Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
March 28, 2017, 03:40:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Generation specific boards  (Read 11812 times, 7 Replies)
cliffy

Ignore
« on: February 22, 2017, 10:30:55 PM »

I just bought a new 2017 Acadia Denali.  Would it be possible to have child boards for the new generation?  Most of the posts and info on this forum do not pertain to my vehicle and it would be helpful to have a separate area to post in.

Thanks for your hard work in keeping this forum running.

2017 Acadia Denali AWD, Iridium Metallic
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia NIRVANA

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 10:46:13 AM »

... Most of the posts and info on this forum do not pertain to my vehicle and it would be helpful to have a separate area to post in.

That will change as time goes on and the new models become more popular. Actually, much of the info with regard to trouble codes, infotainment functions, and other things falls in line with cars of many makes/models. Stuff is fairly standardized through the industry. Only the names are changed to protect the innocent.  Grin

(It might help if you PM the site admin with your request. I don't believe the forum moderators have that kind of access to the site. The current administrator is 'admin2.')

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
Scbearsfan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 12:45:46 PM »

Rbarrios asked this question before. While it may be nice to have a section just for our newer model they would also need the other sub sections as well. We could very well miss out on the wisdom on Rbarrios, Speleos and others, plus there are non mechanical issues that all owners can comment on and even have some  civilized disagreement on (See me and GeorgeC). LOL

2017 FWD Crimson Red  Denali
Cocoa/Shale
Sunroof
Technology Package
admin2
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 01:31:51 PM »

From a technical standpoint, this would be easy enough to do. But whether or not this is wanted or needed goes to you guys. Anyone else want to weigh in? Good points to far from both sides of the table

Kevin
cliffy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 01:03:38 AM »

Thanks for all the comments and thoughts.  I wasn't trying to exclude anyone.  Just trying to make easier for everyone to find the info they are looking for.

I have no idea the amount of work it takes to manage this forum and greatly appreciate all the time and effort the moderators and administrators do.  Cheers

2017 Acadia Denali AWD, Iridium Metallic
GeorgeC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 07:39:29 AM »

I think it is best to keep everything in one easy to find place.

That way I can read/discuss about my current model while also learning about my potentially future vehicle.  And, as I just did a few days ago on the Cadillac SRX forum, ask a question about a comparison between  the two models.   I am going to rent a 2017 XTS while on vacation and wanted to know differences between that and my current SRX.   I learned that the shifter/shift pattern is entirely new.   A very major difference that would have caught me by surprise.

George

2013 Denali,  White,  Navigation
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia NIRVANA

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 07:49:37 AM »

Thanks for all the comments and thoughts.  I wasn't trying to exclude anyone.  Just trying to make easier for everyone to find the info they are looking for.

No one would be excluded in the new features unless admin locks them out somehow. Info is pretty easy to find if the person posting it uses some good keywords that would show up in a  search using the forum's search box. BTW, no one would have to ask you what you're driving if you put the year and trim of your car in your profile's signature block.  Grin

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
Scbearsfan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 06:56:11 PM »

What I would like to see is a picture of the new Acadia on the banner.

2017 FWD Crimson Red  Denali
Cocoa/Shale
Sunroof
Technology Package
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories