Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
February 20, 2017, 07:40:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cold Air - Driver Side, Warm Air - Passenger Side - 2011 GMC Acadia  (Read 334 times, 7 Replies)
jhipps

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2017, 06:02:56 PM »

I had the battery replaced on a 2011 GMC Acadia today, after replacement the driver's side is blowing cold air, while the passenger side is blowing warm air.

I have tried resetting or calibrating the actuators by removing the battery cables for 10 minutes, reconnecting, turning on the car (I heard two actuators move for sure) letting it idle for 2 minutes, turning it off, then turning it back on, I also drove it a little more than a mile.

I had to replace one of the actuators last year, when it suddenly started blowing warm air on the passenger side over the summer. No work had been done that would have caused this to reset so I assumed it was bad.

Due to the timing I can't help but think I'm missing some step in getting the actuators to reset.

I'm thankful for any and all help.
rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 08:18:30 PM »

you dont say who changed your battery....

next time ask that a memory save be used.

Not everyone has issues when changing out a battery--- but seems that one of the byproducts can be exactly what happened to you... as Ive seen several similar post.

Open doors for 10 min- to let the computer auto shut off lights --- and OR manually turn off overhead lights... this to keep the lights from draining the 9V.
This was a 40 min job with taking pics and having kids 'help' me.

memory saver available at Wal Mart for about $5.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    55,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-  123,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-180,000
jhipps

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 08:18:15 AM »

I got the battery changed at a local auto parts store.

I know now to do this in the future, any info on how to reset the system so my wife has heat? It's below freezing in NC this morning and she only has heat out of one set of vents.
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia NIRVANA

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 11:37:07 AM »

... any info on how to reset the system ...

Instructions are in several threads of this forum, the Enclave forum, and the Traverse forum.  search

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
jhipps

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 10:43:30 AM »

Instructions are in several threads of this forum, the Enclave forum, and the Traverse forum.  search

I've looked for days and also did a search I've tired several methods I found online and it didn't work. It is very difficult to pull the HVAC fuse on this car. I get so tired of people on forums being jerks, I could care less if my account here gets deleted for this comment or not because this response was of NO HELP!
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia NIRVANA

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 10:51:41 AM »

I've looked for days and also did a search I've tired several methods I found online and it didn't work. ...

Then, take your car somewhere and get it fixed. You quit being the jerk! None of us can fix it for you from a keyboard. You're also out of your mind if you expect us to do the searching and post links for you just to save your lazy butt!

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
jhipps

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 11:36:19 AM »

Then, take your car somewhere and get it fixed. You quit being the jerk! None of us can fix it for you from a keyboard. You're also out of your mind if you expect us to do the searching and post links for you just to save your lazy butt!

I'm not lazy, and I couldn't find the exact reset for this model even after searching, I found some general reset procedures for GMC, Chevy, etc. I tried those, so then I came here, searched before posting, and you respond with a comment that is of no purpose, a real keyboard warrior. I will take it somewhere to get it fixed since I can't solve the problem, I was trying to do this without a reset tool.

Thank you for the help bud!  Cheers
jhipps

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 01:35:04 PM »

you dont say who changed your battery....

next time ask that a memory save be used.

Not everyone has issues when changing out a battery--- but seems that one of the byproducts can be exactly what happened to you... as Ive seen several similar post.

Open doors for 10 min- to let the computer auto shut off lights --- and OR manually turn off overhead lights... this to keep the lights from draining the 9V.
This was a 40 min job with taking pics and having kids 'help' me.

memory saver available at Wal Mart for about $5.

Thank you for your reply, I haven't got the problem fixed yet, but this would be a great help to for anyone to know before battery installation. I ordered the part and will know better next time.

Going to my repair man to see if his tool can reset the actuators, if they reset great. If not then I most likely have a faulty actuator I can change myself so not a terrible problem, but this memory saver could have definitely saved me some time and expense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories