Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
July 23, 2014, 08:15:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! More info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ford recall  (Read 1396 times, 4 Replies)
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« on: March 12, 2012, 08:14:40 PM »

Let's see ... Ford vs Toyota in a drag race!!

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/12/10657814-ford-probe-widens-could-cover-19-million-cars

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
Nvr2loud
Acadia Guru

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 09:56:58 AM »

I drove a 1985 Mercury Grand Marquis that the throttle suddenly stayed 'open'

The gas pedal returned to the proper position when I raised my foot to slow for a corner but the engine sped-up to redline and the car accelerated onto someone's front lawn. I slammed it into neutral and got hard on the brakes. Halfway to stopped I turned the engine off (it sounded like it was about to blow-up) and fought to stop without power brakes. A cable on the crusie control had snapped and the throttle went wide-open.

2008 SLE AWD 8psg Medium Brown Metallic RIP
2010 SLE2 AWD 8psg Summit White / Sunroof / tow pkg Traded-IN
2012 SLE2 AWD 8psg QuickSilver / Sunroof / tow pkg / heated seats / DVD entertainment system
2011 Sierra SLT Crew Cab / 5.3 V8 / 4x4 / Sunroof
2011 Polaris Ranger 500 Crew
2004 Trailcruiser
capecodacadia
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 11:24:01 AM »

This happened to me when I was 18 with a '75 Caddy I had recently bought. Good news is my dad briefed me well one day on cruise control. He told
if it ever "sticks" and I can't disengage the cruise, put the car into nuetral, guide it to the side of the road and stop, slam it into part, shut off the engine. He showed me under the hood the thingy that attaches to the throttle, it looked like a tiny brake booster and attached to the throttle with a key chain looking thing. He said just break the chain. And that's what I did, was on 93 when it happened. Looked around for a large rock, broke the chain, started the car back up and drove it home. Had a dealer fix it. Dad saved my life that day.

2008 Acadia SLT2 (AWD) - Deep Blue Metallic with Titanium leather - HID, HUD, XM, OnStar, dual moon roofs, touch screen NAV w/rear view camera, entertainment package (DVD/Bose), remote start... but no darn ashtray! Build date 28Aug07
Nvr2loud
Acadia Guru

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 05:07:07 PM »

This happened to me when I was 18 with a '75 Caddy I had recently bought. Good news is my dad briefed me well one day on cruise control. He told
if it ever "sticks" and I can't disengage the cruise, put the car into nuetral, guide it to the side of the road and stop, slam it into part, shut off the engine. He showed me under the hood the thingy that attaches to the throttle, it looked like a tiny brake booster and attached to the throttle with a key chain looking thing. He said just break the chain. And that's what I did, was on 93 when it happened. Looked around for a large rock, broke the chain, started the car back up and drove it home. Had a dealer fix it. Dad saved my life that day.

That sounded pretty scary.

2008 SLE AWD 8psg Medium Brown Metallic RIP
2010 SLE2 AWD 8psg Summit White / Sunroof / tow pkg Traded-IN
2012 SLE2 AWD 8psg QuickSilver / Sunroof / tow pkg / heated seats / DVD entertainment system
2011 Sierra SLT Crew Cab / 5.3 V8 / 4x4 / Sunroof
2011 Polaris Ranger 500 Crew
2004 Trailcruiser
capecodacadia
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »

That sounded pretty scary.

I was 18, remember being 18? You're *IMMORTAL*! Scared? phttt!  All I remember is "this is what dad said to do" did it, solved the problem.
My biggest concern at the time was what the repair was going to cost....

immortal

2008 Acadia SLT2 (AWD) - Deep Blue Metallic with Titanium leather - HID, HUD, XM, OnStar, dual moon roofs, touch screen NAV w/rear view camera, entertainment package (DVD/Bose), remote start... but no darn ashtray! Build date 28Aug07
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories