Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
December 20, 2014, 12:45:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acadia MY2007 Water Pump Failure letter from GMC  (Read 3043 times, 6 Replies)
klah2u

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2013, 11:21:29 PM »

Well of course our Acadia is still at the dealer waiting for a replacement transmission so I was surprised today when we recieved a letter from GMC stating they want to make us aware that some model year 2007 GMC Acadia may have a condition where engine coolant leaks from the water pump shaft seal and may result in water pump failure.
In bold letters a paragraph states... DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE TO YOUR GMC DEALER AS A RESULT OF THIS LETTER UNLESS YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR VEHICLE HAS THE CONDITION DESCRIBED ABOVE.
hmmm... I'll have to ask my wife if she is prepared to check the water pump shaft seal regularly while driving around town in her high heels and office wear.
In a paragraph titled What We Have Done that state: GMC is providing owners with an additional protection for the condition described above. If this condition occurs on your 2007 GMC Acadia within 10 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service OR 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge. Keep this letter with other important literature in your glove box for future reference. They go on to state repairs have to be done at a GMC dealer.
The letter is dated May 2013.

MY2007 SLT1 White Diamond Tricoat
kram

Smooth....

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 06:37:45 AM »

I'm still waiting for my letter (if it will arrive, traded-in the vehicle last April). Water pump died at ~65k+ miles and repaired at GM stealership.

2013 Buick Enclave, WDT
2012 Buick Regal, Black Onyx
2007 GMC Acadia, Deep Blue
rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 10:49:59 AM »

Well of course our Acadia is still at the dealer waiting for a replacement transmission so I was surprised today when we recieved a letter from GMC stating they want to make us aware that some model year 2007 GMC Acadia may have a condition where engine coolant leaks from the water pump shaft seal and may result in water pump failure.
In bold letters a paragraph states... DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE TO YOUR GMC DEALER AS A RESULT OF THIS LETTER UNLESS YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR VEHICLE HAS THE CONDITION DESCRIBED ABOVE.
hmmm... I'll have to ask my wife if she is prepared to check the water pump shaft seal regularly while driving around town in her high heels and office wear.
In a paragraph titled What We Have Done that state: GMC is providing owners with an additional protection for the condition described above. If this condition occurs on your 2007 GMC Acadia within 10 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service OR 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge. Keep this letter with other important literature in your glove box for future reference. They go on to state repairs have to be done at a GMC dealer.
The letter is dated May 2013.

it appears your letter is worded differently than the letter I got....
Mine mentions nothing of what you say

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    27,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-   84,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
klah2u

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 07:06:24 PM »

rbarrios- I wonder if that is because you have a different model year??

MY2007 SLT1 White Diamond Tricoat
johnnycnote

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 02:20:46 PM »

The engine light came on and dumped fluid in my garage last night. I took the 2008 Acadia to the local repair shop where sure Awesome.. Dealer service closed on a Saturday. 4 hours later I pick up my rental car.  Thanks for a great Saturday GMC.  My transmission broke at 78K and Water Pump at 82K.  Thanks for the reliability.
GMC Customer Service
Acadia Guru

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 03:52:20 PM »

The engine light came on and dumped fluid in my garage last night. I took the 2008 Acadia to the local repair shop where sure Awesome.. Dealer service closed on a Saturday. 4 hours later I pick up my rental car.  Thanks for a great Saturday GMC.  My transmission broke at 78K and Water Pump at 82K.  Thanks for the reliability.

johnnycnote,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. Private message if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care
bigbiz187

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 08:10:44 PM »

it appears your letter is worded differently than the letter I got....
Mine mentions nothing of what you say
I got the same exact letter as klah2u, my MIL is looking forward to her $700 refund (the water pump failed before I bought the car from her). Now lets hope we get a similar letter for the power steering and trans....

I wonder why your letter was different? What does yours say?

2008 GMC Acadia (GONE, traded in)
2010 Chevrolet Equinox (the wife's)
2011 Subaru Legacy
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories