Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
December 22, 2014, 03:29:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear liftgate problem !!!  (Read 17140 times, 17 Replies)
mrzonca

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:28:13 PM »

:help:My rear liftgate do not want to open , any ideas Huh?Huh???

2007 ACADIA SLT1 AWD,  Dark Ming Blue Metallic Clearcoat
Keith

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 01:55:53 AM »

All doors unlocked? Switch on lower dashboard for liftgate has been bumped to the off position?
apples

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 04:01:20 PM »

I have problems too, mine is that it doesn't want to close. Of course when i take it in, it won't duplicate the problem.  Occasionally, it won't shut, so i have to push on it hard as it's going down.  Sometimes that works, other times it takes several attempts.

2008 Carbon Black Metallic AWD Titanium Leather SLT-2 Dual Sunroof DVD Towing Convenience Package 7 Passenger
mrzonca

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 10:15:01 AM »

Hi , liftgate still dosen't work. I don't have power liftgate , just standard one so there is no button inside .  Help Help

Please help ...

dolee

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 11:11:15 PM »

Took my neighbor to the grocery store and when she came out with her groceries I opened my door up and left it open with the key in the acadia and the rear liftgate would not open so I took the key out and closed the door and it opened. Dont know which one did it or if it was both. Also have noticed that when I get out and the interior lightd and headlights and taillights are still on for a few seconds it wont open until they turn off.
apples

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 12:57:33 AM »

mrzonca....i think you better get to the dealer, that's the only help i can give...Good Luck!

2008 Carbon Black Metallic AWD Titanium Leather SLT-2 Dual Sunroof DVD Towing Convenience Package 7 Passenger
rae0568
White Diamond Champion!

Acadia owner since 3/17/07

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 08:31:58 AM »

I have a similar problem with my rear liftgate. Took it to the dealership and they were unable to duplicate the problem.

2007 GMC Acadia AWD SLT-2 4SB White Diamond Tricoat/Brick, 19's, everything except engine heater.
mrzonca

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 11:28:46 PM »

Hi I got the liftgate to work  , there was a prablem with " Release switch " . Thanks anyway !!!

wavygravy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 12:45:55 AM »

i have exactly the same issue... i definitely need to take it in soon..
Blue_2009_SLT2
Lobbying for liberty
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Fleet HQ & our combined fleet...

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 06:20:17 AM »

mrzonca,
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad your problem was solved. If possible, can you describe what was wrong with the switch that caused the problem and what was done to fix it? Was your release switch defective and replaced or was there another problem?

Our members use the search function of the message board, the several months/years from now someone may have this exact problem (apparently some already have) and see this post. If you can post this information, it will be a great help to the others.

It is also helpful to post your location in your profile as well as the year, drive, model, and options of your vehicle in the signature section of your forum profile. Look at what most members have there, i.e. 2007 FWD SLE White/Titanium w/ DVD & convenience group. In this instance, you later specified you do not have a power liftgate, which means you have an SLE or SLT1 model. If you can post this model information, members don't have to guess as to what you have when trying to help you with problems on your vehicle.

If you click on the Blues Clues link in my signature, there is information on how to post this information in your profile & signature.

My name is Blue_2009_SLT2
Moderator of the Forum of the Acadia
Retired member of the Law Enforcement Legions
Loyal servant to the forum admin
Husband to a murdered Constitution, father to a murdered income
And I will have my vengeance... in this election and the next.
kram

Smooth....

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 06:54:29 AM »

There was another member who have reported the same issue (forgot which thread) and was resolved by replacing the release switch. I have the same issue, too, and it happens intermittently. Looking closely, it appears that the release mechanism happens to switch back to lock position prematurely before you can even pull the liftgate up. I would think it will happen more on a vehicle with manual liftgate.
I didn't have the chance to get it fixed yet and have been experiencing it for the last two months...i think i'm patient  Grin

2013 Buick Enclave, WDT
2012 Buick Regal, Black Onyx
2007 GMC Acadia, Deep Blue
Blue_2009_SLT2
Lobbying for liberty
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Fleet HQ & our combined fleet...

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 06:59:22 AM »

Thanks kram, that is what it sounded like from the original post, but I like to not assume this was the case.

My name is Blue_2009_SLT2
Moderator of the Forum of the Acadia
Retired member of the Law Enforcement Legions
Loyal servant to the forum admin
Husband to a murdered Constitution, father to a murdered income
And I will have my vengeance... in this election and the next.
FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

I'M AN ACCOUNT TAKER AND A THREAD BREAKER

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 01:19:32 PM »

Took the Acadia in this morning for two issues; one was an oil leak (see timing chain cover thread) the other was for the rear liftgate wouldn't open under power.  Got a call  back and they are replacing the latch under my extended warranty  Grin  I will post the actual wording from the work order once I get my Acadia back

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)-Build date 12/13/2013  Mine 3/15/2014
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
FORUM GM
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 01:37:53 PM »

Got the Acadia back this morning  thumbs up; here is the verbage from the repair sheet

Customer states rear liftgate will not open and if opened manually; the motor keeps running

Fix:  Found code B153A and B153E (stored in the power liftgate module) caused by stuck latch sensor; replaced liftgate latch assembly

mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 01:52:47 PM »

Got the Acadia back this morning  thumbs up; here is the verbage from the repair sheet

Customer states rear liftgate will not open and if opened manually; the motor keeps running

Fix:  Found code B153A and B153E (stored in the power liftgate module) caused by stuck latch sensor; replaced liftgate latch assembly
And the oil leak presumably is repaired?

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
FORUM GM
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 02:00:10 PM »

And the oil leak presumably is repaired?

See timing chain cover thread, but yes its fixed

Isabelle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 12:47:06 PM »

Keith....I have to thank you big time!!  I just bought a 2010 Acadia, and am not used to all of the features yet.  My power liftgate suddenly stopped working, and I was about to call the dealer when I saw your recommendation to check the button on the lower dash...I went and checked, and sure enough, I must have hit it by accident and turned the power liftgate off!!  I didn't even realize there was a button on the dash to turn it off...still getting used to all of the gadgets...  I am so glad I read this before wasting time at the dealer.  Thanks again!!     thumbs up
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 01:29:20 PM »

Keith....I have to thank you big time!!  I just bought a 2010 Acadia, and am not used to all of the features yet.  My power liftgate suddenly stopped working, and I was about to call the dealer when I saw your recommendation to check the button on the lower dash...I went and checked, and sure enough, I must have hit it by accident and turned the power liftgate off!!  I didn't even realize there was a button on the dash to turn it off...still getting used to all of the gadgets...  I am so glad I read this before wasting time at the dealer.  Thanks again!!     thumbs up

I recall when I took delivery that the dealer highlighted that button to me - they must have many reports of liftgate issues only to find the switch was turned off.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories