Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
April 24, 2014, 09:32:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadiaforum Window Decals are now available!  Order Here

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the forum - 2009 Acadia intermittent problem  (Read 2373 times, 8 Replies)
jmorales22

Ignore
« on: April 04, 2012, 02:35:28 PM »

Hello everyone. Before I get started, yes I did a search through the forums before deciding to make a post here. I have a 2009 GMC Acadia which, after getting the timing chain recall done in December, has this hard to replicate stutter/hesitation problem. It only happens occasionally, usually when the vehicle is just starting out from overnight (so the engine is warming up) and at speeds close to 20-40mph.

A search on the forums turned up several possibilities based on problems others have had:
1) Ignition coil on one more more cylinders
2) Stretched timing chain
3) 3-4 wave plate on transmission

The problem with all of these possibilities is that in every other such case, there has been a CEL. On my vehicle, no error has ever been generated. Worst of all, after keeping the vehicle for two days, GMC service says they can't reproduce the problem.  It may not happen for days or even a week, before happening again. I don't drive it every day so it's hard to say for sure though.  I did ask the dealer to check the plugs and they say that they have, although I can't be sure they just haven't bothered to touch anything since they haven't reproduced the problem while driving.

Before I go pick it up, and wait for it to happen again, is there any advice that anybody has for me to ask them to check for, or look for myself?

I appreciate it.
rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 05:22:58 PM »

2007-2011
 Acadia, Camaro, CTS, Enclave, Equinox, G6, G8, LaCrosse, Malibu, OUTLOOK, SRX, STS, Terrain, Torrent, Traverse, VUE - Intermittent engine hesitation or flutter without DTCs
 do this---Correct camshaft position sensor - bank 1 exhaust or bank 1 intake harness connector terminals
dont do this--- Replace crank sensor and/or ECM
Ref- PI0090C

2004 - 2011
 Acadia, Camaro, CTS, Enclave, Equinox, G6, G8, LaCrosse, Malibu, OUTLOOK, SRX, STS, Terrain, Torrent, Traverse, VUE -- Intermittent engine hesitation or flutter without DTC
do this-- Inspect and correct intake CMP sensor bank 1 connector terminals for intermittent conditions or poor connection
dont do this--- Replace ECM or crank sensor
 REF--PI0090B

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    20,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-   77,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-172,000
rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 05:25:12 PM »

there is a nother one- that calls for updated programming--- issues are misfires and CEL light lit-- when engine is cold...

but it sets the CEL-- your issues does not... so I didnt post it

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    20,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-   77,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-172,000
capecodacadia
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »

rbarrios, you are a gold mine of information.  thumbs up

2008 Acadia SLT2 (AWD) - Deep Blue Metallic with Titanium leather - HID, HUD, XM, OnStar, dual moon roofs, touch screen NAV w/rear view camera, entertainment package (DVD/Bose), remote start... but no darn ashtray! Build date 28Aug07
GMC Customer Service
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 10:48:09 AM »

Hello everyone. Before I get started, yes I did a search through the forums before deciding to make a post here. I have a 2009 GMC Acadia which, after getting the timing chain recall done in December, has this hard to replicate stutter/hesitation problem. It only happens occasionally, usually when the vehicle is just starting out from overnight (so the engine is warming up) and at speeds close to 20-40mph.

A search on the forums turned up several possibilities based on problems others have had:
1) Ignition coil on one more more cylinders
2) Stretched timing chain
3) 3-4 wave plate on transmission

The problem with all of these possibilities is that in every other such case, there has been a CEL. On my vehicle, no error has ever been generated. Worst of all, after keeping the vehicle for two days, GMC service says they can't reproduce the problem.  It may not happen for days or even a week, before happening again. I don't drive it every day so it's hard to say for sure though.  I did ask the dealer to check the plugs and they say that they have, although I can't be sure they just haven't bothered to touch anything since they haven't reproduced the problem while driving.

Before I go pick it up, and wait for it to happen again, is there any advice that anybody has for me to ask them to check for, or look for myself?

I appreciate it.

Have you picked up your Acadia from the dealership yet?  If so, how did things go?

Michelle, GMC Customer Service
jmorales22

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 11:23:45 AM »

2007-2011
 Acadia, Camaro, CTS, Enclave, Equinox, G6, G8, LaCrosse, Malibu, OUTLOOK, SRX, STS, Terrain, Torrent, Traverse, VUE - Intermittent engine hesitation or flutter without DTCs
 do this---Correct camshaft position sensor - bank 1 exhaust or bank 1 intake harness connector terminals
dont do this--- Replace crank sensor and/or ECM
Ref- PI0090C

2004 - 2011
 Acadia, Camaro, CTS, Enclave, Equinox, G6, G8, LaCrosse, Malibu, OUTLOOK, SRX, STS, Terrain, Torrent, Traverse, VUE -- Intermittent engine hesitation or flutter without DTC
do this-- Inspect and correct intake CMP sensor bank 1 connector terminals for intermittent conditions or poor connection
dont do this--- Replace ECM or crank sensor
 REF--PI0090B

Thank you so much! I will talk to the dealer today and see if they will do it. I really appreciate it and I will let everyone know what happens.

Jonathan
jmorales22

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 10:00:18 PM »

Have you picked up your Acadia from the dealership yet?  If so, how did things go?

Michelle, GMC Customer Service

Hi Michelle, I haven't picked up the car yet but I did have a conversation with the service adviser today. He checked out the tsbs referenced above, and told me, surprisingly, that if they were to do the repairs listed, it would not be covered under the powertrain warranty. This confuses me because it seems to me that it is part of the engine. He told me that there are certain parts that are not. Since you are with GMC, is there any way you can confirm that?
MedicRxDoc
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 11:03:54 PM »

If you look at the warranty book, it specifically lists the parts that are covered.  Steering is not part of the powertrain warranty although sometimes it is covered as a goodwill gesture.  I have read where many members do end up paying out of pocket.

2007 Liquid Silver Acadia
2003 Ford Excursion 7.3 L Diesel
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 11:04:15 AM »

If you look at the warranty book, it specifically lists the parts that are covered.  Steering is not part of the powertrain warranty although sometimes it is covered as a goodwill gesture.  I have read where many members do end up paying out of pocket.
My extended warranty even disallowed portions of that repair. Bang Head

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories