Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
April 26, 2017, 07:30:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! More info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Acadia - 2nd Scheduled Maintainence at 10K miles  (Read 226 times, 5 Replies)
IUOE Rob and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
go-denali

Ignore
« on: April 20, 2017, 01:55:58 AM »

I would be taking-in my 2017 Acadia for 2nd Scheduled Maintenance soon. I am at 10K miles and needed 2nd oil change.
The service rep said as part of scheduled maintenance they will do following :

Lube, Oil & Filter change
    Multi-point Inspection
    Tire Rotation
    Recall 16128 Fuel Line -  Protective Sleeve & Hose
    Recall 16195 Brake Lamps - Pedal Bracket
    Recall 16135 One Touch Fold Seat Release - Adjust 2nd Row Seat Cable
    Recall 17109 Rear Drive Module - Reprogram Rear Diff Clutch Control Module
    Recall 50210 Antilock Brake System - Reprogram Electronic Brake Module

Started wondering if there so many recalls for 2017 Acadia? Then looked on NHTSA and GM website and there is only one recall 2017 model and for my VIN there is none.
If you google these numbers, turns out they are all Service bulletins. So assuming they are not really recalls but just TSBs that they will run on my vehicle.

Is it normal for Dealer to run all these checks if I don't see any issues reported on DIC ? Hoping it's all covered and that while doing these checks, nothing get's messed up .
Some links I found for above 'recalls' :

http://gm.oemdtc.com/7290/16195-01-service-update-brake-lamps-remain-activated-2017-cadillac-xt5-gmc-acadia
http://gm.oemdtc.com/6334/50210-antilock-brake-system-missing-dtcs-2017-cadillac-xt5-gmc-acadia
http://gm.oemdtc.com/7261/16135-01-service-update-one-touch-fold-seat-release-2017-gmc-acadia
http://gm.oemdtc.com/7372/17109-service-update-rear-drive-module-excessive-torque-2017-cadillac-xt5-gmc-acadia

My vehicle had rattle issues from start and to some extent they have been resolved after replacing the 2nd row arm rest.
But I still hear some rattle from 2nd row passenger side seat. I believe this is due to excessive vibration of that seat. Do any other 2017 acadia owner think their 2nd row seats vibrate more than normal? (when no passengers sitting)
During one of my previous visits to dealer, they kind of fixed the 2nd row driver side seat so that now it doesn't vibrate as much and hence no rattle.
I have 2-3-2 seating configuration.

Acadia AWD Denali 2017 - Tricoat white, Cocoa/Shale + Tech Pkg + Sunroof
IUOE Rob

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 06:21:59 AM »

I have a '17 Denali on loan for 2 days, returning it today. I shut down the radio yesterday to listen for noises and noticed a lot a rattling in the rear. I got out and played with the seats, put them down (2nd row Captains) and it seemed to help but still noisy. I remember someone on this forum complaining about noisy seats and IIRC they took it back to the dealer for the fix. Maybe this recall will quiet down the noisy seats.

2014 GMC Acadia Denali
2005 Corvette Coupe Z51
2014 Harley Davidson FLHTK
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia NIRVANA

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 07:33:15 AM »

Is it normal for Dealer to run all these checks if I don't see any issues reported on DIC ? Hoping it's all covered and that while doing these checks, nothing get's messed up .

It's a good service center which checks (and in cases corrects) any service bulletins issued on a car. At best, they did nothing to your car and simply added the info to their computer system for future reference. They would have corrected anything which applied to your vehicle and added the appropriate time to your repair order. Paranoid much??

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
Scbearsfan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 07:52:20 AM »

Go-Denali, when I took mine in for her 1st oil change at 6 months, 3,700 miles, they checked numbers 16135 & 50210 and found nothing wrong as parts and labor were 0. I would say your service dept is on the ball by checking your VIN for possible recalls or TSBs. BTW they were listed as RECALLS on my receipt. The 27 Point Inspection is fairly normal now.

2017 FWD Crimson Red  Denali
Cocoa/Shale
Sunroof
Technology Package
Gordon Shumway

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 02:18:33 PM »

My vehicle had rattle issues from start and to some extent they have been resolved after replacing the 2nd row arm rest.
But I still hear some rattle from 2nd row passenger side seat. I believe this is due to excessive vibration of that seat. Do any other 2017 acadia owner think their 2nd row seats vibrate more than normal? (when no passengers sitting)
During one of my previous visits to dealer, they kind of fixed the 2nd row driver side seat so that now it doesn't vibrate as much and hence no rattle.
I have 2-3-2 seating configuration.

I haven't heard a peep from any of the rear seats, but I haven't had any of them in the up position since I bought it either.

For what it is worth, my '17 Denali is eerily quiet just like my '14 Denali was.  I drove that '14 for 40 months, and never developed even a hint of rattle, squeak, or anything else.  Not having to deal with roads full of potholes, frost heaves, or other types of cold weather induced road destruction probably has something to do with it.    Grin

2017 FWD Crimson Red  Denali
Cocoa/Shale
Sunroof
Technology Package
ckeiz

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:02:46 PM »

We have had our '17 Acadia Denali in the service shop more than it's been on the road and rattling rear seats and hatch have been on the list every time.  Each time they seem to fix the issues, until you drive the vehicle a day or so and whatever is causing the problem rattles free again.  The rattles are annoying, but at the bottom of the list of problems we have had with this vehicle.  We have a whopping 5,000 miles on it so far.

2017 GMC Acadia Denali
4,000 miles
Fully loaded
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories