad:
I'll refer my right honorable friends to the post I made some days ago about being in a 34% tax bracket thanks to the oppressive IRS rules, when even the president @ $2.7 mil is only 32%, and the total lack of any response from the three elected officials I have emailed/faxed/called.

I at least receive their standard form letter from our Russ Feingold and Paul Ryan as acknowledgement!!  blob  Make you feel better?

FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

I'M AN ACCOUNT TAKER AND A THREAD BREAKER

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 06:13:28 PM »

Honestly how many people are thinking about buying the Volt?  I'm tired of hearing about "greener this and that"  I think it's all a ploy because some scientist said we were burning holes in our ozone, we need to quit using aerosols because of the contaminants that are released; oh and cows are releasing too much methane when they burp...............what is the fix for that; slap a tax on the cattle yards to help cover the cost of excessive methane release?  I'm so tired of hearing about the ways we are destroying our planet.  Plausible deniability............. ROFL that's a cute term; let's keep secrets from the President so he can say " I had no idea we had aliens at Area 51 or their ship".  We hide more secrets from ourselves than our enemies; at least they can watch CNN or Fox News and find out when the next attack should happen.  Door dingers  Uzi  let me catch the next guy that opens his door arbitrarily and with blatant disregard for my Acadia...............(luckily this hasn't happened yet!)  Telemarketer's  >Cheesy  people who park within the lines of a parking spot but are so far to one side that you can't enter your vehicle, "you couldn't take the extra 20 seconds to center that thing and now I have to deploy the power tailgate to enter my vehicle"  (actual quote after I caught a Dodge dually park next to me as I approached to leave; he centered his vehicle without incident).   Red light runners, not the late yellow one's; I'm talking RED for at least 2-3 seconds "go ahead and put me and my family at risk because you are late to work"!  "Why do I have to call off my 48lb Shepperd that is 9 years old and has mild hip displasia (sp)  because your 3 lb Chihuahua is scared"?  It's a dog park lady and if your dog is so scared of the blowing wind; then stay at home and "oh don't worry someone else will pick up his droppings because you forgot to bring some bags".    go ahead and talk on the phone and then cut me off; all of my cars are fully insured and gapped (well at least the Acadia is).

Done

Soapbox

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)-Build date 12/13/2013  Mine 3/15/2014
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
Speleos
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 06:14:47 PM »

Blue - the Matrix is an awesome car.  I tallked the SO (significant other) into getting the S model with the larger 4-cylinder, traction control and electronic stability control.  It handles like a champ with plenty of spunk to boot!  You should have seen her hanging on when I took a 15 mph curve at 45 without ever lifting off the gas or squealing a tire.
 Help

The darned thing has electric power steering.  I guess it's OK as long as the battery or alternator live.  Cool

No beefs about my small fleet!

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
1995 Chevy C-2500
xseler

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 06:39:46 PM »

flaming mad  The people that tie up other people in the parking lots of 'big box' stores waiting for the closest parking spot to the door.  They then end up walking 2 miles in the store (holding up numerous people because they have their carts in the middle of the aisle).  They are just plain jackalopes!!! flaming mad

'08 SLT1 FWD in Liquid Silver, with Titanium leather

As my Dad used to say, "You're never lost until you run out of gas."
When gas got to $4, I almost got lost.
dfrank78

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 08:01:22 PM »

flaming mad  The people that tie up other people in the parking lots of 'big box' stores waiting for the closest parking spot to the door.  They then end up walking 2 miles in the store (holding up numerous people because they have their carts in the middle of the aisle).  They are just plain jackalopes!!! flaming mad

I also hate when those same people have ten kids that run amuck and stand in the middle of the aisle too and look at you like your dumb when you want by.

2008 Acadia SLE  Dark Crimson Metallic
2007 Silverado LT Texas Edition Graystone Metallic
Member #1 Dark Crimson Metallic club
Blue_2009_SLT2
Lobbying for liberty
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Fleet HQ & our combined fleet...

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 08:23:58 PM »

I observed to Mrs. Blue once that "They shop like they drive."

My name is Blue_2009_SLT2
Moderator of the Forum of the Acadia
Retired member of the Law Enforcement Legions
Loyal servant to the forum admin
Husband to a murdered Constitution, father to a murdered income
And I will have my vengeance... in this election and the next.
Blue/Gold Forever! 78U / dmurphy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 09:18:06 PM »

people who park within the lines of a parking spot but are so far to one side that you can't enter your vehicle, "you couldn't take the extra 20 seconds to center that thing and now I have to deploy the power tailgate to enter my vehicle"  (actual quote after I caught a Dodge dually park next to me as I approached to leave; he centered his vehicle without incident).

You need to keep a few notices in the glovebox ....

'08 Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic Acadia AWD SLT-1
'13 Evolution Green Cadillac SRX Luxury Edition

** Member #1 - Blue/Gold Acadia Club - El Presidente
** Member #1 - Acadia SLT-1 Club
bonk1313
Hey members, Update your signatures with vehicle details. And post some pics of your ACADIA to share.
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Carbon Black 2008 GMC Acadia SLT 2 Ebony 2-2-3

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 09:29:48 PM »

clap clap clap

19's,2xSky,Trailering,GM HR DVD,Husky Liners,Bully Imposter GI51 Grille,Cargo Rails
Built 9/07,5/8 FLASH,XD XTREME 4300K HID KIT,Putco LED Interior Lights,
mrvids

Dark Crimson Owner Group Member #2

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 09:11:20 AM »

If someone parks their shopping cart on one side of the aisle and then stands on the other side to look at items on the shelf, effectively blocking the whole aisle,  am I obligated to say "excuse me" when I am forced to walk in front of them? 
FORUM GM
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »

Notices printed  Grin

Speleos
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 04:27:14 PM »

Honestly how many people are thinking about buying the Volt?  I'm tired of hearing about "greener this and that"  I think it's all a ploy because some scientist said we were burning holes in our ozone, we need to quit using aerosols because of the contaminants that are released; oh and cows are releasing too much methane when they burp...............what is the fix for that;

Cowtalytic Converters, my good man - that's the cure for cow farts!  And I'll offer the job of plugging them into bovine asses to anyone who believes man is the primary cause of global warming, mass extinction, ozone holes, or anything else that mother nature has designed for us to endure.

I want to puke when I hear people talk about the 'green movement.'  I always thought the 'green movement' was what happened in a baby's diaper after eating strained peas!

Try going to a symphony concert at Maryland Hall for the Performing Arts sometime.  The music is fabulous.  Annapolis has a fantastic orchestra and world-class conductor.  At intermission though, all the 'old farts' congregate in the hallway to talk about their lumbago, medicare, diarhea, or whatever and stand EVERYWHERE - WALL-to-WALL!  And then they look at you stupidly with disgust when you ask them to let you through.  Who let them out of the nursing home in the first place?

That's all for now.  Next vent - our so-called 'green' technology.    Uzi take that you granoli!!

1995 Chevy C-2500
FORUM GM
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 07:54:02 PM »

And I'll offer the job of plugging them into bovine asses to anyone who believes man is the primary cause of global warming, mass extinction, ozone holes, or anything else that mother nature has designed for us to endure.

maybe we could start a class action lawsuit against the Ford Family for their ancestors starting this global warming with those Model T's etc.  Can you imagine if we were still driving that kind of technology  Oh No  Try and get one of those through a smog check; HA!!!!  Oh wait we've refined our smog polluting vehicles but not enough the nature conservationists?  *pffff*

Irish

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 01:34:51 AM »

Ok, is the whole state of Oregon hopped up on allergy meds?  In the past two weeks I have seen more stupid driving moves than in an entire year.  The lady that pulled out in front of me, made me slow down to almost full stop because hey, why use the middle turn lane...just stay in my lane and block traffic.  More than once people slowing up to and stopping at a green light.  The kid that almost hit a motorcycle (that was all the way up by the cars hood at this point) on the freeway, the guy 2 cars ahead of me not paying attention in a tunnel slamming into the curb, the Jeep that slowly but surly moved into the other lane w/ no blinker as the Mercedes that was already there is blaring on the horn.  So the Jeep goes about 2ft back into it's own lane and slowly back towards the Mercedes.  My carpool buddy pulls out in front of a car & we almost get hit, two blocks down the street a car pulls out in front of another and almost gets hit.  The full on RED LIGHT runner after that.  We had 4 Whoa sh*! moments on the commute that day.

Maybe I can talk my boss into letting me work from home.  At least until the pollen chills out!

2008 SLT-2 AWD Blue-Gold/Titanium, sunroof, dvd, hud, tow

Member #3 - Blue/Gold Acadia Club
Member #20 - SLT-2 Club
Speleos
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 06:50:06 AM »

I would like to thank the moderators and the Academy for allowing this post to continue.  Some fun stuff in here!  Keep venting!

Dancing

1995 Chevy C-2500
teetertotter
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 08:02:34 AM »

I don't have anything to vent as have patience and GOD is on my side!  People make mistakes sometimes.  You have to have forgiveness once in a while.  Make it a better world, I'm taught, and handed down to my children. 

mrvids

Dark Crimson Owner Group Member #2

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 11:28:47 AM »

Try going to a symphony concert at Maryland Hall for the Performing Arts sometime.  The music is fabulous.  Annapolis has a fantastic orchestra and world-class conductor. 
Useless  opera trivia; Mike Rowe, the host of Dirty Jobs, sang professionally with the Baltimore Opera.
Irish

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 12:34:53 PM »

Useless  opera trivia; Mike Rowe, the host of Dirty Jobs, sang professionally with the Baltimore Opera.

Wow!  I never would have guessed that in a million!

2008 SLT-2 AWD Blue-Gold/Titanium, sunroof, dvd, hud, tow

Member #3 - Blue/Gold Acadia Club
Member #20 - SLT-2 Club
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories