Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
November 28, 2014, 09:22:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for something smaller than the Acadia? Check out the all new GMC Terrain at http://www.TerrainForum.net

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote Functions not working like they used to  (Read 2616 times, 11 Replies)
chevygirl

Ignore
« on: November 17, 2011, 11:40:47 AM »

I had my 2011 GMC Acadia SLE-2 to the dealer this morning as the service engine light was on. 

When I left I had pushed the lock button on the remote 2 times to make the horn chirp to find my Acadia.  I also stopped at another store on the way home and the horn chirped there when the lock button was pushed on the remote 2 times. 

Once I got home, I pushed the lock button 2 times and the only thing it did was lock on the first push and no horn chirp on the 2nd push.  Both remotes are doing the same thing.

Also, my delayed locking used to chime 3 times when the lock button on the door was pushed, shut the door and 5 seconds later the doors would lock and the horn beep.  Now all it does is chime 3 times, shut the door and nothing. 

Can the Acadia be programmed by a tech tool to get the settings back the way there were before I took it for service?  I don't have DIC buttons and I would like the lock programming to be back the way it was before!

Thanks for any info!

2011 GMC Acadia SLE-2 AWD, Carbon Black Metallic
FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

I'M AN ACCOUNT TAKER AND A THREAD BREAKER

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 12:01:52 PM »

It seems that whatever the check engine light fix was has now somehow disrupted the locking features.  I would take it back to the dealer and show them what is happening.  What was the fix for the CEL?

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)-Build date 12/13/2013  Mine 3/15/2014
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
chevygirl

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »

It seems that whatever the check engine light fix was has now somehow disrupted the locking features.  I would take it back to the dealer and show them what is happening.  What was the fix for the CEL?

The dealer told me nothing could be found with the CEL, (it was on when I took it to them, and they cleared it) but when it came on Friday (today was the first appt I could get at the dealer), Onstar had told me there was a code for the emissions were not working properly on the Acadia.  The dealer's advice....if the light comes on again to go back.

GMC Customer Service
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »

I had my 2011 GMC Acadia SLE-2 to the dealer this morning as the service engine light was on. 

When I left I had pushed the lock button on the remote 2 times to make the horn chirp to find my Acadia.  I also stopped at another store on the way home and the horn chirped there when the lock button was pushed on the remote 2 times. 

Once I got home, I pushed the lock button 2 times and the only thing it did was lock on the first push and no horn chirp on the 2nd push.  Both remotes are doing the same thing.

Also, my delayed locking used to chime 3 times when the lock button on the door was pushed, shut the door and 5 seconds later the doors would lock and the horn beep.  Now all it does is chime 3 times, shut the door and nothing. 

Can the Acadia be programmed by a tech tool to get the settings back the way there were before I took it for service?  I don't have DIC buttons and I would like the lock programming to be back the way it was before!

Thanks for any info!

I agree with AA/78U - revisit your dealership for them to look into this. Please post an update with how things go!

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
Nvr2loud
Acadia Guru

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 10:45:35 AM »

Thanks for any info!

How was the locking set-up to begin with? Without the DIC I wasn't aware of any way to change the lock settings. My last three Acadias have all been SLE and SLE-2 trim lines and the autolock feature you described has never been part of my vehicles.

Mine works as follows...

All doors closed, push lock twice on remote and the horn chirps on the second push (as you described)

Any doors open, push lock one, two, three, ten times on remote and the only thing it does is lock the doors, no chirp

Any doors open, push lock button inside vehicle, will lock and immediatly unlock the doors

Any doors open, push lock button inside vehicle with handle pulled out on drivers door, all doors lock

I have no automatic locking feature.

I'm curious if a door closed sensor is faulty for you. If the Acadia detects a door is open (when in reality it is closed) then it is following the sequence for an open door locking. In that case you would have no horn chirps and no auto-locking feature active.

2008 SLE AWD 8psg Medium Brown Metallic RIP
2010 SLE2 AWD 8psg Summit White / Sunroof / tow pkg Traded-IN
2012 SLE2 AWD 8psg QuickSilver / Sunroof / tow pkg / heated seats / DVD entertainment system
2011 Sierra SLT Crew Cab / 5.3 V8 / 4x4 / Sunroof
2011 Polaris Ranger 500 Crew
2004 Trailcruiser
chevygirl

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »

Everything is working as it did in the first place!  Turns out my hatch door wasn't latching properly and therefore the Acadia sensed there was door open and that's why the horn did not chip when the lock button on the remote was pressed 2x or the horn didn't chirp with the delayed locking.

I took it back, they replaced the latch handle on the hatch door and everything is back to normal!

mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 11:23:26 AM »

Everything is working as it did in the first place!  Turns out my hatch door wasn't latching properly and therefore the Acadia sensed there was door open and that's why the horn did not chip when the lock button on the remote was pressed 2x or the horn didn't chirp with the delayed locking.

I took it back, they replaced the latch handle on the hatch door and everything is back to normal!
Good news - didn't you have a warning light or DIC message that indicated the hatch was open?

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
chevygirl

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 11:30:21 AM »

Good news - didn't you have a warning light or DIC message that indicated the hatch was open?

Nope nothing.  I noticed it as I opened the hatch to get my bags out of, when I closed it, it seemed like it wasn't closing properly. 

The next Acadia will also have the SLE-2 package, but I will upgrade the radio to have the harness for the Enhanced DIC.  I had that on my 2007 SV6 we traded in for the Acadia and I do miss that feature.  We have a german shepherd who is in the Acadia often, but I don't think the SLT-1 and leather seats would be a good combination for her nails. 

chevygirl

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 11:31:26 AM »

How was the locking set-up to begin with? Without the DIC I wasn't aware of any way to change the lock settings. My last three Acadias have all been SLE and SLE-2 trim lines and the autolock feature you described has never been part of my vehicles.

Mine works as follows...

All doors closed, push lock twice on remote and the horn chirps on the second push (as you described)

Any doors open, push lock one, two, three, ten times on remote and the only thing it does is lock the doors, no chirp

Any doors open, push lock button inside vehicle, will lock and immediatly unlock the doors

Any doors open, push lock button inside vehicle with handle pulled out on drivers door, all doors lock

I have no automatic locking feature.

I'm curious if a door closed sensor is faulty for you. If the Acadia detects a door is open (when in reality it is closed) then it is following the sequence for an open door locking. In that case you would have no horn chirps and no auto-locking feature active.

Mine locks like this: 

All doors closed, push lock twice on remote and the horn chirps on the second push
Any doors open, push lock button inside vehicle, will lock and immediately lock the doors when pushed 2 times, if only pushed once, a chime will beep and then once the doors are all closed, will lock the doors and chirp the horn. 

rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 12:05:41 PM »

We have a german shepherd who is in the Acadia often, but I don't think the SLT-1 and leather seats would be a good combination for her nails. 

the horn not honking when I push the lock button twice-- tells me theres a door open.(or not properly closed)....

as for German Shepherds...

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    27,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-   84,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
BoSox

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 04:21:56 PM »

Sorry for derailing the thread.

rbarrios what are you using for a mat?

2008 Summit White Acadia AWD SLT 1, Rear Seat Headrest DVD Entertainment System
rbarrios
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 04:38:59 PM »

Canvasback.

heres are a few threads on it

http://www.acadiaforum.net/index.php?topic=8607.0

http://www.acadiaforum.net/index.php?topic=7672.0

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    27,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-   84,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories