Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
April 24, 2014, 12:16:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compass on 2011 Acadia Denalli?  (Read 12165 times, 28 Replies)
joebrandon1977

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2010, 07:42:46 PM »

In my old 07 Saturn Outlook, I had a Compass (N, S, E W, etc) that was integrated into my review review mirror.  In my 2011 Acadia Denali, that is missing.  Is there a compass anywhere on board that I am missing?

I can probably live without it, but my wife brought it up today as she is a little more directionally challenged.

2011 Acadia Denali - White Diamond Tricoat - Nav, Entertainment, Tow
Ted K

Ironhide Lives On!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 08:52:06 PM »

In my old 07 Saturn Outlook, I had a Compass (N, S, E W, etc) that was integrated into my review review mirror.  In my 2011 Acadia Denali, that is missing.  Is there a compass anywhere on board that I am missing?

I can probably live without it, but my wife brought it up today as she is a little more directionally challenged.

Haven't taken delivery of mine yet, but I seem to recall seeing it in a photo as part of the HUD.

2014 Acadia Denali - Carbon Black Metallic / Ebony - AWD - 20" Chrome Wheels - 8 seat config - Navigation - Rear Seat Entertainment - Weather Tech Floor Liners - Clear Cover license plate frame - Valentine 1 w/BlendMount & StealthCord - Stubby G Series Antenna
DLKB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 09:43:51 PM »

its part of the selectable features on the HUD and is also located on your drivers information center.

presently own 2013 Denali, AWD, WDT, Cocoa Dune, loaded
previously owned 2011 Denali, WDT, AWD
previously owned 2009 SLT2 Red Jewell loaded
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.
mjmhere
Acadia Guru

Sleek !

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 10:22:31 PM »

its part of the selectable features on the HUD and is also located on your drivers information center.

The compass is not on my Denali.  I've had the dealer looking for it for three days.  If they can't find it, I'm going to ask that they give me back the mirror from my '07 SLT-2 which includes the compass.

2011 Acadia Denali, Summit White with Ebony leather interior, Nav, chrome mods, Denali-specific running boards

" My memory fails me quite often.  Also, my memory fails me quite often Huh? Huh?"
joebrandon1977

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 10:48:47 PM »

Thanks mjmhere!

Sounds like we are in the same boat.  Please let me know what your dealer does to your request - would be nice to have a rearview mirror that has the compass option.

ls973800

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »

Many of these lambda vehicles which are factory equipped with the Nav unit only have a compass needle on the nav display.  There is no compass on the rearview mirror or on the DIC.  I don't know about if you have HUD and Nav if the compass heading would show up on the HUD also.

2010 Summit White Traverse LTZ, Nav, Sunroof, Rear Entertainment, Towing, Rear Buckets w/Console-Added $3.00 Nav By-Pass, Rearview mirror w/Compass, Cabin Air Filter, Lights to Homelink Buttons   SOLD 4/2012
mjmhere
Acadia Guru

Sleek !

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 11:11:20 PM »

Many of these lambda vehicles which are factory equipped with the Nav unit only have a compass needle on the nav display.  There is no compass on the rearview mirror or on the DIC.  I don't know about if you have HUD and Nav if the compass heading would show up on the HUD also.

I have the NAV & HUD and there is no "digital compass display" as is touted in Denali literature.  The compass in the nav is not digital, the display doesn't come up on the DIC nor the HUD as explained in the owners manual.  It also says on the Denali website that's it's part of the s5u package

2011 Acadia Denali, Summit White with Ebony leather interior, Nav, chrome mods, Denali-specific running boards

" My memory fails me quite often.  Also, my memory fails me quite often Huh? Huh?"
joebrandon1977

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 12:00:41 AM »

I just went and grabbed the Denalli book - in section 5-6, it states the Compass is integrated in the DIC (driver information center) and gives instructions to even toggle the settings button to select your "zone".  I went through those options and it is not there - so apparently this is the first slip up identified on the Denalli.

I assume there could be a software update to fix this.  Or the other option is to get one of the rearview mirrors that has the compass integrated into it.

If anyone has a solution provided by their dealer, please keep us all updated.  I'm about to email my sales guy to let me do some leg work on this as well.

mjmhere
Acadia Guru

Sleek !

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 12:09:54 AM »

I just went and grabbed the Denalli book - in section 5-6, it states the Compass is integrated in the DIC (driver information center) and gives instructions to even toggle the settings button to select your "zone".  I went through those options and it is not there - so apparently this is the first slip up identified on the Denalli.

I assume there could be a software update to fix this.  Or the other option is to get one of the rearview mirrors that has the compass integrated into it.

If anyone has a solution provided by their dealer, please keep us all updated.  I'm about to email my sales guy to let me do some leg work on this as well.

Absolutely, positively thumbs up

mjmhere
Acadia Guru

Sleek !

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 12:14:02 AM »

Hey Joe,...Let's not forget about Denali splash guards and assist steps, if you didn't already know that.  That's three Denali boo-boos that need a fix shrug

MA Acadia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 06:03:52 AM »

I think if you have NAV the compass is only on the NAV, not the DIC. I found this on the GM ordering website. Maybe someone with NAV can confirm this.

Instrumentation, 5-gauge with Enhanced Driver Information Center , outside temperature indicator and digital compass display
1 - Digital compass display included and only available with (UUI) AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback or (UUJ) Audio System with Rear Seat Entertainment.

2010 Red Jewel Acadia SLT-2 FWD, Cashmere Interior, Sunroof, Cooled Seats.
2010 Corvette Grand Sport
2007 Miata
Fishhawk

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »

I haven't found a compass anywhere except in the navigation system. And it's not that easy to see or understand your heading. Kinda miss the compass we had in our Suburban's rear view mirror.

Hers: 2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 FWD, Carbon Black/Titanium, 7-pass, Nav, Trailering, Sunroof, Heated/Cooled Seats. AVS Bug Deflector
His: 2011 Chevy Volt, Crystal Red, premium trim, polished wheels, rear camera
Sailfish
Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!
Acadia GOD!

Volunteer with Sheltie rescue organizations

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 04:06:35 PM »

I do know that I like the compass being in the rearview mirror on the Outlook.  There was only ONE time that it didn't work propertly.  I was driving east on I70 past Columbus and it was raining "cats and dogs" that day.  I pulled off the interstate for some coffee and when I got back on heading east again the compass was telling me I was going NorthWest.

Talk about being totally confused for a split second.

11 Enclave CXL2 WDT/Titanium FWD 20" Wheels build 11/10 purchase 2/11 - PF-63 & Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
mjmhere
Acadia Guru

Sleek !

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 07:55:37 PM »

I think if you have NAV the compass is only on the NAV, not the DIC. I found this on the GM ordering website. Maybe someone with NAV can confirm this.  Digital compass display on the DIC & HUD is supposed to be standard on the Denali

Instrumentation, 5-gauge with Enhanced Driver Information Center , outside temperature indicator and digital compass display1 - Digital compass display included and only available with (UUI) AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback Exactly what is on my Denali [/b] or (UUJ) Audio System with Rear Seat Entertainment.
[/quote]

This response is not meant to be argumentative, just factual

joebrandon1977

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 12:57:54 AM »

I have Nav and a Denali, but I'm not sure what you are asking. 

On the Nav, there is, what I call an orientation icon in the upper left hand corner.  It gives the Nav a true north view, a view of what direction your vehicle is facing, or a view of what direction your vehicle is facing with a slanted (somewhat 3D view).  I would advertise this as a compass though.

I'm looking for a tool that tells me N, NW, NE, S, SW, SE, etc....

khansen30

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 11:05:13 AM »

I do know that I like the compass being in the rearview mirror on the Outlook.  There was only ONE time that it didn't work propertly.  I was driving east on I70 past Columbus and it was raining "cats and dogs" that day.  I pulled off the interstate for some coffee and when I got back on heading east again the compass was telling me I was going NorthWest.

Talk about being totally confused for a split second.

Every now and then you have to re-calibrate the compass.  Sometimes turning off the vehicle and back on does the trick.  Happened to me once in my Outlook, but has not happened in the Acadia.

Signature:
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab (Mine)       2011 Chevy Camaro (Wifes)
Black - Cashmere  Leather                       Yellow - Black Interior
Everything
Proud Former Owner of a 2007 Outlook and 2009 Acadia
Sailfish
Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!
Acadia GOD!

Volunteer with Sheltie rescue organizations

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 11:36:44 AM »

Every now and then you have to re-calibrate the compass.  Sometimes turning off the vehicle and back on does the trick.  Happened to me once in my Outlook, but has not happened in the Acadia.

That was the only time it happened and come to think of it the compass was incorrect until we reached our destination and I turned off the Outlook.  When we headed back home later it was back to normal.

Thanks!

11 Enclave CXL2 WDT/Titanium FWD 20" Wheels build 11/10 purchase 2/11 - PF-63 & Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 02:36:00 PM »

khansen, do you make a habit of leaving your vehicle run all the time? :Smiley Shocked facepalm

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
khansen30

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 08:52:24 AM »

Sorry for the late response, been gone for a while.

Yes, nothing like spending all my money on fuel! Beer

However I've never had this problem with my Acadia, only the Saturn, planets must have been out of alignment.  >Cheesy

Signature:
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab (Mine)       2011 Chevy Camaro (Wifes)
Black - Cashmere  Leather                       Yellow - Black Interior
Everything
Proud Former Owner of a 2007 Outlook and 2009 Acadia
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 09:29:31 AM »

I can't wait to see what happens when the earth's magnetic field completes its' reversal.  We're going to have a lot of lost souls out there! Grin

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories