Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
April 26, 2017, 07:26:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadiaforum Window Decals are now available!  Order Here

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRACTION CONTROL OFF, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL, SERVICE STABILTRAC, AWD OFF  (Read 28483 times, 16 Replies)
Carbon Black

Ignore
« on: October 17, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »

I wonder if members who may have experienced this issue can offer what was their official diagnosis in their case. Help

I am having the issue of "TRACTION CONTROL OFF, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL, SERVICE STABILTRAC, AWD OFF" first intermittently now permanently. There is no CEL.

I have read extensively across the Lambda network forums and have determined that there is not necessarily a connection of this error with the braking/TC systems. Some have posted issues with Timing chains, heads/cams, ignition issues.(with CEL) For other posts, there are no conclusion as to what the final outcome was to correct this issue.

Background
-2008 SLT.100,000kms
-The vehicle was fully inspected and no problems found
-Well maintained
-I have checked wheel sensors visually (Front) for damage and metallic debris as per TSB
-All brakes are 90% new and fluid is fluid and changed 6 months ago
-Dealer code scan...no codes (before the permanent onset of the warnings)
-No other performance issues noted (other than the lack of TC/ABS/Stabiltrack and AWD features

I would like to hear your issue and official solution as I am spending too much time at the dealer without answers.  Bang Head

My PT warranty and extended is over in two weeks and not sure if this could be minor (wheel sensor/bearing) or major (cam, timing chain, transmission etc) in nature

Thanks!

2008 SLT 2 AWD
220,000 Kms
Successful Preemptive Replacement of Infamous 35R Wave Plate (Like that matters anymore!)

2015 Honda CRV EXL
rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 02:53:45 PM »

How old is your battery?

I believe a battery that is low- can set the messages you mention.
Since a low voltage will not allow the AWD system to work...

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    55,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-  123,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-180,000
Carbon Black

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 03:08:25 PM »

mmmm interesting.

It is the original Battery. (Vehicle in service October 2008)

I had noticed a little slow starting recently (Temperatures just turning cooler in NE Canada)

Perhaps a load test would help rule this out.

Thanks for the insight.

2008 SLT 2 AWD
220,000 Kms
Successful Preemptive Replacement of Infamous 35R Wave Plate (Like that matters anymore!)

2015 Honda CRV EXL
rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 03:53:33 PM »

Inoperative All-Wheel Drive

On some 2008-2010 Enclave; 2007-2010 Equinox, Acadia; 2007-2009 Torrent, OUTLOOK; 2008-2009 VUE; 2010 Terrain; and 2009-2010 Traverse models equipped with All-Wheel Drive, the All-Wheel Drive System may become inoperative with a Service All-Wheel Drive (Service AWD) light On. There may be other various conditions related to a low battery, such as but not exclusive to a no crank or slow engine crank condition or the vehicle may have been jump-started recently.

The vehicle is still operational in two-wheel drive mode. Technicians may find DTC C0550 set as a current or history DTC in the Clutch Control Module (CCM). This may occur due to low voltage presence in the system.

If DTC C0550 is stored in the CCM, follow these steps prior to replacement of the CCM:

1.     Verify that DTC C0550 is set as a current DTC or history DTC in the CCM.

2.     Check that the battery voltage level is above 9 volts. If the battery voltage level is low, perform a charging system diagnosis, parasitic draw test and battery load test. Repair as necessary.

3.     Clear DTCs and turn off the ignition for at least 2 minutes.

4.     Turn on the ignition and wait for 40 seconds. If DTC C0550 does not reset in the CCM, it may have been induced by a low voltage condition. If DTC C0550 resets as a current DTC, follow the normal SI diagnostic procedure.

ls973800
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 11:39:31 AM »

If not the battery, I would re-vist the wheel sensors which you said were VISUALLY inspected (the front sensors.)  I have had GM's which had bad sensors, broken or frayed wires, bad connectors, ect and were not visible to the eye.  A scan tool can be used to verify the condition of ALL sensors, not just the front ones.  One of my Oldsmobiles would only turn on all of those lights you mentioned (except AWD because it was FWD) only when driven in wet conditions.  It was a bad connector, and the lights would go off once everything dried off.

You also mentioned that no codes were found, but this was before the light stayed on permanently.  I would get another scan to see if any codes are now stored.  You can stop at most major auto parts stores and they will do this for free, unless you live in California where it is against the law for them to do so.

Hopefully what rbarrios posted is the cause, but if not, check the items I mentioned.  If you are not low on brake fluid, you could probable rule out the bad master cylinder which also tends to turn on those lights.

2010 Summit White Traverse LTZ,  SOLD 4/2012
2015 Traverse 2LT Siren Red Tintcoat-36 Month Lease
Carbon Black

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 09:01:46 PM »

Ok, I finally got some answers from my dealer. Not so bad after all. :Smiley

Now with the permanent fault in place, they were able to pull code C0045 for L/R speed sensor. They replaced sensor, cleared code...all ok

I also got the air bag corroded harness issues corrected per letter from GM.

Bad combination of no: TC, ABS, stabiltrac and AWD coupled with faulty air bag. so sad

Anyhoo, should be good for another week before something else gives out.

I appreciate that stuff breaks and wears out...sometimes in pattern failures and sometimes unanticipated. The arrogant dealer experience does not help with the chronic reliability problems with this vehicle (which is otherwise an excellent design). I have had all the pattern failures reported by other posters except for water leak from sunroof and transmission failure (wave plate). If the major faults I experienced were corrected and dealer performance was improved, a new Denali-Acadia would be the next purchase without hesitation.

Thanks rbarrios and ls973800 for good advice on this issue that can has sometimes originate from different systems.

2008 SLT 2 AWD
220,000 Kms

2015 Honda CRV EXL
rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 10:37:17 AM »

Youre welcome Carbon.

GMC Customer Service
Acadia Guru

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 05:34:14 PM »

Ok, I finally got some answers from my dealer. Not so bad after all. :Smiley

Now with the permanent fault in place, they were able to pull code C0045 for L/R speed sensor. They replaced sensor, cleared code...all ok

I also got the air bag corroded harness issues corrected per letter from GM.

Bad combination of no: TC, ABS, stabiltrac and AWD coupled with faulty air bag. so sad

Anyhoo, should be good for another week before something else gives out.

I appreciate that stuff breaks and wears out...sometimes in pattern failures and sometimes unanticipated. The arrogant dealer experience does not help with the chronic reliability problems with this vehicle (which is otherwise an excellent design). I have had all the pattern failures reported by other posters except for water leak from sunroof and transmission failure (wave plate). If the major faults I experienced were corrected and dealer performance was improved, a new Denali-Acadia would be the next purchase without hesitation.

Thanks rbarrios and ls973800 for good advice on this issue that can has sometimes originate from different systems.

Carbon Black,

I'm happy that your concerns were resolved during your service visit. By all means, keep us updated on the operation of your Acadia and don't hesitate to contact us if any further concerns arise.

Sincerely,

William R.
GMC Customer Care

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
JSAcadia2010

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 12:21:38 PM »

I wonder if members who may have experienced this issue can offer what was their official diagnosis in their case. Help

I am having the issue of "TRACTION CONTROL OFF, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL, SERVICE STABILTRAC, AWD OFF" first intermittently now permanently. There is no CEL.

I have read extensively across the Lambda network forums and have determined that there is not necessarily a connection of this error with the braking/TC systems. Some have posted issues with Timing chains, heads/cams, ignition issues.(with CEL) For other posts, there are no conclusion as to what the final outcome was to correct this issue.

Background
-2008 SLT.100,000kms
-The vehicle was fully inspected and no problems found
-Well maintained
-I have checked wheel sensors visually (Front) for damage and metallic debris as per TSB
-All brakes are 90% new and fluid is fluid and changed 6 months ago
-Dealer code scan...no codes (before the permanent onset of the warnings)
-No other performance issues noted (other than the lack of TC/ABS/Stabiltrack and AWD features

I would like to hear your issue and official solution as I am spending too much time at the dealer without answers.  Bang Head

My PT warranty and extended is over in two weeks and not sure if this could be minor (wheel sensor/bearing) or major (cam, timing chain, transmission etc) in nature

Thanks!

Starting here, because I'm clueless as to where else to start...

2010 Acadia SLT - 120k miles

I started having issues with the same (Service Stabiltrak, Service Traction Control, Traction Control Off) along with some others, like my Remote Start just stopped working (the same time as the Service S, TC warnings came up), and Service Air Bag.  I didn't notice any really weird things when driving, other than ONLY when I turned left it would get a really odd ... Airy ... sound to it. 

Ran the codes, only one that popped up was the MAF sensor.  Made plans to address the issue, but before the weekend came around I started getting rough driving, the engine would stutter randomly, for a few days, then nothing for a few days... ending with a crank no start on a Friday after work.  It would TRY to start, but just sounded whiny and not fully into committing to the start.

That evening it was looked out by a knowledgeable friend... who discovered oil in the intake, MAF.  Had it towed the next morning to where it now sits.  The spark plugs were all horribly fouled.  Replaced all those, and the MAF sensor.  Hooked everything back up, Still Crank no Start.  Just doing a little trouble-shooting, we discovered that if we pulled off the Purge Valve it would start, roughly, but die after a second or two.  I (through my sub par research decided it needed a new TB so I got one).  We could hear/feel the new one working (whereas the old one wasn't), and it would start, just not stay on. 

It sounds like the timing is off, and the new code that popped up is P0336, and the Service Stabiltrak/Traction Control Off messages have gone away.  Service Airbag is still there.  (the plan is to test/change the crankshaft position sensor - I just have a feeling that won't help and I'll just end up having to try to diagnose another possible reason my car won't start and/or stay running).

OH!  I forgot... there is an obvious drain on my battery.  The battery is good.  I had to charge it over night (due to the drain), it held a charge all day, I then took it to where I bought it from for them to do a load test, they tested it with 3 different battery testers (the last being called "The battery Killer") and it tested good.  886 *cranking amps I think* with the Battery Killer.  I took it home, hooked it up, it cranked/started for 2 secs before it died out.  It sounded like my lawnmower when I run out of gas.  (No other way to describe it).  It has that 'fading' engine die.  AND!! (another thing I forgot to mention)  My GAS drops quick.  I was one line above half a tank in the AM, drove it less than 3 miles and it was on half a tank when I got int it again.  Apparently, attempting to start it multiple times (though, not really all that much) over the past week has used a lot of gas, (or it's just not gauging correctly?) because its in between 1/2 and 1/4 now. 

I've tried to research... A LOT... and all I've found is a million different possible reasons with just as many possible solutions.  So I thought I'd try actually posting to see if one of you Gurus could offer ideas/suggestions - other than taking it to the dealer. 

rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 12:29:46 PM »

what are the other codes that came up.

and Remote start is automatically disabled when the CEL comes on.

JSAcadia2010

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 12:39:41 PM »

P0101 was the original code that popped up.  MAF - replaced (after discovering oil was everywhere)

P0121 popped up next, replaced the TB

P0336 is the newest one to pop up.  Haven't replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor yet, but I bought one. 

However, that code has actually disappeared... the battery was removed to charge it, then I took it yesterday evening to test it, and replaced it.  The Check Engine light is on, but there are no codes popping up.

I tried searching for that (Check Engine - No Codes) but I guess that crazy stuff only happens to my Acadia.   Undecided Bang Head

Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia NIRVANA

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 01:31:05 PM »

Could it be the ECM is dying?  shrug

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
forevr5688

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 07:43:32 PM »

Is this what you're experiencing?  https://youtu.be/Bw_zN6VDuTQ

I've been bringing the car back to the dealer almost every other month for the issue.  They keep doing the same fix.  Lasts for about a month and happens all over again.  Very dangerous because the car goes into limp mode in the middle of the road.  Usually starts off with the service airbag light.  Then that goes away.  Shortly after that, we get the whole set of errors as seen in the video.  I'm at a loss.  Been going on for 2yrs now. If anyone knows of a fix, please share. 

Thanks.
Speleos
Acadia NIRVANA

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 09:06:04 AM »

forevr5688: If the engine is off and the key is on in your video, you should see many more telltale lights than just the traction control. The car is out of gas!!

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
1995 Chevy C-2500
electbc

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 09:14:54 AM »

Is this what you're experiencing?  https://youtu.be/Bw_zN6VDuTQ

I've been bringing the car back to the dealer almost every other month for the issue.  They keep doing the same fix.  Lasts for about a month and happens all over again.  Very dangerous because the car goes into limp mode in the middle of the road.  Usually starts off with the service airbag light.  Then that goes away.  Shortly after that, we get the whole set of errors as seen in the video.  I'm at a loss.  Been going on for 2yrs now. If anyone knows of a fix, please share. 

Thanks.
OK So what is the fix that the dealer keep performing on it?
forevr5688

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 07:15:13 PM »

Speleos - Car is running and not out of gas.  When these errors happen and cycle through, all the guages go down to zero as if nothing is on but in fact everything is on.  I could be driving 65mph on the highway and this would happen.  All the guages would drop down to zero, cycle through the errors for minutes, and then go away and the guages go back to normal like nothing happens.

Electbc - They keep going by the service bulletin.  Dilectric grease on connectors, reset yaw sensor and recently fuel contro module.  Nothing helps.  I need more options.
Speleos
Acadia NIRVANA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 07:31:11 PM »

Electbc - They keep going by the service bulletin.  Dielectric grease on connectors, reset yaw sensor and recently fuel contro module.  Nothing helps.  I need more options.

Do you have a citation for this service bulletin?

You're saying that in nearly 2 years of fighting the same problem no one has changed the ECM?!?! Seems like a computer failure to me!

1995 Chevy C-2500
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories