Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
February 22, 2017, 11:55:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Options for 09?  (Read 6048 times, 13 Replies)
Burke6902

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2008, 10:20:49 PM »

Has anyone heard of any new features or options for the 09 Acadias?
SioXie

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 10:26:48 PM »

ive read about a revise center stack with all climate control put on a little bit higher just below the cd player....

for the options : advanced key fob, a detachable DVD system and 3 new set of 20" RIMS.

FYI: you can ask for a 2008 brochure from any GMC dealers or have one mailed to you from the GMC website.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer EVolution

Full Option SLT-2 AWD CARBON BLACK METALLIC w/ Brick Red interior, Captains chair minus Nav and Sunroof
canyonblue737

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 10:34:38 PM »

i think about a 5-10 hp increase with slightly better fuel economy. heated AND cooled leather seats. option for rear view camera screen in rear mirror if you don't have nav. xm nav traffic now offered. some form of blind spot side mirror warning. revised center stack with improved a/c controls. BLUETOOTH for cellphones.

the above are based on chicago autoshow reveals of the traverse and GM stating the traverse items will go to acadia/outlook/enclave in 09 also.

2008 FWD SLT-2 Acadia: Medium Brown with Ebony Leather, Sunroof, Navigation, HUD, and HID.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd row Weathertech FloorLiners, GMC cargo area mat. Aftermarket hitch with OEM Acadia hitch cover.

- custom ordered 01/28/08, delivered 2/20/08 !!!! 23 days !!!!
Kloogee

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:35:44 PM »

Nothing has been publicly released for the '09 Acadias yet.  However, the Chevy Traverse was just announced at the Detroit Auto show in early Feb.  And given the fact that the Traverse is being billed as the low cost sibling of the Acadia, Saturn Outlook, and Buick Enclave, most people pretty much assume the new options GM is putting into that will go into all the other Lambda siblings.

Some of the highlights I can think of off the top of my head are:
- new Direct Injection engine (supposed to give slightly better MPG numbers)
- Cooled seats
- Bluetooth
- Option for getting rear backup camera without requiring Nav
- XM Nav Traffic
- Onstar directions downloaded to Nav

I'm sure there are others notables as well, but those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head.

2008 Acadia SLE AWD w/ tow package, 7-passenger, 6-disc Bose/tri-zone climate, remote start/backup sensors, power seats, Liquid Silver, Ebony Cloth (Nov 2007 build date)
Kloogee

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 10:38:09 PM »

Here is the press release for the Traverse.  You can read through that and probably pick up a few more things we've forgotten to mention.

http://media.gm.com/us/gm/en/news/events/autoshows/08chicago/brands/chevrolet080206/index.html

2008 Acadia SLE AWD w/ tow package, 7-passenger, 6-disc Bose/tri-zone climate, remote start/backup sensors, power seats, Liquid Silver, Ebony Cloth (Nov 2007 build date)
Kloogee

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 10:45:42 PM »

ive read about a revise center stack with all climate control put on a little bit higher just below the cd player....

for the options : advanced key fob, a detachable DVD system and 3 new set of 20" RIMS.

FYI: you can ask for a 2008 brochure from any GMC dealers or have one mailed to you from the GMC website.

I think there was speculation that the center stack was going to be revised, but based on the Traverse pics that have been released so far, it seems to look just like the current Lambda entertainment/climate controls. 

SioXie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 11:41:33 PM »

with all the upcoming options and the pricing, GM will have another successful year with the Lambdas.....  Grin

the only question: who would be the first to upgrade their 07s or 08s with the latest goodies?  Cheers

Full Option SLT-2 AWD CARBON BLACK METALLIC w/ Brick Red interior, Captains chair minus Nav and Sunroof
Blue_2009_SLT2
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Fool me once...

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 11:11:11 PM »

Here is a link to get a PDF with all option info for all GM Models:
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/

Click the circle for "2009" then the one for "Cars/light trucks". You will be advanced to the next page.

On this screen, click on the logo of the company from which you want info*. You will be advanced to the next page.

On this screen, click on "Print Book". A popup will open.

In the popup, select the vehicle you want to "print" from the drop down list.

In the boxes, it is easiest to fill in "Print Model", then click  "Print".

This will not send it to your printer! A PDF will be created, and you can save it for later review. The ones I got for the Traverse/Outlook were about 155~200K, so they are not too big.

I have attached the file I downloaded today, it is 201K.

Lips Sealed It is a quasi-stealth operation with the logo page, but someone cracked the code.

UPDATE 7-25-08
I noted the latest revision date is 7-18-08. I don't know what changed. I downloaded another complete PDF and have attached it. The original PDF was dated 6-27-08.

Life lesson: The two best days owning an Acadia are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. Our $42K Acadia lasted less than 6 years and began to fall apart: radio, hatch, water pump, power steering, TPMS, and now the transmission all within a year.
GAR
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 06:17:04 AM »

with all the upcoming options and the pricing, GM will have another successful year with the Lambdas.....  Grin

the only question: who would be the first to upgrade their 07s or 08s with the latest goodies?  Cheers

I know for sure it won't be us.  Even if you get the 09s there will be something in 10 or 11 that will be better.  I cannot justify taking the hit of initial depreciation more often than necessary.  It's likely that our '08 will still be in our possession in '16 or even '18 and beyond.  I just wonder if there will still be an Acadia by the time we are ready for the next one.

2008 Acadia SLT-1 AWD Red Jewel w/Titanium, Convenience PKG, DVD, 8 pass, Heated Washer. Delivery on 9/17/2007. May 8th Transmission Update 9/24/2008.
2004 Pontiac Vibe
2002 Chevy Tracker 4WD ZR2
SioXie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 09:08:29 PM »

I know for sure it won't be us.  Even if you get the 09s there will be something in 10 or 11 that will be better.  I cannot justify taking the hit of initial depreciation more often than necessary.  It's likely that our '08 will still be in our possession in '16 or even '18 and beyond.  I just wonder if there will still be an Acadia by the time we are ready for the next one.

you got a point there GARSad

nordiskskier

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 11:11:58 PM »

The review of the 2009 Acadia at the link below maybe helpful to you:

http://www.autospectator.com/cars/models/0042027-2009-gmc-acadia

2009 Acadia - SLT2 AWD: Quicksilver/Brick leather interior, HID headlights, NAV radio, Head-up display, 2nd row console, trailering package, 18" wheels. Winter tires: Bridgestone Blizzaks DV-M1 studless. Protective plastic film installed over entire front end - including lamps.
Theresa

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 02:38:37 AM »

For the Bluetooth.... do you have to subscribe to OnStar for it to work? 
bseemore

Brian

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 05:48:43 PM »

No.

2009 Silver Green Metallic / Light Titanium AWD SLT2 with 19's, 223 seating, navi, heated/cooled seats, tech package, dual skyscape & trailering package. Delivered on 07/29/2008.
Glass 1/2 full

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 12:39:04 AM »

you got a point there GARSad

Ditto. I plan on keeping our acadia for a very long time.  

2008 Acadia SLT1 AWD, Red Jewel w/Titanium, DVD, Dual Sky, 8 Pass, Convenience Pkg, Trailering Pkg, Heated Washer (build 01/08, purchased 04/08)
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories