Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
November 26, 2014, 01:16:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liftgate Tail Lights  (Read 3782 times, 8 Replies)
djbibiloni
Forum lurker...owner extraordinaire

Drink'n the kool aid since forever

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2013, 06:31:01 AM »

My driver's side tail lamp went out (the one on the liftgate). I went to AutoZone to source a bulb and found out that it is LED. The sales person told me I would have to order one through the dealer.

Upon further searching it seems as though the unit is sealed and I wont be able to replace the bulb alone. Is this true? Do I need to buy a new assembly or is there a bulb number I can order and replace?

While I'm asking, my right mirror signal is also out.  I read that GM likes to replace the whole mirror cover for like $800? Isn't there a part number for just the LED? I know I can access it by removing the mirror lens and swapping the LED.

Thank you in advance! Grin

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

2007 AWD SLT1: Titanium leather, Silver Mist,  WeatherTech Mats, Tinted Windows, 2xSky, ChromeStock Grille, Blacked out Emblems, Chrome mirrors, OnStar, XM, Bose, Navigation and Rear Camera, Stubby Antenna, Bluetooth, Hoen Xenonmatch Hi Beams, 4300k HIDs and wanting some Denali chrome wheels
djbibiloni

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 06:33:46 AM »

Found the thread on the mirror signal: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=11595.0

Now if I could just find the liftgate info!

2007 AWD SLT1: Titanium leather, Silver Mist,  WeatherTech Mats, Tinted Windows, 2xSky, ChromeStock Grille, Blacked out Emblems, Chrome mirrors, OnStar, XM, Bose, Navigation and Rear Camera, Stubby Antenna, Bluetooth, Hoen Xenonmatch Hi Beams, 4300k HIDs and wanting some Denali chrome wheels
tm59

All things being equal... buy American

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 10:10:12 AM »

I just bought the mirror led from GMPartsDirect.  I think it was around $50 with freight.  I'm going to try to put it in this weekend (time allowing).  Maybe they have liftgate taillight too.

'14 Acadia Denali, Crystal Red, H&C Ebony, 0 miles - arrived on July 17, 2013
'07 Acadia SLT-2, Liquid Silver, Ebony, 129,000 miles - departed on July 17, 2013
09Enclave
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 01:24:31 PM »

This is odd because I was just watching MotorWeek last night and they were talking about replacing standard bulbs with LED's, and they said LED's should last so long....you shouldn't need to replace them again.  Probably false claim, just like the new type of household bulbs, the curly ones......claim they should last X more amount of hours, that's so much B.S. I can't get a shovel big enough to scoop it.  :Smiley Standard household, old style light bulbs, last SO much longer, at least our experience.

Guess I'm sorry to read about the mirror lights, that's too bad if those can't just be replaced without the whole mirror being swapped out.

2009 Enclave CX FWD, silver green with ebony cloth, driver's confidence pkg, tow pkg, 8-passenger seating.
djbibiloni

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 05:13:42 PM »

I just bought the mirror led from GMPartsDirect.  I think it was around $50 with freight.  I'm going to try to put it in this weekend (time allowing).  Maybe they have liftgate taillight too.

Let us know how it goes. I found the lamp on gmpartsclub and when I cross referenced the part number with gmpartsdirect, it came up with the liftgate Applique...hmmm.

djbibiloni

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 06:18:58 AM »

Bump for help with whether or not the backup lamp assembly is sealed or will I be able to replace the LEDs.

Thanks in advance!

djbibiloni

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 08:39:31 PM »

Huh???

djbibiloni

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 12:40:14 PM »

Confirmed sealed unit from a forum member as well as my local GM parts guy. Best price online is from Total Parts Solution  on eBay for $79 shipped for a new OEM unit.

R-D

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »

Confirmed sealed unit from a forum member as well as my local GM parts guy. Best price online is from Total Parts Solution  on eBay for $79 shipped for a new OEM unit.

Nice price, I had to get mine from the dealer ... $214 + tax, couldnt find a left side one on eBay that would ship to Canada.

Quick replacement:
1) Pry the plastic cover off the interior liftgate handle, remove the 2 scres and take out the handle.
2) Pry out the two retaining tabs you will see right next to the latching mechanism.
3) Pull down at various points around the liftgate to release the inside retaining tabs - I think there were 6 or 7 spread around the edges. Before you get to the sides, disconnect the small wiring harness for the accessory light and the one for the power liftgate button (if enabled). The tabs up where it attaches to the trim around the rear window are hooked over the tabs for the upper trim, if you just release the first tab on the upper trim the lower interior trim should be free and clear.
4) Disconnect the plug from the back of the tail light, take out the torx (T15 I think) screw from the retaining bracket on the back of the light. Take out the three bolts (10mm) and you will be able to remove the headlight by lifting straight up.

thumbs up

05/12/2011 : 2011 JEEP PATRIOT 4X4 LTD, FD-II, CVT OFF ROAD, MEDIA CENTER 430N, BLACKBERRY w/DK. SLATE LEATHER
04/21/2009 : 2007 ACADIA SLT2 AWD, BLUE w/LT. TITANIUM LEATHER, NAV, XM, DVD, SUNROOF, 19", TOW, HUD
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories