Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
October 23, 2014, 01:48:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadiaforum Window Decals are now available!  Order Here

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acadia Denali vs Buick Enclave, ride and handling differences  (Read 7451 times, 9 Replies)
rcliff

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2011, 11:30:20 PM »

I drove the Buick and did not like it at all. Ride felt very soft, cushy and disconnected. Handling seemed rubbery and imprecise. I was half way out the door and the dealer suggested driving the Acadia Denail which was not on my radar at the time. I expected it to be the same as the Buick and almost skipped it but the ride was notably firmer and handling was much much better IMO. I know the Denali had 20" wheels vs the 19" in the enclave I tested. The question is, does the enclave and acadia have different suspensions and different handling characteristics and is this what would be expected or was this an anomaly? Could it simply be the wheel size and tire differences? Any thoughts and or similar or conflicting experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

I'M AN ACCOUNT TAKER AND A THREAD BREAKER

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 11:35:01 PM »

I think you will find that the Enclave models have this soft, cushy ride vs the "firmer" handling of the Acadia model.  The Enclave is the "premier" Lambda model and as such has a different suspension set up

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)-Build date 12/13/2013  Mine 3/15/2014
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 05:50:05 AM »

I believe you'll find different suspension packages within each Lambda line as well.  Isn't there an offering of "standard" suspension and "sport-tuned" (or "touring") suspension through the Chevy, GMC and Buick lines?

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 03:07:50 PM »

That's what you get with a Buick.  I'm driving a rental Lucerne this week - man do I feel old.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
Sailfish
Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!
Acadia GOD!

Volunteer with Sheltie rescue organizations

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 04:25:42 PM »

That's what you get with a Buick.  I'm driving a rental Lucerne this week - man do I feel old.

facepalm

Hey I don't feel old when I drive the Enclave!  Love how smooth and quiet it is.  I said before I thought the Outlook was a nice riding and quiet SUV until I rode in the Enclave. 

I drove the Buick and did not like it at all. Ride felt very soft, cushy and disconnected. Handling seemed rubbery and imprecise. I

Don't have the same handling as you mentioned above.  My Enclave handles great and is precise.

11 Enclave CXL2 WDT/Titanium FWD 20" Wheels build 11/10 purchase 2/11 - PF-63 & Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
mikemu
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 08:52:40 PM »

Enclave breaks the mold a bit - Lucerne however - classic Buick if you know what I mean.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
Sailfish
Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!
Acadia GOD!

Volunteer with Sheltie rescue organizations

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 07:39:24 AM »

Enclave breaks the mold a bit - Lucerne however - classic Buick if you know what I mean.

Yep I do the loaner Reichard would give me when the Outlook was in the shop was a LeSabre.  Lots of miles on it yet it was a real soft cushy ride nothing in comparison to the Enclave.

11 Enclave CXL2 WDT/Titanium FWD 20" Wheels build 11/10 purchase 2/11 - PF-63 & Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
DLKB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 10:29:18 AM »

I wouldn't trade my Denali for any Enclave out there, just don't like the window design, front end or the dash. This is just my personal opinion. I'm sure that the Enclave is a fine ride, just not my favorite. I sure hope that they don't down size the Acadia.

presently own 2015 Denali, AWD, Crimson red thincoat, Cocoa Dune, loaded
previously owned 2013 Denali, AWD, WDT, Cocoa Dune, loaded
previously owned 2011 Denali, WDT, AWD
previously owned 2009 SLT2 Red Jewell loaded
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.
droptopron

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 02:02:49 PM »

One contributing factor will be the tires.  Away from 19's vs 20's the Michelins on the Buick are only S rated so that will make it smoother but not handle as well.
nightingales

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »

I had a hard time deciding between the Acadaia and Enclave. I noticed the same thing as the original poster. In the end, I got my Acadia Denali today  Grin and the better handling was definitely an influence.

2011 Acadia Denali, Carbon Black with Cashmere interior, NAV/Entert.
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories