Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
April 20, 2014, 01:44:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for something smaller than the Acadia? Check out the all new GMC Terrain at http://www.TerrainForum.net

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 ACADIA SLT AWD CODES U0073, P0700.  (Read 3951 times, 1 Replies)
SABORO

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2008, 05:58:41 PM »

HI TO ALL, I'M NEW TO THE FORUM AND I'M IN GHANA, WEST AFRICA. I FRIEND ASKED ME TO SCAN (ACTRON CP9180) HIS ACADIA, A USED ONE HE BOUGHT A FEW MONTHS BACK AFTER IT BROKE DOWN ON THE HIGHWAY AND I GOT  CODES U0073 AND P0700. SINCE THERE ISN'T ANY DEALER HERE, AN AUTO. TECH. OFFERED TO HELP. THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER IS NOT WORKING AND THE TRANS. SHIFTS HARD INTO 2ND. THE CAR WAS NOT CRANKING, HE WAS ABLE TO TRACE THE COMMUNICATION BUS WIRES (BROWN/BLACK AND THE BROWN). THEY ALL CHECKED OUT WELL, HE DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY OVERNIGHT AND THE NEXT DAY THE CAR STARTED ALL WAS WELL, IT DROVE TILL THE 2ND GEAR CHANGED HARSHLY AND THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER WENT DEAD AGAIN. HE CHECKED THE TRANSMISSION WIRES AGAIN AND SAID ALL THE PINS WERE OK. NOW THE ENGINE IS NOT CRANKING.
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Update
Thanks for the input, I'll like to ask if the Tcm and Pcm are built as a single module and is it the unit mounted above the radiator? Also I tried different scanners X431, Innova 3100 as well as the actron and none is able to communicate with the vehicle. There seems to be a communication break somewhere. Initially I could scan the car now it's not possible. I hope you understand the fustration as there isn't any Tcm or Pcm I can use to check the problem. The module would have to be ordered from the USA and I just want to make sure it is damaged. Thanks again guys. 
Blue_2009_SLT2
Lobbying for liberty
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Fleet HQ & our combined fleet...

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 06:44:17 PM »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Your posts will be easier to read if you do not type in all capital letters. Actron scanners have a code book, but it may be out of date or not include all codes.

I looked up the codes elsewhere & here is what they mean:
P0700  Transmission Control System Malfunction
U0073 Network:   Control Module Communication Bus Off

Undoubtedly you have a computer issue of some sort. You may not be able to do so, but you could try a computer from a known good vehicle of the same year and see if the problem reappears.

You can read about the codes here:
http://www.obd-codes.com/faq/obd2-codes-explained.php

My name is Blue_2009_SLT2
Moderator of the Forum of the Acadia
Retired member of the Law Enforcement Legions
Loyal servant to the forum admin
Husband to a murdered Constitution, father to a murdered income
And I will have my vengeance... in this election and the next.
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories