Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
November 28, 2014, 04:20:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Poll
Question: Are you experiencing this problem?
Yes - 131 (70.4%)
No - 51 (27.4%)
N/A - 4 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 185

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merged exterior Temperature Display Broken  (Read 32285 times, 181 Replies)
texas123

Ignore
« on: March 18, 2007, 10:27:11 PM »

my temp gauge is sticking, which causes my a/c to kick on when not needed.  i think the problem must be with the location of the sensor; that is, i think it's too close to the engine.  mine almost always shows the outside temp to be warmer than actual.  take last night for example.  we had driven for about an hour from 5-6 pm, then parked the acadia in our garage.  about 8:45 we left to go to a party, and the outside temp gauge showed 105 (the actual was about 70).  of course, the a/c kicked on full blast.  we drove about 10 minutes to our destination and the temp had fallen to 103. 

incidently, my other vehicle is an infiniti g35 with outside temp and auto a/c heat.  i've never had any problem with it and it stays in the same garage with the acadia.

2010 Black/Ebony SLT-2(headrest dvd, nav, 20 wheels, heated/cooled seats, trailer pkg, etc, etc)

2009 Mazda6 Black/Black (bluetooth, bose, leather, heated seats, rain sensing wipers, etc, etc)

2012 Kia Optima SX, Black/Black
Adam Boca
Super Duper Mod Award!

Carbon Metallic:Brick Interior:SLT1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:29:15 PM »

Added poll

:Wifes:2007 Acadia:Carbon Met:Brick Interior:SLT1:
:My:2000:Chevrolet:Corvette:Dark Bowling Green Met:Oak Interior:6-speed:
:Wifes:1969:Chevrolet:Corvette:Monza Red:Red Interior:4-speed:
tiffnco
Medium Brown Champion!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 12:36:43 AM »

I noticed this issue today.  It was raining and cool out (64 degrees) and I auto-started the car thinking it would be a great temp...only to find the A/C on full blast.  The temp registered at 94 degrees.  And the car had been sitting for several hours.

Odd...

2007 Acadia SLT-2 FWD, Medium Brown/Ebony DVD, NAV, HID, HUD, Sunroof/Skyscape, 19" wheels, 2-2-3 seating, trailering package and everything else under the sun except for the rear audio controls!
Acadia4VA-WV

The wait is over....

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 01:48:53 AM »

I have a SLT-2 with auto tri-zone climate control, and have not experienced this problem at all.

2007 Acadia SLT-2 AWD, Carbon, Ebony, HID, HUD, NAV, DVD, Sunroof, Towing, Rear controls, 19s (build 2/2007; bought 3/6; delivered 3/9) Pics
Other cars:
2002 VW Cabrio GLX (such fun)
graffx4

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 09:35:09 PM »

Just got back from vacation and when leaving the airport after sitting 10 days the temp said 34 deg when it was 82 out......that was the first time it happened but it happened again today as well.  Had to mess with the DIC to get it to reset itself.

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-1, Carbon Metallic/Titanium, 19" Rims, Dual Sunroof, DVD Entertainment, Convenience, Power Liftgate
texas123

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 10:48:52 PM »

well, as originally reported, mine still does it about every other time i get in the vehicle.  in my case, every time the outside temp is always higher than actual (other than the time it showed 105, most of the time it is about 10 degrees above the actual). 

some would say "minor issue", and hopefully it can be fixed easily.  but this is not a minor issue, as every time it does this i have to either switch out of "auto" mode and adjust manually, or jack the temp up to about 80 until the outside temp gets closer to the actual outside temp.  trust me, i paid for an "auto" climate control system, and i ain't getting it.

2010 Black/Ebony SLT-2(headrest dvd, nav, 20 wheels, heated/cooled seats, trailer pkg, etc, etc)

2009 Mazda6 Black/Black (bluetooth, bose, leather, heated seats, rain sensing wipers, etc, etc)

Racefla

2/10/07-2/10/11 51000 Miles. Happy Birthday!!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 06:38:02 AM »

This problem is on my list for the next trip to service.

When it cold outside the thing reads high outside temp and the A/C blows.

When its warm outside it reads low outside temp and blows warn air Bang Head

Bassackwards

07 Carbon/Brick SLT2 4SB
A/F Member #24
RedRocker

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 08:36:23 AM »

Here's what I think is going on...

Have you opened your hood after driving the Acadia enough to get the engine nice and warm?  It's REALLY hot in there compared to other vehicles I've owned.  I think all this heat is a main reason why they decided to relocate the battery away from the engine bay.

The temp gauge must be somewhere in the engine bay which is causing the temporary false reading.  (Some vehicles locate them near the rear bumper to eliminate this false reading). 

I have seen this problem with my Acadia but after driving for a while...over "neighborhood" speeds I have noticed that it does reflect the actual temperature outside. 

So I marked this pole as if my guage is operating correctly.  That is one HOT engine bay.  I'm sure driving faste enough to remove some of that heat will fix the problem...or maybe some Acadia's do have a problem...who knows.  Just my 2 Cents.

Hope it get's taken care of.

2007 GMC Acadia Liquid Silver AWD, SLT-2, HID, NAV, 19's, S-Roof, Tow Pkg, XM.

1998 Corvette
2006 Infiniti M45
graffx4

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 09:49:40 PM »

Hopefully I'll find out something Friday...mine goes in for the airbag/accel lag/steering recalls along with the temp sensor issue.  I'll update once I get an answer.

2007 GMC Acadia SLT-1, Carbon Metallic/Titanium, 19" Rims, Dual Sunroof, DVD Entertainment, Convenience, Power Liftgate
texas123

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 10:27:26 PM »

well, mine is not the engine heat problem.  it's been parked outside in 70 degree weather for 3 hours.  just went outside to pull it into the garage and the temp said 102.  as i said in a previous post, most of the time it's only 5-10 above the actual temp, but this is the second time is has shown over 100 when the outside temp was 70 or less.

my suburban that i traded in (2002 sl) had outside temp, and it never had a problem like this.  my 2003 g35 has always been extremely accurate even at startup.

Racefla

2/10/07-2/10/11 51000 Miles. Happy Birthday!!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 10:41:10 PM »

I'm thinking like the manual said, the sensor is behind the grill. Or somewhere in the grill area.

I bet the black grill is heating up in the sun and the sensor is picking it up.

07 Carbon/Brick SLT2 4SB
A/F Member #24
acadia7j100001

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 09:37:43 PM »

texas123...your temp sensor needs to be looked at.  suspect a bad sensor.  There have been some issues due to installation and location.  The Acadia does have an algorithm that "remembers" the temperature from the last time the vehicle was moving.  It is normal on start up for the temp to remain at a "remembered" level until you begin to drive.  This is done so that the auto ac and heat do not readjust while the Acadia is idling in traffic (heat build up would drive the system nuts).  yours, however, is not behaving this way and there have been some reported problems.  have it looked at!
stevemel

I'll always be a Texas girl.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 04:22:27 PM »

This just happened to me today.  Stuck on 37 from this morning and it's now in the mid-50's.  I wanted to crank the a/c on for a few minutes but it wouldn't work (apparently it has to be 40 outside before you can use the a/c.)  I looked through the manual, albeit quickly, and scrolled through the DIC but could not see where to go to reset this.  Can some please tell me how to reset.  Thanks.

Mel

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD Royal Blue Pearl with Gray Leather

My Acadia (delivered 3/12/07) - Liquid Silver/Ebony Leather SLT-2 AWD, HUD, Cargo Controls, Entertainment System with Bose Surround, 2nd row bench (SOLD 3/28/08)
JacsMommy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 05:24:02 PM »

Happened to me today as well.  Temp outside today is in the high 60s, low 70s and my temp was reading 55.  Didn't budge after leaving the car outside in the mall parking lot for two hours.  Will have to reset it when I have time to read the manual. 
graffx4

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 01:35:53 PM »

Had the dealer look at it when it was in for the other recalls.  I was told they weren't sure why it did it but they were "hoping" when they flashed the computer for the other things it would be fixed.  Haven't had it happen since then but mine was intermittent to begin with.  They had not heard of any others doing this.  We'll see if it comes back.

Web Raven
Indeed, I am so far out of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity.
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 01:44:46 PM »

I have an SLE and haven't experienced any of these issues.  My temperature gauge seems to work properly and my AC does not come on by itself.  I've found that if I want to use the AC, I have to turn it on.  Is this odd?  Should it come on automatically?  I'm kind of glad it doesn't... my Vue's AC always came on auto and I didn't like it.

2004 Hummer H2, Black, Wheat Leather, Loaded.
loach
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 06:21:50 PM »

I have an SLE and haven't experienced any of these issues.  My temperature gauge seems to work properly and my AC does not come on by itself.  I've found that if I want to use the AC, I have to turn it on.  Is this odd?  Should it come on automatically?  I'm kind of glad it doesn't... my Vue's AC always came on auto and I didn't like it.

With an SLE you don't have automatic climate control, right?  So I don't think it would be applicable to your vehicle.

Formerly owned: '08 GMC Acadia SLT2 AWD.  Bought July '07, sold Aug '10
Web Raven
Indeed, I am so far out of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity.
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 09:02:55 PM »

With an SLE you don't have automatic climate control, right?  So I don't think it would be applicable to your vehicle.

ah-ha!  Good.  Thanks, I didn't realize that.  I'm glad I don't have it.  LOL  Smiley

2004 Hummer H2, Black, Wheat Leather, Loaded.
Drumr

Go Broncos

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 10:05:47 PM »

I am definitely late getting into this string... but I am experiencing this too.  I have had my Acadia almost two weeks.  Mine tends to stick on a much colder temperature than it actually is outside.  Normally it sticks on 47 degrees or 54 degrees.  Normally it jumps to the actual temp after driving a while... but today, it has stuck on 54 all day.  Not sure why the internal heater would be linked to the outside thermometer?  But I have noticed that in Auto mode, the air conditioner doesn't come on automatically when the thermomemter is stuck on a lower temp.  I have yet to see it register anything higher than the actual outside temp.  Just had the Acadia into the dealer on Friday to fix the loose piece in the tailgate.  Hope I don't have to take it back in to update the firmware that controls the outdoor temp gauge.

2007 Acadia AWD SLT-1 (Liquid Silver Metallic / Light Titanium) with 2nd row bench & DVD Entertainment System
jts51

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 09:06:38 AM »

I've had my Acadia 2 1/2 weeks.  Temperature gauge worked fine until the day before yesterday.  My car was parked outside for about 5 hours. No sun.  When I started up the temp gauge read 81! Wishfull thinking here in NY.  After a few minutes of driving dropped to 54. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories