Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
November 28, 2014, 05:51:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best or Worst Deal Dealers  (Read 4758 times, 10 Replies)
Blue_2009_SLT2
Lobbying for liberty
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Fleet HQ & our combined fleet...

« on: August 13, 2008, 07:52:19 PM »

This is an idea to share the best or worst deals we have gotten on our Acadias so that others may use them as either a benchmark to negotiate their own deal or to buy from the listed dealer. If done properly, this will save our fellow forum members a lot of time shopping dealers. Members can then search in their region forum for a dealer by name or by city.

Please utilize the following format when posting here:

1) City & State & date of purchase (month/year is fine)
2) Name of dealer & phone # or contact info (name of salesman or Internet manager)
3) Year, type (FWD or AWD), & model (SLE/SLT1/SLT2) of Acadia purchased & options.
4) Price paid as it relates to Edmunds.com invoice- include ALL dealer fees, but not tax or trade-in value. Please only list prices “anyone” can get. This EXCLUDES GM Employee, buying club, credit union, etc.
5) Other comments- got a good price on my trade in, the sales people were very knowledgeable, etc.

Examples:
1) Nonexistent, Nameofstate, July 2008
2) James Smith Pontiac-Buick-GMC, 888-555-1234, Internet Manager John Doe
3) 2009 FWD SLT2 with nav, rear DVD, remote start
4) Paid $39,999 with all fees. Edmunds invoice was $39,899, so I paid $100 over invoice.
5) The dealer was able to order right away. They gave me 1,000 less than average wholesale on my trade.

1) Nonexistent, Nameofstate, July 2008
2) James Smith Pontiac-Buick-GMC, 888-555-1234, Internet Manager John Doe
3) 2009 FWD SLT2 with nav, rear DVD, remote start
4) Did not buy. Dealer would not come off of MSRP of $42,123..
5) The salesperson was aloof and uninformed as to their product. They insisted I finance through them before they would do any negotiating.

EDIT
Date of purchase added to #1 above. Thanks for the advice.

My name is Blue_2009_SLT2
Moderator of the Forum of the Acadia
Retired member of the Law Enforcement Legions
Loyal servant to the forum admin
Husband to a murdered Constitution, father to a murdered income
And I will have my vengeance... in this election and the next.
bonk1313
Hey members, Update your signatures with vehicle details. And post some pics of your ACADIA to share.
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Carbon Black 2008 GMC Acadia SLT 2 Ebony 2-2-3

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 08:47:30 AM »

I added, something that I think is important for this type of posts. Others please do the same, include the Month and year you made the purchase in line 1... When I made my purchase there were not many Acadias on the lot cause they were moving, and they had no incentives on them either.

1) Vienna, VA - Oct, 2008
2) JKoons Pontiac GMC Buick 703-790-9800 - Salesperson, Gaylord Haas
3) 2008 GMC ACADIA FWD SLT2, with dualscape and trailering package
4) Window Sticker $38,075.00, negotiated vehicle price $35,461.00 (edmunds invioce $36,514.00) $22.50 Filing Fee
5) Decent price on trade compared to others, but less then KBB, it was an SUV. If you can sell it somewhere else like to carmax, do that and then take your money to them. You won't always get a good deal through their used car manager when it comes time to trade in.
 Salesperson is a long time seller to our family. Got a Decent Deal, but hard to negotiate when the cars weren't staying on the lot because they were selling so much.

19's,2xSky,Trailering,GM HR DVD,Husky Liners,Bully Imposter GI51 Grille,Cargo Rails
Built 9/07,5/8 FLASH,XD XTREME 4300K HID KIT,Putco LED Interior Lights,
Blue_2009_SLT2
Lobbying for liberty
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Fleet HQ & our combined fleet...

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 01:37:46 PM »

Thanks for the advice bonk. I have updated each thread to request this info where you placed it.

My name is Blue_2009_SLT2
Moderator of the Forum of the Acadia
Retired member of the Law Enforcement Legions
Loyal servant to the forum admin
Husband to a murdered Constitution, father to a murdered income
And I will have my vengeance... in this election and the next.
capecodacadia
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 01:12:26 PM »

I just saw this thread, felt compelled to post about my on-line/over the phone buying experience.

Brooklyn, NY  February 1st, 2012

Kristal Cadillac/Chevy/Buick/GMC   (718) 253-7575      Manager - Charlie Sr.

2008 AWD Acadia SLT2, 71K miles, GMC Certified, all options available according to 2008 sales brochure

Sticker $19,777 - Paid $19,852 (includes dealer doc fee of $75)  Edmunds.com lists price as $29,474 (certified)

10K under suggested retail and nearly 3K under wholesale according to Manhiem that day, this was a cash deal,
no financing.

Buying a car on-line/over the phone can be tricky. Had Charlie fax me the build sheet so I could confirm the options
claimed actually existed. Since it was GMC Certified, I knew if I had issues, they could be resolved locally. Had Charlie
walk around the car on his cell phone and tell me everything he saw, he was 100% accurate in the vehicle's description.
Charlie returned every call promptly, faxed and FedEx'd docs on time, never tried to "sell" me the car. Manual was
missing, he offered to order one, I needed it faster, got my own on eBay. Also missing were the rear headsets and remote
for the DVD, Charlie sent me brand new gear. Super quick, clean process. Saw the car on-line @0300 on a Sunday morning,
vehicle was picked up at the truck stop near my house that Thursday night. An outstanding vehicle buying experience,
can't recommend Charlie Sr at Kristal highly enough.

Hauler - used Badlands Trucking  $300 from Brooklyn to Hyannis 
Outstanding communication with the owner Bob Cullen (508) 274-1155 and the driver, great job of coordinating a haul on
very short notice. Price quoted was price paid (COD), simply outstanding. Badlands runs nationally and specializes in exotics.

2008 Acadia SLT2 (AWD) - Deep Blue Metallic with Titanium leather - HID, HUD, XM, OnStar, dual moon roofs, touch screen NAV w/rear view camera, entertainment package (DVD/Bose), remote start... but no darn ashtray! Build date 28Aug07
tincob

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 03:38:42 PM »

I'm looking to buy right now and so far I have narrowed my choices down to Minchin in Stamford, CT and Buick GMC of Danbury, CT.

Neither dealer is offering anything close to market average price listed on Edmunds/BlueBook/Truecar websites.

2012 Acadia Denali AWD Carbon Black Metallic/Ebony w Nav/RSE
capecodacadia
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 10:41:33 PM »

I'm looking to buy right now and so far I have narrowed my choices down to Minchin in Stamford, CT and Buick GMC of Danbury, CT.

Neither dealer is offering anything close to market average price listed on Edmunds/BlueBook/Truecar websites.

Are there prices higher or lower? No one is selling cars now, name your price honey, you'll own it if you know what its actually worth!

2008 Acadia SLT2 (AWD) - Deep Blue Metallic with Titanium leather - HID, HUD, XM, OnStar, dual moon roofs, touch screen NAV w/rear view camera, entertainment package (DVD/Bose), remote start... but no darn ashtray! Build date 28Aug07
capecodacadia
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 11:22:59 PM »

Check out NJ dealers... for some reason, Joisy is usually cheaper than anywhere else. If you *KNOW* what you want, you can buy from anyone anywhere. And if you're not sure, use your local dealers to get your info, then shop elsewhere.

tincob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 06:51:12 AM »

I wound up buying my Acadia Denali at Danbury GMC. I was very impressed with their dealership facilities and their personnel.

If it was a bit closer, I wouldn't mind getting my Denali serviced there.

So a thumbs up for them.

2012 Acadia Denali AWD Carbon Black Metallic/Ebony w Nav/RSE
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 11:17:51 AM »

Are there prices higher or lower? No one is selling cars now, name your price honey, you'll own it if you know what its actually worth!
I believe you can purchase ANY product for what it's worth.  Cheers  I think they call that FMV.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
capecodacadia
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »

I believe you can purchase ANY product for what it's worth.  Cheers  I think they call that FMV.

Well, kinda...  with cars there's wholesale value (what a dealer basis trades/purchases on) and 'suggested retail', what the dealer hopes to get
for the car. A car is "worth" what a dealer pays for it. "Suggested retail" is subjective to what the public thinks the car is worth. If an 08 loaded Acadia with 70K miles sells to the public for 28K, that's what its worth to the buying public, when in fact the dealer paid/traded 20-22K on it.

Garion1076
My Boy Blue

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 04:21:04 PM »

Definitely correct about Joisy!  wink

1) Marlton, NJ - August 29, 2012
2) Burns GMC 856-983-6060 - Colleen Brandel (Internet manager) & Loretta McCoy (Salesperson)
3) 2012, FWD, Denali (DVD Navigation - only option we wanted)
4) Sticker: $47,525; Paid: $44,133 with all dealer fees - includes $2k Customer Retail Cashback, still available until 10/31/12 & $500 GM Customer Loyalty Rebate, no longer available as of 9/4/12 (Edmunds.com True Market Value® price: $45,517 - doesn't include dealer fees)
5) Can't recommend this dealership enough!  Excellent customer service (both online and in person), and as you can plainly see the price was better than right!  thumbs up

I rarely have "Booyah!" moments, but this is definitely one of them!

2012 Acadia Denali, FWD
Dark Blue Metallic, Cashmere Leather
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories