Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
December 19, 2014, 07:51:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadiaforum Window Decals are now available!  Order Here

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hood Open Error, won't go into drive, Help  (Read 3459 times, 15 Replies)
SPSNelson

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2007, 11:29:14 PM »

Just experienced my first problem.  I have around 8000 miles on my Acadia SLT-2.  While I was standing near the car the horn starting going off, I click the key fob and it stopped.  I then started the car to see if everything was OK and there was a ďHOOD OPENĒ error displayed on the dash, along with the check engine light.  The hood was not open, but I opened and closed it several times with no luck at turning off the sensor.  I tried to put the car in drive and it was locked, I also notice the A/C-was not on and would not turn on.  I called ON Star and GMC Roadside they could not do anything for me diagnostically, so it was towed away.  Iím so bummed, Iíve looked through the website and I donít really see anyone with the same problem, but reading through all the problems of others has me really worried.  I love this car, but I fear there is something major wrong, has anyone else heard of this problem and how was it taken care

2007 Acadia SLT-2 Red Jewel-Ebony Leather
2005 Honda Element
1967 Camaro
big bear craig
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 11:35:44 PM »

I doubt something is major.  It will be interesting to see what it is though.
dura_cell

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 08:39:01 AM »

It would sound as though just maybe a hood switch went bad. I am no techie but I could see where the alarm activated by thinking hood opened. You turned off alarm and maybe a safety feature will not allow vehicle to engage to drive with hood open(thought to be open). I'll try mine for that safety on next break.
dura_cell

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 08:41:51 AM »

That had me curious so I tried right away. With hood open i was able to put into gear. That destroys my idea. Good luck. Bang Head
SPSNelson

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 11:20:03 AM »

Thanks for checking, they are working on it now.  I hope it's something easy.

2005 Honda Element
1967 Camaro
SPSNelson

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 07:23:57 PM »

Update, I may have the car back tonight.  They said the problem had something to do with the DVD player the Dealer installed after purchase.  It blew some fuses and confused the on board computer?  They are doing some extensive re-wiring, so we'll see.  This is the second time they have had to re-wire the DVD player.  The last time it only affected the use of the DVD player, not the entire car.  So let's hope it's truly fixed.

2005 Honda Element
1967 Camaro
dura_cell

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 11:05:02 PM »

I hope they are rewiring the DVD player and working from that end, I could see some of those bozo's working from the vehicle end. I've seen the results using that method. I took a picture. As they say, that vehicle was never the same. :-)
SPSNelson

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 02:30:26 AM »

This is the third time they have re-wired the DVD player and hopefully the last.  I guess had I been more patient and waited for an Acadia with a factory installed DVD player this would not be an issue.  Be careful with aftermarket installations, mine was spliced incorrectly causing excessive draw, blown fuses and irregular battery voltage.  headed to Portland next weekend, hope it's truly fixed.  thanks

2005 Honda Element
1967 Camaro
KeNoi

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 12:02:38 PM »

I am also having the same trouble except I don't have a DVD player in my 2007 Acadia. The windows don't work, the key fob doesn't work, the windshield wipers doesn't properly, the car won't shift into any gear, and the error on the gauge cluster read "HOOD OPEN" with the check engine light on as well.  I've been trying to find a solution in these forums but none of the replies have solutions.  I read that your DVD player short circuited your fuses and I'm maybe my Acadia might have a bad fuse or relay.  I won't know until it gets checked out professionally at the dealership.  Hopefully the tow truck can get it out of gear to even get it to the dealership.

I was driving it fine on Saturday June 23, 2012 when all of the sudden it all happened.  I didn't realize it until i tried to put the windows up later that night.  And on Monday June 25, 2012 when I tried to drive it to the dealership.  If you have any ideas or tips please advise.  I really need help here.
rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »

My 1st impression is maybe water got on the fuse box? (do you have sunroof?).

Also- you can pop the hood- and undo the mechanism at the transmission shift point thingy..

allowing you to manually shift trans right at the transmission to get it towed.

This is what some owners have done when the battery is totally dead and they need to shift.

This mechanism is below the Air tube/air filter.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    27,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-   84,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
MedicRxDoc
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 09:15:42 PM »

You need a dealer visit....

2007 Liquid Silver Acadia
2003 Ford Excursion 7.3 L Diesel
KeNoi

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 10:52:40 PM »

Yes I do have a sunroof but it was a clear day and the sunroof closed up easily.  I'd rather not fiddle around with it other than when I tried to check the fuses and relays(those were some tight spots).  The car starts right up so I know the battery isn't dead or dying.  Thanks for the pointers on getting it to move but it looks like more of something I'm going to have to leave up to the dealership to figure out.
GMC Customer Service
Acadia Guru

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 03:26:26 PM »

Please, provide any updates you would like to share about your situation.

Michelle, GMC Customer Service
Kenbass4
Musician, Not Fisherman!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 04:15:13 PM »

Yes I do have a sunroof but it was a clear day and the sunroof closed up easily.  I'd rather not fiddle around with it other than when I tried to check the fuses and relays(those were some tight spots).  The car starts right up so I know the battery isn't dead or dying.  Thanks for the pointers on getting it to move but it looks like more of something I'm going to have to leave up to the dealership to figure out.

The reason they're asking about the sunroof is that the early Acadias (which yours is) had a persistent problem with the drain tubes in the sunroof that would allow water into the electronic components of the vehicle, most often the Body Control Module, which would cause many odd behaviors such as you're experiencing. Have the dealer look for corrosion at the module, and if it's there, see if your drain tubes are pinched.

2011 Acadia Denali AWD, Red Jewel Tintcoat, Light Titanium, Nav, Rear DVD
KeNoi

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »

Will do, thanks.
KeNoi

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 01:30:41 AM »

alright, heres the outcome.  its been a week since i got the 07 acadia back from the dealership n everything seems to check out fine.  what was explained to me was that water somehow leaked in from the sunroof n affected the electrical system.  how n where i have no idea. all i know is that this was an expensive fix. so my advice to any 07 gmc acadia owner is to get it fixed before it happens to you.  luckily it happened to me while parked at home.
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories