Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
February 22, 2017, 11:55:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Engine with Lambda Option  (Read 24699 times, 68 Replies)
Lambdafan

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 08:30:15 AM »

Caddycruiser:  Where on DealerWorld did you find that information?  Huh?
caddycruiser

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »

Caddycruiser:  Where on DealerWorld did you find that information?  Huh?

I don't have access, but the person who first posted this said the 2009 Traverse is listed in the Locater, with all trims, options, etc:

Have you guys looked at the locator on Dealerworld? If you look at MY 2009 you will see the Traverse FWD and AWD and all of the options and colors.
Smooth
Very blessed, and Very Thankful!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 12:29:27 AM »

CaddyC...  Thx for the info.  I've got my eyes set on an '09 with the DI.  From what I recall, the source you're quoting is what dealers have access to, correct?  Were those model labels for the Acadia, generic Lambda, or a Chev.?  The LTZ reminds me of the Chev. model designator.. at least for the Trailblazer.  Not to speculate, but is Chev. finally joning the Lambda team?

Smooth <><

'09 SLT-2, Nav, HID, Bench, Tow Pkg, Tech Pkg., Wht. Diamond Tri., Lt. Titanium, 18" Whls. (chromed) built 9/15/08, deliv. 9/25/08, obtained 10/20/08.  1987 S-10 Blazer 2X4.  IXOYE
SEL

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 07:30:18 AM »

I'll be stopping by the dealership next Monday, maybe an outside chance that have some early info on the 2009 Lambda lineup.

2008 Acadia SLT2 AWD Carbon Metallic w/ Ebony -  sunroof, rear DVD, HID, HUD, Trailering, Rear Audio - Issues:
- Water pump replaced @ 37.5k
- Passenger DRL bulb burned out @ 42k
- Transmission failure/replaced @ 86k
- Front struts, Rear upper control arm, tranny control module @ 99k
caddycruiser

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2008, 07:47:35 AM »

CaddyC...  Thx for the info.  I've got my eyes set on an '09 with the DI.  From what I recall, the source you're quoting is what dealers have access to, correct?  Were those model labels for the Acadia, generic Lambda, or a Chev.?  The LTZ reminds me of the Chev. model designator.. at least for the Trailblazer.  Not to speculate, but is Chev. finally joning the Lambda team?

Smooth <><

This data is all for the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse, the upcoming 4th Lambda.  It will come in several models, as shown, and also start out cheaper than any of the others so far--hence why it's pretty much guaranteed items that are on it will definitely be on all the others.  The Direct Injection engine, for instance, which is listed as standard.

I'll be stopping by the dealership next Monday, maybe an outside chance that have some early info on the 2009 Lambda lineup.

Dealers really have no other information than that like posted, and only for the 2009 Chevy.  Basically because it's already been put into the GM Dealerworld system, apparently on the Locater (I believe where they would go to search for a vehicle, for instance) with all the trim levels, options, etc.  NO pricing, just trim and equipment.

For the other Lambdas, and the Chevy officially, full information will not be out until the GM ordering guides are posted in March sometime (dealers get it at the same time we can get it, information wise).
Smooth

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 08:05:09 PM »

Quote "This data is all for the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse, the upcoming 4th Lambda.  It will come in several models, as shown, and also start out cheaper than any of the others so far--hence why it's pretty much guaranteed items that are on it will definitely be on all the others.  The Direct Injection engine, for instance, which is listed as standard."

Thx CaddyC..  I'll have to stop by our Chev. dealer and visit with my favorite sales guy.  Hard to tell how I'll like the appearance of the Traverse (wasn't too excited by the "spy shots", but to be fair I've got to see it & sit in it to really know.  Since I've driven a Chev. for the past 21 yrs I may have to at least give it consideration.  But, I'm biased strongly towards the Acadia since I've test-driven them and looked at them for a year now!

Smooth <><

'09 SLT-2, Nav, HID, Bench, Tow Pkg, Tech Pkg., Wht. Diamond Tri., Lt. Titanium, 18" Whls. (chromed) built 9/15/08, deliv. 9/25/08, obtained 10/20/08.  1987 S-10 Blazer 2X4.  IXOYE
caddycruiser

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2008, 09:33:51 PM »

As far as the Traverse...think of Acadia at the core but with a rear more curved like the Enclave, and a face and interior very much like the new '08 Malibu.  You can essentially see it in the vehicles that have been spy photo'd, through the camo, and we'll all see it soon enough.

Regardless, even before then, at least the Traverse information slipping through is good to know as far as the other Lambdas and what they also soon will be getting, for sure.
SioXie

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2008, 10:25:44 PM »

As far as the Traverse...think of Acadia at the core but with a rear more curved like the Enclave, and a face and interior very much like the new '08 Malibu.  You can essentially see it in the vehicles that have been spy photo'd, through the camo, and we'll all see it soon enough.

Regardless, even before then, at least the Traverse information slipping through is good to know as far as the other Lambdas and what they also soon will be getting, for sure.

Sounds to me its a combination of the Enclave and the Acadia.... love the curvature of the roof as well as the 3D taillights. I dont know about you other Acadia owners, seems to me we have a big fight in our hand..... who among the Lamdas has the most bang for the buck.....  Grin

but if it do have the interior of the Malibu, hands down the Traverse will be the winner!!!  Grin

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer EVolution

Full Option SLT-2 AWD CARBON BLACK METALLIC w/ Brick Red interior, Captains chair minus Nav and Sunroof
GAR
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 10:30:42 PM »

Sounds to me its a combination of the Enclave and the Acadia.... love the curvature of the roof as well as the 3D taillights. I dont know about you other Acadia owners, seems to me we have a big fight in our hand..... who among the Lamdas has the most bang for the buck.....  Grin

but if it do have the interior of the Malibu, hands down the Traverse will be the winner!!!  Grin

My dealer is a GMC/Buick/Pontiac dealer.  I did not look at the Outlook and I wouldn't look at the Traverse.  Perhaps part of the reason they are so good to me is that I am so darn loyal.  Dunno which came first.  Smiley  My only decision was between the Buick and the GMC.

2008 Acadia SLT-1 AWD Red Jewel w/Titanium, Convenience PKG, DVD, 8 pass, Heated Washer. Delivery on 9/17/2007. May 8th Transmission Update 9/24/2008.
2004 Pontiac Vibe
2002 Chevy Tracker 4WD ZR2
Smooth

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2008, 12:29:19 AM »

As far as the Traverse...think of Acadia at the core ...

My dealer is a GMC/Buick/Pontiac dealer.  I did not look at the Outlook and I wouldn't look at the Traverse.  Perhaps part of the reason they are so good to me is that I am so darn loyal.  Dunno which came first.  Smiley  My only decision was between the Buick and the GMC.
[/quote]

Well, looks like I should take a look at the Malibu while I'm there too.  I know that I'm not fond of the "googly" tail light assembly of the Trailblazer, so that may be a turn-off if they copied that.  From one of the spy-shots it looked like some circular appendages near the tail lights.  At least I know I can't go wrong with an '09 Acadia, and we'll all have plenty to write about when we see the real-deal Traverse.

PHLFLY

Back with a Vengeance.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2008, 12:29:37 PM »

If even GM will go with new DI engine, so I think it will be like a option. Otherwise GM will loose money on resale the vehicles is coming from lease and SmartBuy. 

2008 Acadia SLE Liquid Silver / Titanium
03' BMW 325 iT
SEL

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2008, 01:58:16 PM »

Good observation, I believe GM wanted the DI engine the entire time but probably was not production ready for the volumes needed besides wanting to give the Caddy CTS a one year of exclusitivity.

2008 Acadia SLT2 AWD Carbon Metallic w/ Ebony -  sunroof, rear DVD, HID, HUD, Trailering, Rear Audio - Issues:
- Water pump replaced @ 37.5k
- Passenger DRL bulb burned out @ 42k
- Transmission failure/replaced @ 86k
- Front struts, Rear upper control arm, tranny control module @ 99k
caddycruiser

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2008, 02:37:23 PM »

If even GM will go with new DI engine, so I think it will be like a option. Otherwise GM will loose money on resale the vehicles is coming from lease and SmartBuy. 

No, standard, every model in all the 4 brands.

Good observation, I believe GM wanted the DI engine the entire time but probably was not production ready for the volumes needed besides wanting to give the Caddy CTS a one year of exclusitivity.

EXACTLY.  Again, I'm not the direct source of this information, but as was said, they actually planned on the Direct-Injection engine and things like the new integrated dash center stacks from the get-go, but things just weren't 100% ready and/or at the proper capacities yet.

And, as you mentioned, there also was--in addition to capacity--things like wanting to first introduce the DI engine on the premier line of GM, Cadillac.  Then, as even the regular 3.6L before has done...it filters down and outward to other brands and other models.
Copperhead13
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 11:11:46 PM »

All of the 2009 Lambda vehicles will have DI on the 3.6L.

Where did this info come from?

2009 GMC Acadia SLE, FWD.              
Quicksilver/Titanium, Convenience/     
Preferred/Visibility/Trailering.
SAC Member
xseler

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2008, 11:15:40 PM »

The new '09 Chevy Traverse will have the 3.6 DI as it's only engine.  The Traverse is supposed to be the 'value leader' of the Lambda platform.  Therefore it follows that the entire range will have this engine.

'08 SLT1 FWD in Liquid Silver, with Titanium leather

As my Dad used to say, "You're never lost until you run out of gas."
When gas got to $4, I almost got lost.
caddycruiser

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2008, 11:44:31 PM »

The new '09 Chevy Traverse will have the 3.6 DI as it's only engine.  The Traverse is supposed to be the 'value leader' of the Lambda platform.  Therefore it follows that the entire range will have this engine.

Precisely thumbs up

And even before that, a highly respected source on GMInsideNews who was familiar with the upcoming GM plans and changes mentioned the standard DI 3.6L, new center stacks, etc.
Smooth

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2008, 12:13:25 AM »

All of the 2009 Lambda vehicles will have DI on the 3.6L.

Where did this info come from?

It's being farily widely reported across many web sites that the DI will be the engine for the Lambdas.  Here just one quote (link to source included):

Powertrain
[1] As cited in the Toronto auto show tribune, the Chevrolet Traverse will feature a 3.6L V6 engine with VVT and direct injection. The other Lambda-based vehicles will get this powertrain update in the 2009 model year. A 6-speed automatic transmission will give power to front or all wheels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Traverse

And, for those of you wanting a better understanding of what the DI does, here's a comprehensive write-up:

How direct injection works

Direct injection differs from the fuel delivery process of a conventional engine by delivering fuel directly into the engine cylinder, where it is mixed with air. The combustion process of conventional fuel injected engines uses air and fuel that partially evaporates in the intake port or intake manifold prior to being introduced into the combustion chamber. Direct injection is a continuation of the evolutionary process of moving the fuel introduction point closer to the cylinder to improve control.

With the 3.6-liter VVT with direct injection, fuel is introduced directly to the cylinder during the intake stroke. As the piston approaches top-dead center, the mixture is ignited by the spark plug.

The fuel injectors are located beneath the intake ports. The intake ports only transfer air, unlike port fuel injection, which flows air and fuel, thus increasing efficiency. D irect injection also permits a slightly higher compression ratio than if the fuel were delivered with conventional fuel injection. The result is better fuel consumption at part and full throttle. The engine uses conventional spark plugs similar to other high-feature V6 engines.

A high-pressure, returnless fuel system is employed. It features a high-strength stainless steel fuel line that feeds a variable-pressure fuel rail. Direct injection requires higher fuel pressure than conventional fuel injected engines and an engine-driven high-pressure fuel pump is used to supply up to 1,740 psi (120 bar) of pressure. The system regulates lower fuel pressure at idle – approximately 508 psi (35 bar) and higher pressure at wide-open throttle. The exhaust cam-driven high-pressure pump works in conjunction with a conventional fuel tank-mounted supply pump.

Direct injection’s fuel delivery enables very efficient combustion to help reduce emissions, particularly on cold starts – the time when most tailpipe emissions are typically created. Also, direct injection permits a higher compression ratio – greater than 11.0:1 in the case of the 3.6 which has a positive influence on fuel economy.   Source of above is:  http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-31563.html

3.6-liter VVT DI

(details continued at link)

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewmonthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=74&docid=25970

keeferb

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2008, 08:53:57 AM »

With the Traverse info showing up at Dealerworld, would this indicate production will start on these ahead of the '09 Acadia?  Are they built in the same plant?

2015 Acadia SLT-1
xseler

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2008, 09:01:08 AM »

Administrator

Tennessee success could shift to Lansing plant
on: February 01, 2008, 01:04:37 PM Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPRING HILL, Tenn. - It's back to work Monday for 2,400 workers at General Motors Corp.'s former Saturn auto plant who have been on furlough since last spring.

There's also a chance that success in Spring Hill could mean it's back to work for GM workers in the Lansing area.

For now, the Tennessee workers will return to the facility for three weeks for training and job selection, GM and United Auto Workers officials said.

The work force will return by late June to begin building the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse crossover utility vehicle that goes on sale in the fall, they said.

If the vehicle proves to be a runaway hit, Detroit-based GM could send overflow production to its assembly plant in Delta Township. The Traverse is built on the Lambda platform, which also is used on the GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave and Saturn Outlook made in Delta Township. All four crossovers are in the same family of vehicles.

The Spring Hill vehicle assembly plant was closed for a $700 million overhaul in March 2006, when production of the Saturn Ion compact car and Vue compact sport utility vehicle ended at that plant.

About 1,200 workers stayed on their jobs in other areas of the plant, making engines for five other GM vehicles and replacement body parts for Saturns. Meanwhile, the former Saturn assembly area and paint shop were gutted and rebuilt in preparation for the Traverse, plant spokeswoman Kate Neary said.

Chevrolet will unveil the Traverse on Wednesday at the Chicago Auto Show.

Automotive analyst Erich Merkle, lead forecaster at research firm IRN Inc. in Grand Rapids, thinks Chevrolet could sell 150,000 Traverses a year. At that rate, GM might need to take action to increase production capacity. "They would need to add another shift," he said. "But would that shift be in Spring Hill or would it be in Delta Township? It's hard to say." A 

This from the Traverse forum.

'08 SLT1 FWD in Liquid Silver, with Titanium leather

As my Dad used to say, "You're never lost until you run out of gas."
When gas got to $4, I almost got lost.
Copperhead13
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2008, 11:11:29 AM »

Well that sure is good news, think I'll hit the auto show on Wednesday!
Good thing my wife and I decided to wait untill 2009 to buy.
So I guess  I'll be getting the DI version....sweet!

2009 GMC Acadia SLE, FWD.              
Quicksilver/Titanium, Convenience/     
Preferred/Visibility/Trailering.
SAC Member
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories