Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
October 31, 2014, 11:23:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadia Sales Numbers:    Sept: 5,287      YTD Total: 62,013      All Time: 323,333  (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carbon Black Acadia Club  (Read 22516 times, 92 Replies)
MyBlackAcadia

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2009, 04:52:48 PM »

Since there are these clubs going on... Blue/Gold Acadia Club, Dark Crimson Metalic Club, Liquid Silver Acadia Club.. Thought I'd start a club too!! thumbs up

Come one came ALL!!! Join the Carbon Black Acadia Club!! The perks and benefits are: We can talk about the color Carbon Black and maybe we can all post pic of our Carbon Black Acadias. Although they may all look similar. hahaha  Point is to just have fun doing it and maybe show off what ever mods you have done to your Acadia. Grin

I like dFrank78's Idea.. "Take the next available member number and put it in your signaure line"

2009 Acadia SLT-1                
- Carbon Blck, Ebony Lthr, 2x Skyscape, 7 Seating, 2nd Row Console, Convenience Pkg, Pwr liftgate. **Carbon Black Acadia Club Member #1**
2006 MBZ C280 Lux
- Black, Ash Lthr, Snrf, htd seats, Rain snsrs
Insti08
Acadia Guru

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 05:10:56 PM »

Great I'm #2 No Jokes!!!!!!

'08,SLT2,AWD,CBMet.,BRK Int.,inst.wood trim,HUD,19's,2-2-3,Adv.start rem.,2xSky,6cdchang.Bose,Trailer pack.,running boards+LEDs(blue),deflectors all around, all weather mats, Contor.Flaps,Garm.Nav.,P.A.L.,Glove bx light,LED Int. Lights CBACM #2,SLT-2 M#1
bonk1313
Hey members, Update your signatures with vehicle details. And post some pics of your ACADIA to share.
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Carbon Black 2008 GMC Acadia SLT 2 Ebony 2-2-3

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 05:26:04 PM »

Oh Why not, I am #3

19's,2xSky,Trailering,GM HR DVD,Husky Liners,Bully Imposter GI51 Grille,Cargo Rails
Built 9/07,5/8 FLASH,XD XTREME 4300K HID KIT,Putco LED Interior Lights,
Insti08
Acadia Guru

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 05:38:32 PM »

Member #2 Photos

'08,SLT2,AWD,CBMet.,BRK Int.,inst.wood trim,HUD,19's,2-2-3,Adv.start rem.,2xSky,6cdchang.Bose,Trailer pack.,running boards+LEDs(blue),deflectors all around, all weather mats, Contor.Flaps,Garm.Nav.,P.A.L.,Glove bx light,LED Int. Lights CBACM #2,SLT-2 M#1
bonk1313
Hey members, Update your signatures with vehicle details. And post some pics of your ACADIA to share.
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 05:51:50 PM »

Wouldn't mind seeing a night shot with those led lights on the side steps.

19's,2xSky,Trailering,GM HR DVD,Husky Liners,Bully Imposter GI51 Grille,Cargo Rails
MyBlackAcadia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 06:43:39 PM »

Woot Woot Total of 3 members in just under 1 hour.  clap clap

Welcome Banana

The pics are great! Keep'em coming.. I'll upload mine when I get home today!

2009 Acadia SLT-1                
- Carbon Blck, Ebony Lthr, 2x Skyscape, 7 Seating, 2nd Row Console, Convenience Pkg, Pwr liftgate. **Carbon Black Acadia Club Member #1**
2006 MBZ C280 Lux
Swim Dad

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 10:55:22 PM »

Love the color.  #4 is here.  Picutres to follow. blob Dancing Woot

Swim Dad
2008 SLT-2 AWD Carbon w/ Ebony #4
imgntht

Nuckin' Futs!!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 11:59:07 PM »

Oh why not...I was gonna hold out for number "Sieben", but might as well keep the party going while its HOT.   #5 reporting for duty Cheers

BTW the chrome body molding is just above the plastic side valance, but it is really subtle and hard to see in pictures.  Adds a nice simple touch and draws a connection to the angle of the roof racks. 

2007 GMC Acadia SLE AWD--Carbon Black/Titanium
Mods: GMC seat belt shoulder pads; Carbon Fiber sport pedals; 5-pc grille overlay set; Tinted reverse lights; Chrome body molding; 20x9 Bazo Forged B359 Monaco wheels; 255/55/20 Bridgestone Dueler Alenza tires.  Cherry Bomb muffler, CBCM #5
mckcab
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 07:37:11 AM »

Red Jewel spying!  I think you guys are the coolest!  I love the mods you all have done.  It's funny, I expected them all to look the same, but they don't.  Congrats on being the most creative Acadia owners!  I'm coming here more often to find new stuff to do to mine (if that's OK :Smiley)

2005 Midnight Blue G35 Coupe (VROOM!)
2007 Red Jewel SLT-2 Acadia FWD with everything

Walk softly and carry a big stick!
MyBlackAcadia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 11:04:27 AM »

Red Jewel spying!  I think you guys are the coolestGrin thumbs up I love the mods you all have done.  It's funny, I expected them all to look the same, but they don't.  Congrats on being the most creative Acadia owners!  I'm coming here more often to find new stuff to do to mine (if that's OK :Smiley)

Cheersblob Beer blob

2009 Acadia SLT-1                
2006 MBZ C280 Lux
Insti08
Acadia Guru

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 11:45:44 AM »

I will take new pics of the chrome after the car wash and of the running boards tonight!

09Enclave
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 08:53:06 PM »

Member #2 Photos
can you say: "bling, bling"?  That's a lot of chrome trim.  Looks good

2009 Enclave CX FWD, silver green with ebony cloth, driver's confidence pkg, tow pkg, 8-passenger seating.
bonk1313
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 12:59:02 PM »

IMGNTHT. i love the full overlay grille setup. I wish that I could get it with mine to match the grille I have... I think it would like nice.
Can you take a closer pick of the chrome by the valance you were talking about.

MyBlackAcadia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 03:12:22 PM »

Oh Why not, I am #3

Bonk1313
Are the TV's factory or aftermarket? I have twins and I'm thinking of dual headrest TV's rather than the single overhead. I've done the single overhead on my previous truck and it blocked the rearview mirror.
Anyway, if they're aftermarket can you provide details.. Those look very nice.

2009 Acadia SLT-1                
2006 MBZ C280 Lux
imgntht

Nuckin' Futs!!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 03:34:57 PM »

IMGNTHT. i love the full overlay grille setup. I wish that I could get it with mine to match the grille I have... I think it would like nice.

Thanks for the compliment.  I'm very happy with the look of this setup.  To my knowledge it is still the only 5 piece grille kit for the Acadia. 

Pardon how dirty the car is and poor quality pictures.  Its raining like crazy here in Chicago and the car was in the garage.  Basically it is 1/4" body molding that rather than applying along the door edges like member #2, I created a new application for it along the lower valance.  I was looking to mimic the more expensive luxury vehicles that are all getting chrome along the rocker panel/lower door.  I initially thought it was too thin and was going to move up to a 1/2" or more, but after having it on the car for 6 months or so now, I like how understated it is.  I'm not a huge fan of chrome(go figure with the wheel choice), but a few simple touches here and there pull together the factory chrome elements nicely IMO.   

2007 GMC Acadia SLE AWD--Carbon Black/Titanium
Mods: GMC seat belt shoulder pads; Carbon Fiber sport pedals; 5-pc grille overlay set; Tinted reverse lights; Chrome body molding; 20x9 Bazo Forged B359 Monaco wheels; 255/55/20 Bridgestone Dueler Alenza tires.  Cherry Bomb muffler, CBCM #5
bonk1313
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 05:44:48 PM »

Oh Why not, I am #3

Bonk1313
Are the TV's factory or aftermarket? I have twins and I'm thinking of dual headrest TV's rather than the single overhead. I've done the single overhead on my previous truck and it blocked the rearview mirror.
Anyway, if they're aftermarket can you provide details.. Those look very nice.

These are the Factory DVD system... The Headrests were purchased of Ebay, they were titanium cloth, and I got them recovered with leather to match. Install was easy. Check out this thread, and this ebay listing (ending shortly 22hours as of this posting currently priced at $152.50 or BIN $400.00)

Thanks for the compliment.  I'm very happy with the look of this setup.  To my knowledge it is still the only 5 piece grille kit for the Acadia. 

Pardon how dirty the car is and poor quality pictures.  Its raining like crazy here in Chicago and the car was in the garage.  Basically it is 1/4" body molding that rather than applying along the door edges like member #2, I created a new application for it along the lower valance.  I was looking to mimic the more expensive luxury vehicles that are all getting chrome along the rocker panel/lower door.  I initially thought it was too thin and was going to move up to a 1/2" or more, but after having it on the car for 6 months or so now, I like how understated it is.  I'm not a huge fan of chrome(go figure with the wheel choice), but a few simple touches here and there pull together the factory chrome elements nicely IMO.   

Not bad, it is not to much but looks nice.

bonk1313
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 05:48:40 PM »

What do you guys think of these? I think the Carbon Blacks are more likely to choose these. I have looked at them but just not sure how I think they will really hold up.

Thoughts?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110350472643&viewitem=

FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

I'M AN ACCOUNT TAKER AND A THREAD BREAKER

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 06:41:45 PM »

I'm partial to carbon fibre; so I say they look good especially on your body color

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)-Build date 12/13/2013  Mine 3/15/2014
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
Insti08
Acadia Guru

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 06:58:20 PM »

What do you guys think of these? I think the Carbon Blacks are more likely to choose these. I have looked at them but just not sure how I think they will really hold up.

Thoughts?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110350472643&viewitem=

I like them much better than the Chrome ones I have, Thinking about switching!

big10purdue

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 09:11:40 PM »

Ok... I know I'm strange... but does anybody else see (the reflection of the last carbon fiber trim picture) in the tall skinny tree - the Grinch with a penis on his head?

2009 AWD SLE Carbon Metallic preferred package 2-2-3. Pending Upgrades: Navigation, backup camera, fancy side mirrors, DIC.  Why not an SLT, you ask?  I have no need for two sunroofs and heated windshield washer fluid.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories