Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
July 31, 2014, 09:41:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadiaforum Window Decals are now available!  Order Here

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone 4 Unrecognized  (Read 7334 times, 18 Replies)
bdk512

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2010, 07:30:51 PM »

Anyone else tried to connect an iPhone 4 to their USB port yet?  My 2010 Acadia says "unrecognized ipod version".  I do computer IT for a living and am laughing at the irony of needing a firmware upgrade for my TRUCK.
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 08:34:32 PM »

Blame it on the phone, not the vehicle!  iPhone should include a backward compatibility program.

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
FORUM GM
FORMER ACADIA COMMANDER; NOW IMPALA HERDER
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

I'M AN ACCOUNT TAKER AND A THREAD BREAKER

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »

Anyone else tried to connect an iPhone 4 to their USB port yet?  My 2010 Acadia says "unrecognized ipod version".  I do computer IT for a living and am laughing at the irony of needing a firmware upgrade for my TRUCK.

The USB port in the Acadia is looking for a mass storage device; your iPhone doesn't present itself as such

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)
"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
Tiger

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »

Mine has worked just fine.  Sometimes takes it a few more seconds to recognize it than my 3G iPhone but definitely working.

Love I can use bluetooth to voice dial people now, totally hands free driving now, the 3G did not have the voice command software built into the phone like the 3GS and 4 have.

I also work in IT and was worried that I would need to flash the firmware for the USB device to work with the 4.0 OS but seems to work for me.

2010 AWD Acadia SLT1 Quicksilver Metallic, ebony leather, Nav, rear entertainment system, dual sun roofs, remote start, factory towing package, 2+2+3 seating config.

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5x Premium Camellia Red Pearl, Aurora Platinum Cloth Seats, Automatic 4 speed, All Weather, Puddle Lights
bdk512

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 02:13:47 PM »

Hi Tiger,

You are using an actual iPhone 4 and not just a 3G or 3Gs with iOS4 on it?  My 3GS with iOS4 works fine but a full iPhone 4 device with iOS4 is the one that is unrecognized....
caperpower

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 08:21:12 PM »

Hi Tiger,

You are using an actual iPhone 4 and not just a 3G or 3Gs with iOS4 on it?  My 3GS with iOS4 works fine but a full iPhone 4 device with iOS4 is the one that is unrecognized....
       Huh?... Grin

2010 slt-1 awd, carbon black, 7-psgr, sunroof, rear camera, dvd, pwr. lift gate, remote start, tow pkg., light titanium leather...and loving it!!
ajivener

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 06:06:01 PM »

Both my wife and I have iPhone 3GS phones and both integrated fine with the radio on our 2010 GMC Acadia prior to upgrading to iOS4.  Now my phone won't connect and the iPhone will sometimes display incompatible accessory connected message.  What's odd is that my wife's phone continues to work fine.  I'd been having some other problems with my phone so today I went through the whole process of Restoring my iPhone from scratch and reinstalling/configurating all my applications in the hopes that it would also address the problem with the Acadia.  Unfortunately, this did not help.  After plugging in the phone the Nav display shows "Connecting" for a long time before it finally gives up and indicates that it has disconnected the device.
Tiger

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 09:18:18 AM »

Hi Tiger,

You are using an actual iPhone 4 and not just a 3G or 3Gs with iOS4 on it?  My 3GS with iOS4 works fine but a full iPhone 4 device with iOS4 is the one that is unrecognized....

Yes I am competent enough to reply to a thread entitled "iPhone 4 Unrecognized"...then go on to talk about the voice dialing that the 3GS and 4 offer that my 3g didn't have...

I received my iPhone 4 on the 23rd, straight from apple.  I plugged it in and it worked right away.

2010 AWD Acadia SLT1 Quicksilver Metallic, ebony leather, Nav, rear entertainment system, dual sun roofs, remote start, factory towing package, 2+2+3 seating config.

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5x Premium Camellia Red Pearl, Aurora Platinum Cloth Seats, Automatic 4 speed, All Weather, Puddle Lights
gmcbarryk

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 08:58:53 AM »

My iPhone 4 has no problem connecting to my 2010 SLE-2 with a $3.00 e-Bay cable.

2010 GMC SLT-2 Acadia Red Jewel, Cashmere interior, Nav, Perforated cooled seats.
2005 GMC SLE Z71 Canyon Crew Cab Superior blue, leather heated seats, GMC folding hardtop, Tubular Assist Steps, Line-X bed liner.
1993 Key West 15.3 explorer with 1992 60hp Evinrude.
SLT-2 Member.
skboom

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 01:38:01 AM »

My 3G worked fine. Upgraded to a 3GS with 4.0 on it and it is not recognized. Dealer has no answer. GM bulletin in APRIL says use in airplane mode but that does not work either.

I think it's all software related
bwish528

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 02:28:07 AM »

I had a similar issue after upgrading to OS 4.0.2.  My Acadia wouldn't recognize my iPhone after I updated...  nor would it charge.

I think I accidentally fixed my issue...  in trying to fix an issue that I was having with my Outlook syncing I reset the network connection (Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings) and now my iPhone syncs with my Acadia again allowing me to play my music through the stereo as well as charge the iPhone.  Not sure if was related or not...  but seems like quite the coincidence! 

Maybe give it a shot...  if you haven't already...  the worst I can tell you will have to do is re-enter your wifi passwords.
1981LT1

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 04:58:23 PM »

I had this same problem where my iPhone 4 wouldn't work.  I performed a reset of all my settings and it works now.  You will have to redo some settings and resync the BT but it works.
KBS

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 02:45:33 AM »

Still having the same problem with my Iphone 3 with the updated 4 software.  Have tried everything posted on this board and still won't sync.  When to GMC last week and was told that it is an Apply problem.  Someone even suggested that I buy a new radio.... don't think so.... perhaps I need a new phone.  Hubby's Motorola phone works fine.
sharpcolorado

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 12:06:26 AM »

KBS

Sorry to hear about your trouble.  Here's a suggestion:

Find a friend or co-worker willing to try and pair or connect their iPhone to your vehicle.  If it works, you can delete the entry and you will know it is not your GMC.  If it doesn't work, you are making progress!
andyw715

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 09:30:48 AM »

I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.3  The 4.3.2 update killed my bluetooth. Can't connect to anything (tomtom car kit, headset, any BT device).
There are numerous posts in apple forums about the recent updates to iOS killing BT connectivity.

I will try the "reset all network" option and see if that fixes it.

2008 Acadia SLT-1 FWD  Dark Crimson Metallic
Member #3 Dark Crimson Metallic club
FORUM GM
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 09:39:07 AM »

I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.3  The 4.3.2 update killed my bluetooth. Can't connect to anything (tomtom car kit, headset, any BT device).
There are numerous posts in apple forums about the recent updates to iOS killing BT connectivity.

I will try the "reset all network" option and see if that fixes it.

Where did you get the 4.3.3 update; my 3G shows the 4.3.2 update as the current version

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)
andyw715

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 03:00:11 PM »

Where did you get the 4.3.3 update; my 3G shows the 4.3.2 update as the current version

dev version.... public release is today....

3G or 3GS?

FORUM GM
Global Moderator
Acadia NIRVANA

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 04:04:02 PM »

3GS; where are you getting dev releases?

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)
andyw715

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 04:15:52 PM »

3GS; where are you getting dev releases?

from Apple.

Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories