Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
April 23, 2014, 07:47:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Poll
Question: Are You Experiencing This Problem?
Yes - 65 (50%)
No - 53 (40.8%)
Not Applicable (no pwr liftgate) - 12 (9.2%)
Total Voters: 130

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merged: Power liftgate problems  (Read 22676 times, 67 Replies)
xcskier

Ignore
« on: May 19, 2007, 08:16:12 PM »

I have an occasional problem with the auto rear liftgate.  For no obvious reason, during closing it will reverse itself and go back up to the full open position.

This happens with no physical obstruction.  It gets about 1/3 of the way down, then goes back up. 

Is there some sort of visual sensor (similar to rear parking assist)?  I'm wondering if it "sees" stuff in the back or even reflected sunlight off the bumper or silver trim on the floor of the trunk. 

Former owner (traded May 2012) of:  2007 Red Jewel SLT-2 AWD; HID; HUD; 18's; trailer package; 2nd row bench; titanium leather; roof rails and crossbars
buleczka

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 10:56:05 AM »

I had the same problem this is part of a recall on the lifegate switch...I took it to the dealer and then fixed the problem....
Racefla

2/10/07-2/10/11 51000 Miles. Happy Birthday!!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 04:26:04 PM »

When parked on a steep hill I have had it reverse when closing, and a few times when something in back is even close to the hatch.

07 Carbon/Brick SLT2 4SB
A/F Member #24
kjf
Early Acadia Adopter
Global Moderator

Bill's still the Cat

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 05:45:15 PM »

I suggest modifying the poll to add "not applicable", so those of us without the power liftgage can easily see the poll results.

Kelly

2007 silver Acadia SLT-1 AWD; 2002 Lexus RX300 (my wife's car); 2003 Honda Civic Coupe (my daughter's car); 2005 Kia Spectra SX (my son's car).
Adam Boca
Super Duper Mod Award!

Carbon Metallic:Brick Interior:SLT1

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 05:45:39 PM »

Not having that problem here, but a friend that has one has a similar issue..

His opens when he is no where near the car or the fob!

Adam

:Wifes:2007 Acadia:Carbon Met:Brick Interior:SLT1:
:My:2000:Chevrolet:Corvette:Dark Bowling Green Met:Oak Interior:6-speed:
:Wifes:1969:Chevrolet:Corvette:Monza Red:Red Interior:4-speed:
xcskier

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 11:32:40 PM »

Poll modified, but I don't understand the need.  Can't everyone see the results at the top of the thread? 

This is all new stuff to me! 

Former owner (traded May 2012) of:  2007 Red Jewel SLT-2 AWD; HID; HUD; 18's; trailer package; 2nd row bench; titanium leather; roof rails and crossbars
charge

Member #961

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 11:26:35 PM »

Poll modified, but I don't understand the need.  Can't everyone see the results at the top of the thread? 

This is all new stuff to me! 

Not unless you vote but one can easily click "View results" and see them that way.

SLT2 AWD, Carbon Metallic/Titanium Leather
Danno-57

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 12:58:45 PM »

I have had my 2007 Acadia for 2 weeks, and its funny, but I parked it, and 1 hr later my wife asked me what I was doing in the SUV??? So I looked and my Liftgate was open??, So I shut it, then thinking I hit my key by accident, then the next day after getting gas, I heard Road Noise, I had taken off and found my back liftgate was open, pull over and shut it, since then, it opens ocassionally for no reason. I read your posts and will take it to the GM Dealership for a fix, Thanks everybody.

Danno
Rollin' Thunder

"BILLY'S GOT HIS BEER GOGGLES ON" Neal McCoy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 01:30:21 PM »

have not had a problem yet but it sounds like a bad one to have it open while DRIVING !!!!!!!!!!!!!  it can also be dangerous.

family cars-5 drivers
08 acadia, slvr, ebony- no 19, or dvd ( but everything else)- b-day present from dad to mom.
08 Buick enclave cxl Awd, plat mit/ titanium
08 sierra Denali
06 GMC Yukon xl slt2- Rollin' thunder
06 Chevy corvette-
01 Lincoln continental
86 Cadillac fleetwood
84 Merced
mitchl

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 03:22:03 PM »

Here are the conditions where I have had the close function abort:

1) On a fairly significant hill where the right rear was the low point, it was about 5-10 degrees tilted right, and 10 degrees tilted rearward. 

2) And this has happened multiple times: When I have remote started the car either with the liftgate up, or when the liftgate is opening.   

I have had it also when there is an obstruction of some sort sensed by the door, but that is a different condition.  In the examples above, it will come down about 18-24 inches and then stop and reverese.   

When there is a possible obstruction, it goes all the way closed and then before it does the last half-inch seal and latch, it opens back up.   That was legitimate during a trip, when probably the manual closing I did actually did force contents to shift as it closed.  (My golf bag primarily which did leave dirt on the back door where it was contacting it.

Since I figured out the correlation with #2 above, I adjusted my behavior to start the car before the liftgate is opened or after it is closed (or I will manually close it if I do start the car, instead of attempting a powered close).  When the car is not started with the liftgate open, I have not had a recurrance of that issue, only on the tilt, or with an obstruction.

2012 Nissan Altima - Purch May 2012
2012 Nissan Frontier - Purch May 2012
2007 GMC Acadia FWD SLT2, Deep Blue, Titanium Leather, 2Row Bench, DVD, HUD. -- Ord Feb 07, Delivered Apr 07, Traded May 12
2008 White Mustang- V6 Pony Package, Tan Leather, 5 Speed.  Purch Jun 08, Traded May 12
zinc

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 04:37:19 PM »

I have had this problem some times as well. Man do you look stupid hitting the button walking to the drivers seat and get ready to back out only to have the computer tell you "lift gate open". I have had to close the gate three times before I had success. One time I turned off the power to close manually. Anyway I am heading to the dealer to have them look at a few other problems. This is on the list.

2007 Acadia LT1 - Dk Blue - DVD - SNRF - HUD
jlogan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 04:58:16 PM »

If I turn my power liftgate off one the console, when I try to manually open it the power latching system seems to take over and suck the liftgate right back into the locked position.  It does not do this everytime, but has done it a couple of times.  Anyone else with this problem.

2007 Acadia SLT-2 Med Brown Titanium
2001 Chevrolet 1500HD
1970 Chevelle (454, Turbo 400, 390 posi)
jonv112

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 05:13:36 PM »

I think that's normal. Many high-end cars, even without a power liftgate, like a Mercedes Benz, feature a power assist closer to help pull the trunk or liftgate completely shut. Like me, I have had many times where the liftgate was too heavy or my arms were too full to completely shut on one try, and the car would tell me the liftgate was open, while on a higher end car it would close the gap automatically using a motor. I tried this on a 2006 SRX and you can hear the motor engage immediately after you pull up on the liftgate handle to open it, and if you let go right after, the liftgate would be assisted shut by the motor.

Hope this helps!  thumbs up

2005 Sport Red Montana SV6 1SC ext, Touring Package, Trailering Package, Auto-leveling rear shocks, Air inflator kit, Dual Power Sliding Doors, DVD Entertainment system, Rear Spoiler, 17" Chrome Wheels, Traction Control, Stabilitrak,
hightech

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 06:34:18 AM »

Most likely not the same issue, but I noticed last night that my wife was having a heck  of a time with our power liftgate and the key fob, after further investigation, I found out she told me she had to hold the button down until the door was fully open or fully closed or the gate would reverse.  Myself having used it before with the key fob knew this was not right, what I found was she was holding the fob button down WAY to long and then having to hold it down or it would reverse, I showed her how to just push it to activate, kinda listening for the motor or just watching for the lights to blink then letting go quickly, worked perfectly.  I did notice though after watching some nephews ball game and going back to the acadia, the rear liftgate would not open with the key fob, turns out after several attempts I pushed the handle/button on the gate itself on the outside and it seems the door wasnt fully closed (it should have closed all the way when we got the chairs out, and it didnt reverse, just wasnt fully latched) after hitting the button/latch, the door fully closed and then it would open with the key fob, gonna have to keep an eye on that one, starting to make a list for the dealer, nothing major so far, just annoyances.

07 Acadia, Deep Blue Met, Titanium, SLT-2, HID, HUD, Rear DVD, XM, Dual Sunroofs, 19" Wheels
shellbell

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 02:41:47 PM »

I've been having this problem with the remote. If I press the button on the door, it usually works fine. But if I don't hold down the remote button long enough, the door reverses. But when I hold down the button for several seconds, the door jerks and then continues closing. Do you think this is a bad thing? I haven't checked the manual to see how long you're supposed to hold the button down.

2007 Acadia SLT-2 AWD, Red Jewel/Titanium, HID, HUD, NAV, DVD, Sunroof, 8 Passenger
petroc

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 09:27:56 AM »

Have driven acadia for almost 2 weeks and love it!  Very quiet ride and very comfortable.  Just now playing around with remote start, what a feature!!!  With these 90+ degree days, sure comes in handy.  However, have had a few minor things to tweek:  1)  Just started noticing when we open the doors, the rear liftgage will unlock.  You then have to go back and close the liftgate shut.  Called the dealer and they are ordering a new electronic switch piece to hopefully take care of problem.  The dealer said this liftgate issue was on his GMC bulletin list of issues that have been reported.  Has anybody had any issues with their liftgate automatically unlocking???

Also tried the lumbar feature recently and would not work.  My lumbar feature is just a lever on the upper right sides of both the driver and passenger side of front seats.  You are supposed to just rotate the lever up and down for increased/decreased lumbar support.  However, driver side lumbar lever is apparently not "catching" with the mechanism inside the seat.  Dealer said they would look at.

Just thought I would bring these to the attention of this great acadia forum.  I haven't read where these were issues for anybody else.  These are very minor, Acadia is great!! 

ACADIA owner!!  SLT1, Red Jewel, XM, DVD Entertainment, Convenience
Acadia4VA-WV

The wait is over....

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 09:58:08 AM »

With a SLT-2, can't comment on the lumbar issue.  On the rear gate, yes, ours "unlocks" when you unlock the doors, but we don't have to open a close it.  Haven't ever gotten a "liftgate open" message on the DIC with just "unlocking" the doors from the key fob.

I checked the owners manual and, yes, you should be unlocking the doors and liftgate, but the liftgate shouldn't become "ajar" or "open."  Unless you're pressing the liftgate open button too.

2007 Acadia SLT-2 AWD, Carbon, Ebony, HID, HUD, NAV, DVD, Sunroof, Towing, Rear controls, 19s (build 2/2007; bought 3/6; delivered 3/9) Pics
Other cars:
2002 VW Cabrio GLX (such fun)
MommaRita

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 06:07:25 PM »

So far no problems here.....have really enjoyed the ease and convenience of having auto tail lift.  When my hands and full from shoping, it's nice to have help.
Acadia4VA-WV

The wait is over....

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 06:10:58 PM »

No problems on my Acadia either.  Once we had plants in the back end and the gate stopped and went back up.  Once we move them in another few inches, it closed fine.

2007 Acadia SLT-2 AWD, Carbon, Ebony, HID, HUD, NAV, DVD, Sunroof, Towing, Rear controls, 19s (build 2/2007; bought 3/6; delivered 3/9) Pics
Other cars:
2002 VW Cabrio GLX (such fun)
Gogorhino

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 11:55:52 AM »

I had liftgate issues.  I purchased my 2007 Acadia on Memorial Day and on my 2nd day of having it I had 3 problems occur.  The remote start would not work, the rear air would not get cool, and my liftgate would not work correctly.  You had to keep the liftgate button on OFF and open and close the door manually.  I took it back to the dealer and, after 4 days of waiting, I went last night to pick it up.  Now the liftgate and the remote start seem to be working fine, but the rear air is still not cooling.  Needless to say...I left it with dealer to have that repaired and haven't heard anything from them yet. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories