Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
April 17, 2014, 02:24:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sticky: GM Headrest DVD threads- install pics included  (Read 63647 times, 136 Replies)
rabbiwats

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2010, 04:25:58 PM »

My invision headreasts did not come with the GM factory power cord, so I obtained the following document from Invision on how to wire the generic power cord to the Acadia using a relay.  Thought others might find this handy.
greiner

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2010, 01:14:23 PM »

First post - hope someone out there can help.
just bought brand new Factory GM DVD headrest DVD players from Ebay (paid 322 after shipping)  the only problem im finding is that it seems to be not as "unopened" as promised.  The Blue/Black cable that connects the headrest wires to the control box are missing. 

does anyone out there know of where i might purchase these cables?  any phone numbers out there for the manufacturer of the GM OE headrest's, i might try contacting the company directly for the part.

I have contacted the local GM dealership.  they cannot get that specific part in.

thanks in advance.
SavageNFS
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2010, 01:52:17 PM »

I'd be contact the ebay seller and leaving appropriate feedback.  That would make me angry.  Don't let them get away with it.

2013 AWD Acadia Denali, White Diamond Tri-Coat
2011 F-250 6.7L, CCSB, FX4, Ingot Silver Metallic - Not even close to stock
Canyonaro

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2010, 10:25:07 AM »

I just bought some off of ebay from a dude who had them in his 2009 Chrysler Town and Country minivan.  Tested the units and the earphones, and all works great.  They are the same OEM units we have in our Acadia's, but now I need to get them to an automotive upholsterer to get these units into my head rests.  My headrests are pretty small, so it will be fun to get them in.

All said and done, it only cost me $298 for the set and about $60 per headrest to get these in mine.  So I think I got an ok deal.

2010 Acadia SL (Quicksilver)

w/OEM DVD Navigation, Backup Camera, Nav-TV Barracuda, V92, OEM 7 pin Towing, OEM DVD headrests, Denali Grill.

More projects coming!
TheDman

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2011, 12:45:42 PM »

Ok, I wasn't sure how to start a new thread, or if I should, but this looked like a good place to ask a question:

I have 2 new aftermarket DVD headrests - I can figure out everything except how to get them power.  I've seen the pics and references to a module under the front seat.  That being said, EXACTLY what do I do here.  I have 2 wires for the 12v 1amp power...but where to tap them into exactly?  I must be missing something, because I just can't make the (forgive the pun) connection. 

Thanks!!!!
bonk1313
Hey members, Update your signatures with vehicle details. And post some pics of your ACADIA to share.
Global Moderator
Acadia Guru

Carbon Black 2008 GMC Acadia SLT 2 Ebony 2-2-3

« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2011, 06:41:06 PM »

Ok, I wasn't sure how to start a new thread, or if I should, but this looked like a good place to ask a question:

I have 2 new aftermarket DVD headrests - I can figure out everything except how to get them power.  I've seen the pics and references to a module under the front seat.  That being said, EXACTLY what do I do here.  I have 2 wires for the 12v 1amp power...but where to tap them into exactly?  I must be missing something, because I just can't make the (forgive the pun) connection. 

Thanks!!!!

been a while since i did this, but look at this post. This should help pinpoint what wires were used to supply the power.
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4075.msg52939#msg52939

19's,2xSky,Trailering,GM HR DVD,Husky Liners,Bully Imposter GI51 Grille,Cargo Rails
Built 9/07,5/8 FLASH,XD XTREME 4300K HID KIT,Putco LED Interior Lights,
prtyof6

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2011, 02:36:50 PM »

I'm new to this Forum, just picked up a FWD Acadia Denali for my wife.

I've been going thru this thread to see if anyone had attempted to route the audio of the dual Headrest DVD to the dash head unit, maybe via the "AUX", in lieu of the FM Modulator.

The FM modulator is Ok. But living in So Cal, where every frequency is taken, you get those pesky scratchy noises every now and then. Plus I think using the FM modulator already degrades the audio, relative to a "direct" route.

Thanks in advance.
Laumea231

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2011, 04:46:47 AM »

:thumb:Considering the brief introduction above, you need to pay much attention to the process of its car DVD with GPS navigation installation. You know, small mistakes may cause big problems. We can briefly divide this into three steps.
Firstly, you need to demount the original stereo in your car. Before you start your task, it is better to clean it up then pull down the original parts step by step, the decoration boards and the main board.

MODERATOR EDIT

Link removed
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2011, 05:34:35 AM »

:thumb:Considering the brief introduction above, you need to pay much attention to the process of its car DVD with GPS navigation installation. You know, small mistakes may cause big problems. We can briefly divide this into three steps.
Firstly, you need to demount the original stereo in your car. Before you start your task, it is better to clean it up then pull down the original parts step by step, the decoration boards and the main board.
justcardvd.com

Huh?  Do you want rye, or wheat bread with that?

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
ou812_tugger

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2012, 10:47:07 AM »

So I think my son kicked one of the wireless headphone units out the door at the mall. Does anyone know if I can just buy a set from Best buy or does it matter because they have the A and B channel on them to cordinate with which screen in my headrest will be used with that particular headphone?

Sweat more in training, bleed less in combat

67 Superformance Cobra
05 Mini Cooper S
10 GMC Acadia
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

The truth is not always found on the internet!

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2012, 11:12:40 AM »

Don't know the answer to this (I don't have the DVD players), but don't expect an answer from Best Buy either!

http://money.msn.com/investing/why-best-buy-is-destined-to-fail-forbes.aspx

2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
who1975

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2012, 01:50:48 PM »

I'm new to this Forum, just picked up a FWD Acadia Denali for my wife.

I've been going thru this thread to see if anyone had attempted to route the audio of the dual Headrest DVD to the dash head unit, maybe via the "AUX", in lieu of the FM Modulator.

The FM modulator is Ok. But living in So Cal, where every frequency is taken, you get those pesky scratchy noises every now and then. Plus I think using the FM modulator already degrades the audio, relative to a "direct" route.

Thanks in advance.

When I had my Acadia, I used a longer wire to route sound from one the of the headrests to the aux input so that our younger daughter could hear the sound thru the vehicle.  The only thing I did not like was the hum in the line when you would press the gas.  The alternator hum.  I almost bought the device that takes the sound out but did not want to shell out any more money.  I just lived with the extra little hum.  Now I have an Outlook with the factory dvd system and enjoy that a lot more.

2007 GMC ACADIA SLE AWD Blue Gold Crystal (sold)
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE Red Salsa Pearl
#4 member - Blue/Gold Acadia Club
2007 CBM Saturn Outlook XR AWD packed with all the goodies like Sunroof, Nav, dvd, remote start, tech package, power liftgate, touring pacakge, trailering package, etc.
drballard33

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2012, 12:43:28 PM »

I have the same problem as mentioned above, all of the FM stations are taken so if anyone has any experience wiring the headrests directly to the radio that would be great.  I would like to know what kind of wire I need and how I hook it up.

Thanks!
Sgt1411

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2013, 05:20:55 PM »

Has anyone installed GM Headrest DVD systems in the new 2013 Acadia?

I'm just about to order the GM Advent model #7012 dual DVD system with interface kit to front Navigation screen.

$1099.00 Shipping included from:

http://www.autospatech.com/

2013 Acadia Denali AWD Carbon Black Metallic,Ebony Leather, 7 seat, Navigation, OEM Wheels, AudioVox Advent 7" DVD Headrests, WeatherTech Mats.
Goat-v

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2013, 10:12:24 AM »

I'm interested in installing some DVD headrest as well in our Denali.  Does anyone know if all 13' headrest are the same. My dealer said the headrest are different from 12 to 13. 
Sgt1411

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2013, 10:26:40 AM »

Yes, they are different thats why I had to find these Advent ones that are factory matched to fit exactly on the top of the Denali seats.

Black Corinthian leather with light titanium stitching.

The only issue is when you add DVD headrests they don't move forward/backwards as the non DVD ones do.

The Acadia Headrest posts are narrow then most others, be aware when you order.

I was going to buy the $200 ones from China but they wont fit.

2013 Acadia Denali AWD Carbon Black Metallic,Ebony Leather, 7 seat, Navigation, OEM Wheels, AudioVox Advent 7" DVD Headrests, WeatherTech Mats.
Sgt1411

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2013, 06:53:40 PM »

Anyone have access to a wiring diagram for 2013 model?......I need to connect to accessory power for my headrest DVD's

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories